Rattles database - Page 7 - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Notices
Warranty and Service Issues All Warrenty related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the service departments.

Rattles database

Old 2/17/10, 07:37 PM
  #121  
Member
 
pony13's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 10, 2008
Location: Wakefield, MA
Posts: 25
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TOGAN View Post
guys I have a rattling problem its pissing me off I dont wanna pay ford $80 just so they can tie up 2 wires tighter

when the gear is in Drive and my foot is on the brake stopped, you can hear something hitting something right below the center of the flat size of the dashboard, once u hit the gas its goes away because the 2 things dont make contact at high speeds..

anybody had this?
only when it's really cold out
pony13 is offline  
Old 2/23/10, 10:26 PM
  #122  
Member
 
flnsx's Avatar
 
Join Date: July 28, 2006
Posts: 43
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tint Protector Felt has killed ALL my rattles and sqeeks in 5 of my cars! It just like the OEM stuff. Wraps around things well and sticks like crazy. It's thin and easy.
flnsx is offline  
Old 10/11/10, 11:35 AM
  #123  
Cobra Member
 
Shotokan1509's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 22, 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 1,031
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neil07gt View Post
I have a rattle that appears to be coming from inside the center stack maybe behind the AC *****. Actually, the rattle is more of a buzz like a really thin piece of metal vibrating behind the center stack. I tried to putting pressure on each **** and trim piece and at various points on the center stack to better locate the source, but no such luck.

Are you sure thats where it is? I get a noise that sounds like that when on the highway with the rpms a bit higher than regular cruise.. been driving me crazy press all over the center console & cupholder.. today after a new round of this I rested my hand on the parking brake and.. it stopped!

So any parking brake rattle solutions?
Shotokan1509 is offline  
Old 10/11/10, 10:38 PM
  #124  
Mach 1 Member
 
randy_tho's Avatar
 
Join Date: December 1, 2006
Posts: 859
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Tighten up slack in cable?

Originally Posted by Shotokan1509 View Post
Are you sure thats where it is? I get a noise that sounds like that when on the highway with the rpms a bit higher than regular cruise.. been driving me crazy press all over the center console & cupholder.. today after a new round of this I rested my hand on the parking brake and.. it stopped!

So any parking brake rattle solutions?
randy_tho is offline  
Old 11/8/10, 09:37 PM
  #125  
Cobra Member
 
Shotokan1509's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 22, 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 1,031
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by randy_tho View Post
Tighten up slack in cable?
Think it's just the handle itself because if squeeze it/rest my hand the right way it stops... but I need to figure it, driving me crazy. Of course I can't recreate it at a stop when I can really look down at it

Last edited by Shotokan1509; 11/8/10 at 09:49 PM.
Shotokan1509 is offline  
Old 12/26/10, 11:24 AM
  #126  
Member
 
Join Date: June 9, 2006
Location: Connecticut
Posts: 28
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Shotokan1509 View Post
Think it's just the handle itself because if squeeze it/rest my hand the right way it stops... but I need to figure it, driving me crazy. Of course I can't recreate it at a stop when I can really look down at it
... just started getting this in mine, too. It seems like it's the release button for the brake lever... if I place my finger on the button, the rattle stops. It seems that there was a known brake handle lever rattle issue a while ago... does anybody know of, or remember the fix?
jskibisky is offline  
Old 12/27/10, 01:52 PM
  #127  
Cobra Member
 
Shotokan1509's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 22, 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 1,031
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jskibisky View Post
... just started getting this in mine, too. It seems like it's the release button for the brake lever... if I place my finger on the button, the rattle stops. It seems that there was a known brake handle lever rattle issue a while ago... does anybody know of, or remember the fix?

Hmmm mine never seemed to be the button itself. Guess I have a few months to think about the potential spots while its hibernating, and yes it did annoy the crap outta me on the drive to my storage spot.
Shotokan1509 is offline  
Old 12/29/10, 02:11 AM
  #128  
Shelby GT350 Member
 
watchdevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: February 5, 2008
Location: Chattanooga
Posts: 2,339
Thanks: 0
Thanked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TOGAN View Post
guys I have a rattling problem its pissing me off I dont wanna pay ford $80 just so they can tie up 2 wires tighter

when the gear is in Drive and my foot is on the brake stopped, you can hear something hitting something right below the center of the flat size of the dashboard, once u hit the gas its goes away because the 2 things dont make contact at high speeds..

anybody had this?
All my creeks and squeaks are isolated to the area where the dash top butts up against the lower part of the windhshield. It fustrates me because there is no easy disassembly of the dash top which requires the entire dash to be taken out. I can however reach my hand up from the bottom of the dash to a couple of the locations. I may try stuffing some flat foam to see if it helps. My remedy for now is to just turn the radio up so I don't hear it.
watchdevil is offline  
Old 1/2/11, 05:45 PM
  #129  
Cobra Member
 
Shotokan1509's Avatar
 
Join Date: June 22, 2006
Location: CT
Posts: 1,031
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by watchdevil View Post
All my creeks and squeaks are isolated to the area where the dash top butts up against the lower part of the windhshield. It fustrates me because there is no easy disassembly of the dash top which requires the entire dash to be taken out. I can however reach my hand up from the bottom of the dash to a couple of the locations. I may try stuffing some flat foam to see if it helps. My remedy for now is to just turn the radio up so I don't hear it.
That is what guys have done with my Subaru, used like weather stripping shoved where the dash meets the windshield, do it uniformly and no one will notice. I need to do my Subaru, its fine during the warm months, but come the colder something contracts & it squeaks/pops.
Shotokan1509 is offline  
Old 1/18/12, 08:59 PM
  #130  
Member
 
YZFMax's Avatar
 
Join Date: September 20, 2007
Posts: 27
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by TOGAN View Post
guys I have a rattling problem its pissing me off I dont wanna pay ford $80 just so they can tie up 2 wires tighter

when the gear is in Drive and my foot is on the brake stopped, you can hear something hitting something right below the center of the flat size of the dashboard, once u hit the gas its goes away because the 2 things dont make contact at high speeds..

anybody had this?
I've been having the exact same issue for a while now. Anybody figure this out yet?
YZFMax is offline  
Old 1/20/12, 10:41 AM
  #131  
Ford Customer Service Rep
 
FordService's Avatar
 
Join Date: October 25, 2010
Location: Dearborn, MI
Posts: 5,279
Thanks: 0
Thanked 11 Times in 9 Posts
Originally Posted by YZFMax View Post
I've been having the exact same issue for a while now. Anybody figure this out yet?
Hello YZFMax,

I recommend you bring your vehicle in to your Ford dealer for diagnosis. Your Service Manager is in the best position to look into this for you. He can look into any warranty, Recalls, or Customer Satisfaction Programs that may apply to your vehicle. If you need further assistance, do not hesitate to PM me.

Deysha
FordService is offline  
Old 12/6/18, 08:53 AM
  #132  
Member
 
Join Date: December 6, 2018
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Exhaust rattle

Ok so I took off my mufflers the other day and my Exhaust on both sides are rattling really really bad does anyone know anything I could do to stop this rattling
Tanner44 is offline  
Old 12/6/18, 09:25 AM
  #133  
Shelby GT350 Member
 
SpectreH's Avatar
 
Join Date: February 5, 2015
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 2,283
Thanked 240 Times in 215 Posts
When you say you removed the mufflers, does that mean you just took them off and did not install something in their place or secure the exhaust pipes?
SpectreH is offline  
Old 12/6/18, 09:37 AM
  #134  
Member
 
Join Date: December 6, 2018
Posts: 2
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SpectreH View Post
When you say you removed the mufflers, does that mean you just took them off and did not install something in their place or secure the exhaust pipes?
I took them off and did not replace it
Tanner44 is offline  
Old 12/6/18, 10:19 AM
  #135  
Shelby GT350 Member
 
SpectreH's Avatar
 
Join Date: February 5, 2015
Location: Norman, OK
Posts: 2,283
Thanked 240 Times in 215 Posts
Originally Posted by Tanner44 View Post

I took them off and did not replace it
You will have to find a way to either secure the pipes under the car or replace the mufflers with a straight pipe that has hangers the fit the stock muffler hanger points. A competent muffler shop might be able to help.
SpectreH is offline  
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
khoy37
Introductions
2
9/15/15 08:10 PM
robjh22
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech
4
9/8/15 01:31 PM
05GT4.6
2005-2009 Mustang
24
9/8/15 12:06 AM
apial
'10-14 V6 Modifications
4
9/6/15 11:40 AM
glo106
2010-2014 Mustang
16
8/11/15 09:29 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Rattles database


Featured Sponsors

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.