Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Reproducing the Hesitation

Search this Thread

Old 3/9/06, 09:01 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(vistablue mustang @ March 8, 2006, 12:32 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
You know I brought this up with my tech and he was puzzled so he called Ford and they told him that this is normal for the Mustang. So it would seem that they are aware of it but not sure if they consider it an issue.
[/b][/quote]
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img] If they tell me it's "normal", I'll have to ask for it in writing. I'm not as worried about the problem right now as what it will be like in 2 more years when the warranty runs out.
Old 3/9/06, 09:26 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
It's Normal most likely in Two or Seven Years as well
Old 4/12/06, 08:24 PM

I have a C&L intake and x-calibrator 2 and my car has hesitated twice after a long run on the eway. Once in town.
Old 4/12/06, 10:10 PM
Team Mustang Source

Humm maybe Nos is a good thing just for these times ?
Old 4/14/06, 01:19 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(the cable guy @ March 9, 2006, 9:04 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumbsdown.gif[/img] If they tell me it's "normal", I'll have to ask for it in writing. I'm not as worried about the problem right now as what it will be like in 2 more years when the warranty runs out.
[/b][/quote]

I have had my 2005 into the shop twice for this issue.. having experienced it at least a dozen times myself. Ford can never reproduce it. The last time they installed a data recorder in the car and we now have 2 recorded instances of the occurence. I will not settle for the 'normal' behavior answer. I LOVE the car, but this is a safety issue that Ford cant chose to ignore. She goes back in on Monday.
Old 4/14/06, 01:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
I now have 6000 mile on my car and have never experianced this. Just a serious dead spot trying to blip the throttle( to bring the rrr's up) in 5th before downshifting to 4th or 3rd Sock except for TBS.
Old 4/14/06, 01:55 PM
Team Mustang Source

I guess some service Depts. Really can Reproduce a Hesitation ! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/rofl2.gif[/img] [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]
Old 4/19/06, 10:04 PM
GT Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(pittperson @ January 2, 2006, 11:42 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I take back what I said a few weeks ago about the hesitation not happening when I don't touch the cruise control.....I didn't touch it today and the car did a nose dive on me! This is getting very frustrating, I cannot believe that Ford has not addressed this issue yet. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/mad.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SonicStanGirl @ January 6, 2006, 7:31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I too have had the hesitation/bucking issue and come to think of it it was mostly after a slow corner and then heavy throttle mashing. Would buck (kinda of feels like ignition stops) about three times or so...I'd back off the throttle thinking there was a problem then it would happen again.

Love to hear more info from people about this one! I was beginning to think I was crazy. Glad to hear it wasn't my racer-x driving!
[/b][/quote]

This is an Interesting issue, I am collecting the 4 digit computer codes on the side of the PCM, On an other Forum we are tracking this same issue, I am collecting the PCM Codes and I am finding a pattern, so far 80% of cars with this problem have the Same Computer Code (TJF1) I would like to do this here, so if you are having this problem, post your PCM Codes

Your Computer Code is on a white sticker on the engine side of the pcm (Silver box on the front passenger side of the engine compartment)
Old 4/19/06, 10:20 PM
GT Member

This issue happened to me today while driving on the freeway. I downshifted from 5th to 4th due to slowing traffic. I was in 4th gear for about 10 seconds, foot off the clutch pedal. I saw an opening in the passing lane and hit the gas. BUCK! Loss of power, no acceleration. I let off the gas pedal and the power returned.

Reading all the posts my money is on the computer cutting fuel flow. I have an 06 GT Convertible 5 speed. Stock.
Old 4/19/06, 10:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Gee this keeps up and they'll take them all away from us. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img] I have yet to experience it and have had mine two days over a year, I wonder if its with the cold air intake ? I took out the filter one day and slightly blocked it and that cuts it out some what but more likely would result to a full stall.
Old 4/20/06, 01:01 AM
GT Member

I have talked about this problem in a similar thread.
The Ford dealer replaced my fuel pump.
Problem seems to have been solved.No problems since. [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]
Old 4/20/06, 03:58 AM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2K05GT-TK @ April 20, 2006, 12:07 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
This is an Interesting issue, I am collecting the 4 digit computer codes on the side of the PCM, On an other Forum we are tracking this same issue, I am collecting the PCM Codes and I am finding a pattern, so far 80% of cars with this problem have the Same Computer Code (TJF1) I would like to do this here, so if you are having this problem, post your PCM Codes

Your Computer Code is on a white sticker on the engine side of the pcm (Silver box on the front passenger side of the engine compartment)
[/b][/quote]

Please post link to the other thread
Old 4/20/06, 08:35 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SonicStanGirl @ January 6, 2006, 8:31 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I too have had the hesitation/bucking issue and come to think of it it was mostly after a slow corner and then heavy throttle mashing. Would buck (kinda of feels like ignition stops) about three times or so...I'd back off the throttle thinking there was a problem then it would happen again.

Love to hear more info from people about this one! I was beginning to think I was crazy. Glad to hear it wasn't my racer-x driving!
[/b][/quote]

EXACTLY what I am experiencing. Bucks 3 times or so and feels like the car is almost choking for a second or 2. I have an AUTOmatic 4.0 v6 w/ a Vortech s/c. I know it's not the s/c - cause seems like everyone else is having the same issues - stomp on it while having been cruising @ 70-75 and it seems to go for a second or two gain some speed - then when it actually downshift from 5th it hits about 80-83mph and buck buck buck - kinda like a rev limiter and bouncing. Then goes through it....
Old 4/20/06, 09:18 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Don't even have to downshift...

I was in 5th just pushing down to accelerate a bit, and it happened.

This is twice now.
Very odd.
Old 4/20/06, 09:39 AM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Boomer @ April 20, 2006, 11:21 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Don't even have to downshift...

I was in 5th just pushing down to accelerate a bit, and it happened.

This is twice now.
Very odd.
[/b][/quote]

Very Strange! Atleast it's not just in my head ....
Old 4/20/06, 10:07 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2K05GT-TK @ April 19, 2006, 11:07 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

[/b][/quote]

Computer code on mine is BKT2. Hope this helps. I need a fix asap before I get killed!
Old 4/20/06, 10:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Just got off the phone with service dept manager. Apparently a TSB is coming out to replace the fuel pump. The sock on the fueld pump collapses down causing the hesitation. Ford is redesigning the fuel pump and it will be 4-6 weeks before they get the new pumps in. At last - a possible solution and Ford finally is attempting to fix this stupid problem that has gone on for months now. I can't believe that this is a TSB and not a warranty recall -- hesitation like a lot of us have experienced is a true safety concern - you can get hit by another vehicle!
Old 4/20/06, 01:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Computer code CDC3 here
Old 4/20/06, 04:07 PM
GT Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Mtang78 @ April 20, 2006, 11:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Just got off the phone with service dept manager. Apparently a TSB is coming out to replace the fuel pump. The sock on the fueld pump collapses down causing the hesitation. Ford is redesigning the fuel pump and it will be 4-6 weeks before they get the new pumps in. At last - a possible solution and Ford finally is attempting to fix this stupid problem that has gone on for months now. I can't believe that this is a TSB and not a warranty recall -- hesitation like a lot of us have experienced is a true safety concern - you can get hit by another vehicle!
[/b][/quote]

Besides the possibility of the computer cutting off fuel...this seems like the next most logical thing that could cause this fuel cut off/hesitation problem. Sooo glad to here there is a TSB coming....wish it was a recall...but then someone would have to smash up their pony before that would happen.
Old 4/20/06, 09:37 PM
V6 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(IE8Z28 @ April 20, 2006, 4:01 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Please post link to the other thread
[/b][/quote]

http://www.mustangforums.com/m_1208636/tm.htm

Quick Reply: Reproducing the Hesitation