Notices
Suspension, Brakes, and Tire Tech Place to discuss suspension mods for all models

Just lowered my 2010 with Steeda package

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/15, 11:34 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just lowered my 2010 with Steeda package

I already posted this in the "appearance" forum, but thought I'd duplicate the post here to give details on the "Steeda package with our Steeda Sport Springs, Steeda ProAction shocks and struts, Steeda Panhard Bar and Steeda HD Adjustable Upper Strut mounts." My contact at Steeda was Rodney Williamson and he did a great job not only with counseling me on this, my first mod, but also in promptly delivering the package. I had Firestone do the installation after getting skittish about the aggressive attitude of the guys in the speed shop that did the window tinting. First, here are before/after shots. Several days elapsed between the two shots and so I am unfortunately not standing exactly in the same spot both times.

Before:

After:

Looks pretty good for a 2010, don't she? (7500 miles.)

To tell the truth, I can't detect any difference in the wheel gap, front or rear, but it is definitely about an inch lower than before. I can see it sitting lower in the garage and the stance looks different in the two pictures. Plus the springs are a full inch shorter than the originals, so it must be lower.

The big difference is in the ride. This is my first Mustang, and while I did not exactly dislike the ride, I sensed the front end "floating" for lack of a better word, like a boat going over a wave. I wanted it firmer, which it is, but feared it would be harsh. It isn't. It just feels "solid," and there is not creak, groan, or rattle anywhere. You all might think "well, why did you think it would creak, groan or rattle?" and the answer is that I have just had experience with vehicles making noise down under. My mechanic told me these components did not have any bushings to cushion their attachment from the body, and I just feared it would be noisy.

The car especially feels more stable in corners, though the kit does not include sway bars, which presumably would help with that even more.

Cost for the kit was $1069 from Steeda, with free shipping. I paid about $450 for the install and another $200 for a lifetime alignment from Firestone.

So glad I made this my first mod. Up next is a better shifter, then Niche Verona wheels with new tires, and I may be done at that point. The exhaust sound is already awesome, and as for increasing HP, meh, what's the point? I have never even red lined the car as it is, and can't imagine racing anyone. No matter how much HP I get, there is always going to be a faster gun in town, and so I'd rather spend the money on a sound system and wheels and let you guys enjoy the racing trophies.

CALL RODNEY AT STEEDA TODAY! (Rodney Williamson, Sales & Support, Direct Phone: 954-718-6512 rod@steeda.com)

Best,

Rob in Plano

Last edited by robjh22; 9/8/15 at 11:36 AM.
Old 9/8/15, 11:40 AM
V6 Member

Here is what Rodney at Steeda promised: This setup would lower the car about an inch in the front, 1.25 our back. It would virtually eliminate the ‘floating’ of the Mustang and make it corner like it’s on rails. All while still having a good ride.

As I said, I'm sure he's right about the lowering, though I can't see it in the wheel gap (my mechanics say that they sure as heck CAN see the difference and they think I'm blind), but in any case Rodney's assurances were absolutely dead on accurate. Very happy with the improved ride form Steeda.
Old 9/8/15, 11:46 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Originally Posted by robjh22

As I said, I'm sure he's right about the lowering, though I can't see it in the wheel gap (my mechanics say that they sure as heck CAN see the difference and they think I'm blind), but in any case Rodney's assurances were absolutely dead on accurate.

First off, your Mustang is gorgeous.

It's difficult to tell the difference from the pics, but if you wanted it to fill the gaps even more, a set of 19" tires/wheels might do the trick.
Old 9/8/15, 11:51 AM
V6 Member

Thanks for the compliment, Triple (sorry I called you "Rodney' before editing, LOL). That is one of my very next orders of business (You think those are 18's?)

If you think it looks good now, wait till you see her with the pink flames, big green racing stripes, and "Chevy Eater" decals I have on order!

Seriously, thanks for the tip. I'm going slow with my mods and really pleasantly surprised so far.

Last edited by robjh22; 9/8/15 at 11:52 AM.
Old 9/8/15, 12:31 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 52 Likes on 47 Posts
CALL RODNEY AT STEEDA TODAY! (Rodney Williamson, Sales & Support, Direct Phone: 954-718-6512 rod@steeda.com)

Best,

Rob in Plano
Thank you for the support & I will pass along the compliment to Rodney -- truly appreciate your business & feedback.

Best Regards,

TJ