Received 2,228 Likes on 1,662 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
^^That looks good man.
Awesome looking engine bay.
Old 3/5/16, 09:21 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 542 Likes on 422 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38
Yeah I think you're right, strut covers and intake tube. Maybe the fuse box cover too?
I think the fusebox cover would be too much, and I don't want to pull that pattern forward so much, just want it around the engine, where all the hellish stuff happens, lol

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
Well, as expected, my trip to the dealer was pointless as they "couldn't duplicate" the grinding into 2nd and 3rd, the engine tick, or the passenger door rattle. So I think I'm going to throw the MGW shifter on today. God, I really hope it takes care of the horrible shifts into 2nd and 3rd.
It will.
Do you still have the clutch pedal helper spring installed?
If so, get rid of it, it sucks.
Also, have you ever had the trans fluid replaced?
If not, easy to do, get some fresh Amsoil Syncromesh stuff in there. 3 qt bottles will do.

Originally Posted by Dfink114
I've come to share pictures of my fake hydro carbon fiber!

Dave, that looks awesome!

Last edited by Gabe; 3/5/16 at 09:25 AM.
Old 3/5/16, 02:56 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Dfink114
I've come to share pictures of my fake hydro carbon fiber!
I like it!

I switched out my shift/e-brake boots with the GT500 ones, but changed the stitching from white to red. I also added a SHR center console button in black (I am slowly trying to get rid of all the chrome I can)...

Name:  DSC_0003-sm_zpsrixd3p1a.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  181.1 KB

Name:  DSC_0018-sm_zpsh82if0dk.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  218.0 KB
Old 3/5/16, 03:16 PM
GT Member

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts
I just purchased some led lights for the map lights and plate.
Old 3/6/16, 09:43 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,719 Likes on 1,223 Posts
Took the Green Machine out today!
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-110924.jpg   What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-111048.jpg  
Old 3/6/16, 10:04 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally Posted by VidPro
One of my options but a dumb question coming up. Will Ford give me a hard time on a warranty issue if I pull the insulation out?

Thanks. If I can't get the scratches out I will paint it. I've seen some painted and I think it looks pretty cool. I just don't know how to remove the GT badge.
The emblem is just held on by the 3m tape same as the fender emblem.
Old 3/6/16, 10:55 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Installed the brake fluid reservoir from the auto cars, the GTO clutch fluid reservoir, and topped off the fluids with Amsoil DOT4 brake fluid.
Brake and clutch fluids are now "divorced", no longer heating each other up.
McLeod clutch line to be installed within the next few days.
The new set-up:

Name:  20160306_reservoirs4.jpg
Views: 42
Size:  251.7 KB
Old 3/6/16, 01:06 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Got my Stow Away license bracket and bumper plugs yesterday, and did the installation today. I was going to center mount the unit, but after I removed one screw from the splash shield, the retaining clip fell out. After an hour of laying on the cold ground with no floor jack or stands, it was useless trying to attach it, so I installed it on the passenger side.

I did a lot of trimming and modifying on the plastic Ford license bracket that was already on the car so I could mount it higher on the removable part of the Stow Away bracket. Otherwise the bottom of the license plate assembly would have interfered with my driveway. It took a while test fitting, but it's perfect now...no clearance issues.

I got silver bumper plugs and they match the stripes perfectly. I'd rather have a smooth bumper, but it's a very acceptable compromise. I'm digging how it appears now, and it'll look so much cleaner in future photo shoots and shows/cruises without the plate....and I can still stay legal when I'm driving.

Here's a before pic, and pics with and without the plate.....
Attached Thumbnails What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-before.jpg   What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-sam_4399.jpg   What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-sam_4401.jpg   What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-sam_4391.jpg  
Old 3/6/16, 01:12 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
Got my Stow Away license bracket and bumper plugs yesterday, and did the installation today. I was going to center mount the unit, but after I removed one screw from the splash shield, the retaining clip fell out. After an hour of laying on the cold ground with no floor jack or stands, it was useless trying to attach it, so I installed it on the passenger side.
I did a lot of trimming and modifying on the plastic Ford license bracket that was already on the car so I could mount it higher on the removable part of the Stow Away bracket. Otherwise the bottom of the license plate assembly would have interfered with my driveway. It took a while test fitting, but it's perfect now...no clearance issues.
I got silver bumper plugs and they match the stripes perfectly. I'd rather have a smooth bumper, but it's a very acceptable compromise. I'm digging how it appears now, and it'll look so much cleaner in future photo shoots and shows/cruises without the plate....and I can still stay legal when I'm driving.
That looks much better Tom. I think it looks good off center like that, even if it wasn't your intention. Good job with the modifications making it work.
(I never run a front plate on my Mustang, even though we are supposed to. I only use my Craig's Custom Mount when going to the yearly inspection, or else they won't even take you in the garage. Right after the inspection, it comes right off. )
Old 3/6/16, 03:06 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Originally Posted by Stage_3
Took the Green Machine out today!
Nice Tony! I asked my daughters the DD or Miss Scarlett for a trip. They both yelled Miss Scarlett!
Old 3/6/16, 03:10 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Nice Tony! I asked my daughters the DD or Miss Scarlett for a trip. They both yelled Miss Scarlett!
Sounds like you're raising the young'uns right.
Old 3/6/16, 04:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Just got home from DRIVING it

Girlfriend and I just took a nice cruise, over 4 hrs total
Old 3/6/16, 04:48 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Awesome! Like Tom said,...you're doing parenting right!!! lol

Originally Posted by Gabe
Just got home from DRIVING it
Girlfriend and I just took a nice cruise, over 4 hrs total
Awesome!
Old 3/7/16, 04:46 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts

Nice! This is on my to-do list this summer.

Looks like a nice spring week here in New England at least when it's not raining. I think the cover comes off and I hit the road. Too bad work has to get in the way.
Old 3/7/16, 06:04 AM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by VidPro
Nice! This is on my to-do list this summer.
Thanks.

It's a straight forward install that should only take about 15 minutes if you don't have issues like I did. I had some modifying and a lot of test fitting to eliminate clearance concerns.

I'd have preferred an electric assembly that retracts and slides the plate under the bumper, operated by a remote, but I didn't want to spend the xtra $$$ only to find out it wouldn't work for me.
Old 3/7/16, 08:49 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
I finally did the unthinkable today! Better late than never. But someone came out of hiding yesterday. It was 60 degrees and sunny (mostly). Roads were semi-drivable. So I started her up and drove her up and down the street only. She fired up right away after a ~5 month hiatus. Hearing her crank, her idle, her revs, was surreal. I didn't realize how much I missed her. What's sad though is, amazing after 5 months of not driving her, you forget how stiff the clutch is, how short the MGW shifts are, and you have to get used to the timing again. A big contributor to that is the fact that I have been driving my POS 1993 Prizm with a clutch as soft as a marshmallow and a shifter that's as wobbly and long as on old man's walking crane.

Regardless, my point is, I missed Marilyn... a lot. And it was fantastic driving her yesterday (albeit dirty) for 5-10 minutes. Here's the awful phone pics to prove it.

Old 3/7/16, 09:48 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,155 Likes on 843 Posts
I drove mine this weekend to visit my parents in Columbia, SC. 500 miles of nice Mustang cruising.
Old 3/7/16, 09:53 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Definitely looks better... I just run without a front plate myself, but my risk to *reward* ratio is pretty low compared to those that drive their car more... I run both my Mustang and our Mini with no front plate and have only been pulled over once, and it was in the Mustang (at the airport of all places and luckily I was let go with a warning)...
Old 3/7/16, 02:47 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by SpectreH
I drove mine this weekend to visit my parents in Columbia, SC. 500 miles of nice Mustang cruising.
^Awesome!
Old 3/7/16, 03:05 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Now I'm trolling the high school...it's my oldest daughters first day of track and field.
Nice blue VW not!!!
What did you do to your '10-'14 today?-photo111.jpg

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?