Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 6/15/14, 05:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by John H
I swapped my Pedestal Spoiler-equipped decklid with one that has the standard spoiler. I'm MUCH happier now. Didn't like the pedestal style one at all, not to mention it's a pain with all the water it traps when washing the car. It only took about 45 minutes to do the swap. Very painless!
Does your key work on it still? Did you switch that stuff out?
Old 6/15/14, 05:21 PM
Cobra Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by 06blackvertstang
Does your key work on it still? Did you switch that stuff out?
Yeah, everything works great. Nothing had to be do e with keys, as there is no key hole on the decklid.

There were 4 10mm bolts to undo the lid from the hinges, then you pop out about 10 plastic fasteners that hold that molded carpet piece under the decklid. After that, you disconnect up to 3 wiring harnesses (brake light, truck lock and satellite radio antenna). It's super easy. Took about 45 minutes start to finish doing it for the first time. If I were to do it again, probably could do it in 25-30 minutes.

Last edited by John H; 6/15/14 at 05:22 PM.
Old 6/15/14, 05:53 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Yeah, everything works great. Nothing had to be do e with keys, as there is no key hole on the decklid.

There were 4 10mm bolts to undo the lid from the hinges, then you pop out about 10 plastic fasteners that hold that molded carpet piece under the decklid. After that, you disconnect up to 3 wiring harnesses (brake light, truck lock and satellite radio antenna). It's super easy. Took about 45 minutes start to finish doing it for the first time. If I were to do it again, probably could do it in 25-30 minutes.
Nice thanks!
Old 6/16/14, 07:05 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Went up to a local ice cream shoppe yesterday, mainly cause i knew it would be packed and give a chance for people to check out the car. As soon as i pulled up i hear a little kid say to his dad, "dad look at that sweet car!" I get out and while standing in line i could here a few teens arguing about something to do with my car, one kid was defending the 5.0 and another was talking **** about the engine in general. So the kid defending it finally just decides to ask me how "fast" it goes... i told him well it probably has 600hp, and he just turns to the other kid and says see!. SO he walks over and says well my dad has a 300c with the 5.7 hemi ( i think thats what he said, i didn't wanna give him the time of day) thats twin turbo... i just turned around after that.

then another teen came up to me started off with " so its kind of hard to ignore the big intercooler" then asked a bunch of questions about the car and gave a couple compliments.

Really makes your day when you get personally commended on what you've done to your ride.
Old 6/16/14, 08:15 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
^ I agree... some folks are pretty nice about it. Esp other car guys. Some folks, not so much. I get comments, compliments, and discussions almost everytime I take her out for a drive (which is not that often). Some good people out there with rides also worthy of notice. We're all car folks... love it.
Old 6/16/14, 08:17 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by rmurer
Went up to a local ice cream shoppe yesterday, mainly cause i knew it would be packed and give a chance for people to check out the car. As soon as i pulled up i hear a little kid say to his dad, "dad look at that sweet car!" I get out and while standing in line i could here a few teens arguing about something to do with my car, one kid was defending the 5.0 and another was talking **** about the engine in general. So the kid defending it finally just decides to ask me how "fast" it goes... i told him well it probably has 600hp, and he just turns to the other kid and says see!. SO he walks over and says well my dad has a 300c with the 5.7 hemi ( i think thats what he said, i didn't wanna give him the time of day) thats twin turbo... i just turned around after that. then another teen came up to me started off with " so its kind of hard to ignore the big intercooler" then asked a bunch of questions about the car and gave a couple compliments. Really makes your day when you get personally commended on what you've done to your ride.
congrats! Really makes you feel good about what you've done!
Old 6/16/14, 08:26 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
^ I agree... some folks are pretty nice about it. Esp other car guys. Some folks, not so much. I get comments, compliments, and discussions almost everytime I take her out for a drive (which is not that often). Some good people out there with rides also worthy of notice. We're all car folks... love it.
Yeah thats just how things go, some people love to recognize a nice car others just wanna hate. I think its great that now that its supercharged, they can judge and have no clue. Was nice that someone said well i can see the intercooloer soo lets talk lol.

Originally Posted by MDkid92
congrats! Really makes you feel good about what you've done!
Thanks! It really does, even if i didn't here people talking about it i would still be proud of what i've done to it.
Old 6/16/14, 08:56 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by rmurer
Yeah thats just how things go, some people love to recognize a nice car others just wanna hate. I think its great that now that its supercharged, they can judge and have no clue. Was nice that someone said well i can see the intercooloer soo lets talk lol.

Thanks! It really does, even if i didn't here people talking about it i would still be proud of what i've done to it.
^ that is so true... only the true afficionados will know what that is. Same with mine... true car folks can distinguish it from a radiator
Old 6/17/14, 02:36 PM
Cobra Member

Did the sound tube delete. Can't tell a whole lot of difference due to the volume of my Roush exhaust.
Old 6/17/14, 02:37 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,712 Likes on 1,219 Posts
Did the sound tube delete. Can't tell a whole lot of difference due to the volume of my Roush exhaust.
LOL
Love it.
Old 6/17/14, 03:08 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Stage_3
LOL Love it.
Yeah, but I have to admit, I wouldn't mind it if there was a way to tame it down a tad. (Yes, I know, that should be against the rules. Lol)
Old 6/17/14, 04:21 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,712 Likes on 1,219 Posts
Yeah, but I have to admit, I wouldn't mind it if there was a way to tame it down a tad. (Yes, I know, that should be against the rules. Lol)
It is against the rules.
Old 6/17/14, 06:28 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,226 Likes on 1,661 Posts
WHAT? I CANT HEAR YOU!!! :-)
Old 6/19/14, 03:09 PM
Cobra Member

Installed LED replacement bulbs for the map lights, trunk light and license plate lights. Purchased them from Diode Dynamics. Good prices and fast shipping. I got all of these for the cost of just one of those replacement sets if purchased from some of the Mustang parts vendors.
Old 6/19/14, 03:15 PM
GT Member

drove almost 3 hours to MGW, had george install it and talked, he was done in less than an hour. sent me on my way w/ a shirt. 3 hour drive back home. long day
Old 6/19/14, 03:37 PM

Getting it checked up for squeaking noise at the dealership. Feels like I m at a hospital
Old 6/19/14, 03:38 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Installed LED replacement bulbs for the map lights, trunk light and license plate lights. Purchased them from Diode Dynamics. Good prices and fast shipping. I got all of these for the cost of just one of those replacement sets if purchased from some of the Mustang parts vendors.
I'm planning this as soon as I get my car. Already emailed Nick!
Old 6/19/14, 04:03 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
I'm planning this as soon as I get my car. Already emailed Nick!
Cool. I'm looking forward to it getting dark so I can really see how much brighter they are.
Old 6/19/14, 06:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts
Tire rotation and backside wheel cleaning along with a brake inspection.
Going to need rear pads before too long.
Old 6/20/14, 06:41 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Wash and waxed it today. Full detail took about 2 hours. Think I'll hit it with some clay next weekend.

I was also messing around with the tri-bar emblem on my grille to try something new. Any thoughts? I just have it hanging there in the picture. It's currently off, and originally came on the driver side.
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-image-3054941911.jpg  
Attached Images  

Last edited by KushBandit; 6/20/14 at 06:43 PM.

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?