Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Rattles database

Search this Thread

Old 2/17/10, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TOGAN
guys I have a rattling problem its pissing me off I dont wanna pay ford $80 just so they can tie up 2 wires tighter

when the gear is in Drive and my foot is on the brake stopped, you can hear something hitting something right below the center of the flat size of the dashboard, once u hit the gas its goes away because the 2 things dont make contact at high speeds..

anybody had this?
only when it's really cold out
Old 2/23/10, 09:26 PM

Tint Protector Felt has killed ALL my rattles and sqeeks in 5 of my cars! It just like the OEM stuff. Wraps around things well and sticks like crazy. It's thin and easy.
Old 10/11/10, 10:35 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by neil07gt
I have a rattle that appears to be coming from inside the center stack maybe behind the AC *****. Actually, the rattle is more of a buzz like a really thin piece of metal vibrating behind the center stack. I tried to putting pressure on each **** and trim piece and at various points on the center stack to better locate the source, but no such luck.

Are you sure thats where it is? I get a noise that sounds like that when on the highway with the rpms a bit higher than regular cruise.. been driving me crazy press all over the center console & cupholder.. today after a new round of this I rested my hand on the parking brake and.. it stopped!

So any parking brake rattle solutions?
Old 10/11/10, 09:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Tighten up slack in cable?

Originally Posted by Shotokan1509
Are you sure thats where it is? I get a noise that sounds like that when on the highway with the rpms a bit higher than regular cruise.. been driving me crazy press all over the center console & cupholder.. today after a new round of this I rested my hand on the parking brake and.. it stopped!

So any parking brake rattle solutions?
Old 11/8/10, 08:37 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by randy_tho
Tighten up slack in cable?
Think it's just the handle itself because if squeeze it/rest my hand the right way it stops... but I need to figure it, driving me crazy. Of course I can't recreate it at a stop when I can really look down at it

Last edited by Shotokan1509; 11/8/10 at 08:49 PM.
Old 12/26/10, 10:24 AM

Originally Posted by Shotokan1509
Think it's just the handle itself because if squeeze it/rest my hand the right way it stops... but I need to figure it, driving me crazy. Of course I can't recreate it at a stop when I can really look down at it
... just started getting this in mine, too. It seems like it's the release button for the brake lever... if I place my finger on the button, the rattle stops. It seems that there was a known brake handle lever rattle issue a while ago... does anybody know of, or remember the fix?
Old 12/27/10, 12:52 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by jskibisky
... just started getting this in mine, too. It seems like it's the release button for the brake lever... if I place my finger on the button, the rattle stops. It seems that there was a known brake handle lever rattle issue a while ago... does anybody know of, or remember the fix?

Hmmm mine never seemed to be the button itself. Guess I have a few months to think about the potential spots while its hibernating, and yes it did annoy the crap outta me on the drive to my storage spot.
Old 12/29/10, 01:11 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
guys I have a rattling problem its pissing me off I dont wanna pay ford $80 just so they can tie up 2 wires tighter

when the gear is in Drive and my foot is on the brake stopped, you can hear something hitting something right below the center of the flat size of the dashboard, once u hit the gas its goes away because the 2 things dont make contact at high speeds..

anybody had this?
All my creeks and squeaks are isolated to the area where the dash top butts up against the lower part of the windhshield. It fustrates me because there is no easy disassembly of the dash top which requires the entire dash to be taken out. I can however reach my hand up from the bottom of the dash to a couple of the locations. I may try stuffing some flat foam to see if it helps. My remedy for now is to just turn the radio up so I don't hear it.
Old 1/2/11, 04:45 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by watchdevil
All my creeks and squeaks are isolated to the area where the dash top butts up against the lower part of the windhshield. It fustrates me because there is no easy disassembly of the dash top which requires the entire dash to be taken out. I can however reach my hand up from the bottom of the dash to a couple of the locations. I may try stuffing some flat foam to see if it helps. My remedy for now is to just turn the radio up so I don't hear it.
That is what guys have done with my Subaru, used like weather stripping shoved where the dash meets the windshield, do it uniformly and no one will notice. I need to do my Subaru, its fine during the warm months, but come the colder something contracts & it squeaks/pops.
Old 1/18/12, 07:59 PM

anybody had this?
I've been having the exact same issue for a while now. Anybody figure this out yet?
Old 1/20/12, 09:41 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by YZFMax
I've been having the exact same issue for a while now. Anybody figure this out yet?
Hello YZFMax,

I recommend you bring your vehicle in to your Ford dealer for diagnosis. Your Service Manager is in the best position to look into this for you. He can look into any warranty, Recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me.

Deysha
Old 12/6/18, 07:53 AM

Exhaust rattle

Ok so I took off my mufflers the other day and my Exhaust on both sides are rattling really really bad does anyone know anything I could do to stop this rattling
Old 12/6/18, 08:25 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
When you say you removed the mufflers, does that mean you just took them off and did not install something in their place or secure the exhaust pipes?
Old 12/6/18, 08:37 AM

Originally Posted by SpectreH
When you say you removed the mufflers, does that mean you just took them off and did not install something in their place or secure the exhaust pipes?
I took them off and did not replace it
Old 12/6/18, 09:19 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Originally Posted by Tanner44

I took them off and did not replace it
You will have to find a way to either secure the pipes under the car or replace the mufflers with a straight pipe that has hangers the fit the stock muffler hanger points. A competent muffler shop might be able to help.