Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 5/12/14, 10:17 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by KushBandit
Installed my new J&M Rear LCAs today. I haven't gotten to test them out though, just a test drive around the neighborhood. The rear end definitely feels a tad firmer now. Complemented my Koni/Steeda combo.
Have a link on those lca? Benefits over stock are just a firmer ride and planted rear?
Old 5/12/14, 10:24 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
Today, I took my car to the tire shop for the third time! Freeway driving kept giving me a very light vibration. Now after the fourth attempt at rebalancing my 19" AMR wheels, it looks like it finally worked (first attempt was by American Muscle). They finally did a force balance? What is that?

Both rear wheels needed 4.5 ounces on the outside and another 1.5 ounces on the inside of the wheel! I'm not sure if I want to keep these wheels. When I need to replace my tires, same thing is going to happen. Or am I just **** about this, and was the tire shop just doing a bad job?
On the other hand: it is possible to balance them, it just takes a lot of effort. And I really love the design of this wheel.
I was advised to stick with quality, but I went cheap...... If I only had..... Those Avant Gardes M310 were not much more expensive. But I could only buy them as separate items. Not as a mounted tire and wheel kit, and I didn't want to go to a shop for that.... Ended up going three times extra in the end.
Old 5/13/14, 01:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5

Have a link on those lca? Benefits over stock are just a firmer ride and planted rear?
http://americanmuscle.com/2005-powde...ling-arms.html

They definitely make the rear feel planted compared to the flimsy stock LCAs. I'm sure they'll help eliminate wheel hop as well, but I won't know until I run it hard tomorrow.

Last edited by KushBandit; 5/13/14 at 01:43 AM.
Old 5/13/14, 06:58 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I will be replacing stock with Roush Axle-Back Exhaust on my 12. Next week will be tires and rims, I hope. The rims are on back order.
Old 5/13/14, 07:12 AM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bjbsav
I will be replacing stock with Roush Axle-Back Exhaust on my 12
Prepare for LOUD! I just installed the same thing on my stock GT. People will hear you coming from a mile away when you get on it!
Old 5/13/14, 07:38 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by John H
Prepare for LOUD! I just installed the same thing on my stock GT. People will hear you coming from a mile away when you get on it!

I have heard that they are a good happy medium. Not too loud on the highway but loud when you get on it. Honestly I am more excited to get the tires and the rims. I ordered the Niche Verona 20x9 and 20x10 a couple of weeks ago from HyperMotive and they have not been stock. But they should next week or the week after. As others have said HyperMotive has been great to work with in the purchase process.
Old 5/13/14, 08:39 AM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Put on new aluminum LCAs and RTR spoiler
Attached Images  
Old 5/13/14, 10:28 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by ledsled
Put on new aluminum LCAs and RTR spoiler
Please post what you think of the lca upgrades... I keep seeing more and more people doing this. This might have to be my next upgrade.
Old 5/13/14, 10:55 AM
GT Member

I'm finally installing my MGW this Saturday after it sitting in my house since February. I blame all the people on here for making me get this shifter that will change my shifting world. It was mostly Burton's videos that pushed me over the edge and now I can't wait to try it out.
Old 5/13/14, 12:35 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Plim
Today, I took my car to the tire shop for the third time! Freeway driving kept giving me a very light vibration. Now after the fourth attempt at rebalancing my 19" AMR wheels, it looks like it finally worked (first attempt was by American Muscle). They finally did a force balance? What is that?

Both rear wheels needed 4.5 ounces on the outside and another 1.5 ounces on the inside of the wheel! I'm not sure if I want to keep these wheels. When I need to replace my tires, same thing is going to happen. Or am I just **** about this, and was the tire shop just doing a bad job?
On the other hand: it is possible to balance them, it just takes a lot of effort. And I really love the design of this wheel.
I was advised to stick with quality, but I went cheap...... If I only had..... Those Avant Gardes M310 were not much more expensive. But I could only buy them as separate items. Not as a mounted tire and wheel kit, and I didn't want to go to a shop for that.... Ended up going three times extra in the end.
A force balance combines traditional balancing with the added simulation of tire contact on road and checks for tire and wheel runout. There is a drum that applies pressure on the tire while it rotates to check for any variances under a simulated load. You can then rotate the tire on the wheel to match up the high/low spot on the tire to the high/low spot on the wheel. Youtube it and you'll get a much better idea of what I'm talking about.
Old 5/13/14, 12:58 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by pressman43
I'm finally installing my MGW this Saturday after it sitting in my house since February. I blame all the people on here for making me get this shifter that will change my shifting world. It was mostly Burton's videos that pushed me over the edge and now I can't wait to try it out.
Np at all Bill... matter of fact, I'm trying to remember which video you are referring to. LOL Was it the one of me shifting with my index finger and thumb, post install? When I fixed that darn boot?

Yes, goodluck with install. It will be a lot of fun to do for sure, and more fun once you use it. Keep us posted.
Old 5/13/14, 01:48 PM
Bullitt Member

I decided to cash in on a favor and have the shop install the Roush axle backs and I just left and you are right, it is pretty loud. Yet it calms down on the highway.
Old 5/13/14, 02:18 PM

I installed the 8 inch dual Lemans' stripes on my 2014 SG Mustang GT. I was really worried about doing this job myself and checked on prices to install. The auto detailer wanted $350 to do the job. I had a free weekend and decided to give it a go myself. I have spent about 10 hours so far and only have the lower bumper section and the spoiler left.

No bubbles and I got it to line up really nicely. I have had to pull the vinyl off the spoiler twice because I can't seem to get it to go on without wrinkles. I am thinking about doing it in two sections.
Old 5/13/14, 03:06 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,712 Likes on 1,219 Posts
I just .
Isn't that the way a muscle car should sound? I love it.
Old 5/13/14, 03:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by The Beast 2014
I installed the 8 inch dual Lemans' stripes on my 2014 SG Mustang GT. I was really worried about doing this job myself and checked on prices to install. The auto detailer wanted $350 to do the job. I had a free weekend and decided to give it a go myself. I have spent about 10 hours so far and only have the lower bumper section and the spoiler left. No bubbles and I got it to line up really nicely. I have had to pull the vinyl off the spoiler twice because I can't seem to get it to go on without wrinkles. I am thinking about doing it in two sections.
good luck! Are they matte black stripes? Pics when done!
Old 5/13/14, 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by MDkid92
good luck! Are they matte black stripes? Pics when done!

They were gloss. I am not a big fan of how the matte looked on a friends car. I will post some pictures when I am done with the front and rear bumper.

I have the rousch side splitter panels coming later this week and those will be the next installation. After that it will be lowering the mustang probably next month. Lots of stuff I want to do. I care more about having a nice looking car and worrying about the speed later.
Old 5/13/14, 05:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by The Beast 2014
They were gloss. I am not a big fan of how the matte looked on a friends car. I will post some pictures when I am done with the front and rear bumper.

I have the rousch side splitter panels coming later this week and those will be the next installation. After that it will be lowering the mustang probably next month. Lots of stuff I want to do. I care more about having a nice looking car and worrying about the speed later.
I want my stripes back!! I have had a horrible time with them spotting in the southeast. I live very close to the ocean and they only last a year. I have been thinking about getting them painted on rather than the stick on vinyl.
Old 5/13/14, 05:59 PM
Bullitt Member

MMD Decklid Panel installed.

Old 5/13/14, 07:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by cdiaz1069
MMD Decklid Panel installed.
nice!
Old 5/13/14, 07:42 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RubyRedMCA_Beast
A force balance combines traditional balancing with the added simulation of tire contact on road and checks for tire and wheel runout. There is a drum that applies pressure on the tire while it rotates to check for any variances under a simulated load. You can then rotate the tire on the wheel to match up the high/low spot on the tire to the high/low spot on the wheel. Youtube it and you'll get a much better idea of what I'm talking about.
thanks for explaining.
Do you consider this a normal activity for a new wheel and tire kit? I was surprised it was so much work and so difficult to get them balanced.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?