Repair and Service Help All Repair related problems, issues, TSBs, and anything else revolving around the Repair of your Mustang

Rattles database

Search this Thread

Old 5/31/07, 07:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have the same high pitched squeek. It is coming from the passenger side, when the roof is folded. You can duplicate the noise by pushing on the folded roof. Notified the dealer, waiting for available shop time. Also have a shake/rattle noise in the roof when it is up. More of a vibration rattle. Have not ye pin-pointed it, but will have them check it as well.
Old 6/15/07, 09:28 PM

Has anyone experiance a high vibration from the seat belt hold down clip on the drivers side when accelerating quickly. It feels like my cell phone is vibrating on my right side.
Any fixes?

I also here something rattling, (maybe my exhuast pipes) when starting cold only.

Thanks!
Bill
2007 GT/CS Convertiable
Old 6/27/07, 01:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

i have a rattle coming from the driver's side door. the two buttons for opening the windows rattle when i play songs with strong bass.

what should i do?
Old 6/28/07, 08:48 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
After driving an 07 C6 around with 800 miles on it today, our cars are built like bank vaults.
Old 6/30/07, 08:06 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Part of the problem is that our cars are built well, so we hear every little thing! I have a squeak coming from the shifter area that magically appeared last week. It is probably my Tri-Ax somehow. Waiting for it to cool down enough to check tonight. It is one annoying high pitched squeak. Only happens when you are moving. Tried to bounce the car and shifter around in the garage and nothing so far. Hoping I will have better luck under the car.
Old 6/30/07, 10:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Well, the interior shifter boot tends to squeak from rubbing, especially in 1st and 3rd.
Old 6/30/07, 10:30 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by kevinb120
Well, the interior shifter boot tends to squeak from rubbing, especially in 1st and 3rd.
Those darn rear nuts came a little loose on the shifter. I tightened everything up and went for an hour test drive on the backroads. No more squeak! It's not like you want to over-tighten them and break the studs either. They are pretty small. The blue loctite should do it. Seems that every time I hear a rattle or squeak, it is something I added or did.
Old 7/2/07, 08:52 PM

noobstang: I had this rattle too particularily when the interior was cold. I pulled the panel holding the window up/down button up enough to get my fingers under it and then pull the panel below it out partially. This allows the panel with the window button to be pulled out and turned over. They are held in place with old fashioned metal spring connectors. I then placed some one-sided stick foam insulation pieces of about 1/4 inch square under the panel with the window buttons.
Then I pushed the panels back in. This appears to have stopped the rattle.
I hope this helps because the vibration/distortion really ruins the sound. I should also say I have the shaker 500 with the bass speakers in the door.

Lewisr
Old 7/8/07, 12:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

yeah it totally does ruin the sound. it's really annoying.
i kinda don't want to touch it though. do you think the dealership will fix it?
i have frpp stingers.
Old 7/27/07, 09:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by ttbit
Part of the problem is that our cars are built well, so we hear every little thing!
Hmmm. That sounds like it could be a Yogi Berra comment..."This car is so quiet you can hear all the rattles."

I've got a dash rattle (more like two pieces of plastic constantly rubbing) and it's driving me crazy. Sounds like it's right in front of me, but when I lean forward, I can hardly hear it. It starts to sound like it's coming from the mirror or dome lights. Have tried to press every reachable part while driving...no luck.

Tried the A-pillars, shift boot, dash pad. Argh.

IMHO, there is no excuse for manufacturing a car with dash rattles in the 21st century - not when Honda can produce $16,000 Civics without them!
Old 7/27/07, 09:22 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by davisinla

IMHO, there is no excuse for manufacturing a car with dash rattles in the 21st century - not when Honda can produce $16,000 Civics without them!
9 page thread of Honda Civic rattle complaints from an 8th Gen Honda Civic Forum
Old 7/27/07, 09:37 AM
Mach 1 Member

Point taken...but the Civic and Accord I owned were both tight as a drum.

Just seems like in it's third model year, Ford would have addressed these issues - at the factory, NOT the dealership.
Old 7/27/07, 07:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Point taken...but the Civic and Accord I owned were both tight as a drum.
Should have bought another one.
Old 7/27/07, 08:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well, that's a slightly defensive statement, isn't it?

Do you think it's unreasonable to hope for a little better quality control on a $30,000 car?

There's a saying used in management...it applies to many things, but also to quality control: "What we allow, we encourage."
Old 7/28/07, 03:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Well, that's a slightly defensive statement, isn't it?
Why are you here? Some of us have posted constructive information and encouragement to help other Mustang owners. That is why I am subscribed to this thread. Please use another thread or forum to rain on someone elses parade.
Old 7/28/07, 07:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Why are you here? ... Please use another thread or forum to rain on someone elses parade.
Unless I'm mistaken, this is an open forum, not your personal "parade". If I've violated any rules of the forum, it would be up to the moderator(s) to let me know. As to where and what I may post, I follow their rules, not yours.

If you're sensitive to my criticism of Ford in this area, I'm sorry. Rattles are a "hot button" for me. And if you don't like what I have to say, that is certainly your prerogative. You could choose to express those differences in this thread, via PM, or simply ignore those with whom you disagree. But your sarcasm and personal attacks towards me is not warranted, nor is it, in your own words, "constructive information and encouragement." You are the one being kind of nasty here...not me.

Of course, that's just MY opinion.
Old 8/4/07, 12:19 PM
GT Member

I have several rattles in my car...just yesterday i finally figured out that one of them is coming from the rectangular IUP panel right in front of the passanger above the glove box. The slightest bit of pressure makes it go away...it's a very high pitched squeel as if you were rubbing who pieces of styrofoam together.

Anyone else experience this problem? Anyone have a fix?

MUCH appreciated...

Thanks you.
Old 8/6/07, 08:05 AM

Dineau and delz05:

I just started a separate thread called "Killer squeak in ragtop" to try to get to the bottom of this problem.

Craig
Old 9/13/07, 06:21 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by lewisr
noobstang: I had this rattle too particularily when the interior was cold. I pulled the panel holding the window up/down button up enough to get my fingers under it and then pull the panel below it out partially. This allows the panel with the window button to be pulled out and turned over. They are held in place with old fashioned metal spring connectors. I then placed some one-sided stick foam insulation pieces of about 1/4 inch square under the panel with the window buttons.
Then I pushed the panels back in. This appears to have stopped the rattle.
I hope this helps because the vibration/distortion really ruins the sound. I should also say I have the shaker 500 with the bass speakers in the door.

Lewisr
Yup I just fixed it on mine too, they would really get twanging with bass. If you have the IUP door panels, you can pull the entire 'block' straight out a smidge then pull the top cover off so it will come out from behind the trim(and fit back in easilly). It doesnt take much, a finger in the cutout for the switches and a tug will pull it away from the door panel. The switch boxes just float in the plastic cover, and shoving stuff in there/taping it and putting some foam on the ribs for the where the cover sits itself fixed it for me too. Had just started doing it after months of trouble free operation.

I noticed another rattle with the windows down, the door lock pin wires or possible the plastic window guides(sounds too high up in the door for that though) rattle down in the door just slightly, but don't when the window is up. I will have to fix it when I put some moleskin in soon, sure its another foam tape to the rescue caper....

If anyone wants to come down to check out just about any kind of used car, the rattle-free wonder car does NOT exist. Every car squeaks and rattles with time. If you want to see something really funny, I have three late-model Porsches in stock, drive them around for a while and any Mustang feels like a lexus.
Old 9/24/07, 09:07 AM
Mach 1 Member

new rattle

Just wondering if anyone else has the same issue as my latest emerging rattle noise. I can now hear a plastic sounding rattle in the steering wheel. Sort of like a small piece of plastic broke off somewhere inside and everytime I turn the wheel, I hear it rattle around (think PS2 controller that's been dropped too many times).

The best part is the dealer I bought from didn't hear anything "abnormal". They must send these guys to the same school for how to deny warranty claims I told them I'd never be back, so now I'm off to the next dealer to see if they will replace/fix.

Quick Reply: Rattles database