Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Reproducing the Hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 8/15/06, 07:11 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Whitestang06
I made my appointment online describing all the pertinent information including the TSB number. I then called today to verify appointment with Service Writer who printed up TSB 06-9-9 to have in hand first thing in the AM. I just hope I don't get there and then start getting jerked around.
Well when I picked mine up today the ticket said they ordered the part. But when I got home I had 2 messages from the service department guy asking me to call him. I didn't know this because when I picked it up he was already gone. So I don't know what he wanted. And of course he left 2 messages at my home number even though I told them call me at my work number. Sheeesh!
I figure if they say they can't duplicate it I will bug the hell out of them and take it in every other morning and say...hey man it happened again last night, until they give up and fix it.
Old 8/16/06, 03:45 PM
Team Mustang Source

fuel pump?

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF TH E FUEL PUMP IN A GT 500 IS DIFFERANT THAN A GT IF SO WILL THEY INTERCHANGE AND BE BETTER IF YOU PUT A SUPER CHAGER ON A GT? IS IT A BETTER PUMP?
Old 8/16/06, 09:13 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts

im Not Really Sure
Old 8/18/06, 04:20 PM
GT Member

Well after 3 days of being jerked around by dealership about if they could not make the car reproduce the problem business, they could not replace the fuel pump. I basically told them that I would call Ford Customer Service to notify them of my concern with it being a safety issue so that if there were something to happen involving this TSB 06-9-9 that somebody knew that I at least tried to get the problem taken care of and that I wanted a record that Ford would not take care of problem, I get the call this morning that they have ordered new fuel pump and they expect it in Monday morning and I should be ready to roll that same day. One weird thing is that yesterday some guy from the dealership had called me that I had not talked to before letting me know he had seen the information that I had emailed concerning the TSB before I ever brought my car in and proceeded to tell me that he found all the information I had provided relevant to the TSB. I then told him about the feedback I had been getting from Service in regards to them not being able to reproduce the problem so they could not replace fuel pump and he said I dont think they reallize the situation I will call immediatly to service. Well yesterday evening the service writer did not seem to care that this other guy might have influenced their decision not to replace fuel pump one way or the other. The Service Dept. called me 1st thing this morning and said after discussing issue with engineer and some others that they decided to replace. So whatever the reason it will be taken care of.
Old 8/21/06, 10:51 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by lenko
Off to get my new fuel pump put in this Thursday on an 06 GT Auto, VDX1 code. Has had a few incidents of bogging or hesitating after a long cruise since it was new. Did it stock and also with C & L and tune. Guess I better remove my C&L CAI and return the car to stock, so they don't try to blame that. Good thing I recently had the negative battery cable disconnected when I installed the homelink mirror with compass and temp reading. Easy to play dumb if they check for computer history.
All done, works excellent. Stock tune sucked and couldn't wait to get back and put C. & L. and Brenspeed tune back on.
Old 8/21/06, 07:09 PM
GT Member

Picked mine up today after having TSB 6-9-9 taken care of. Car actually seems to be running much smoother than before I had done. Who ever test drove my car lost my cap to the cigarette light on the dash, so thay are sending me a new one. I guess it could have been worse I could have found a ding or something like that.
Old 8/21/06, 07:48 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Whitestang06
....I guess it could have been worse I could have found a ding or something like that.
..or found that they went from underneath and when they reinstalled the driveshaft had it off by 180 degrees which causes one hell of a vibration around 30 mph, and you have to take it back yet again and pray they get it right this time!!!
Old 8/22/06, 06:28 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by blaster
..or found that they went from underneath and when they reinstalled the driveshaft had it off by 180 degrees which causes one hell of a vibration around 30 mph, and you have to take it back yet again and pray they get it right this time!!!

I probably would have lost it had it been me. I think my problem is that I expect them to screw something up.
Old 8/23/06, 01:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
My Per White must be built half outta wood ? not many concerns for my 05 GT as yet ? although Ford occassionally calls and asks hows it all going and was the service ok ??
Old 8/28/06, 07:56 AM
V6 Member

Had my pump replaced on Friday. Apparently they data logged a test drive and came up with a pressuer drop. They also said this fixed the gas guage problem, but i doubt that. It's easier to reproduce the gas guage issue than the hesitation, so I was glad that got fixed if nothing else. I don't know if they went in through the back seat or not.