Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

What did you do to your '10-'14 today?

Search this Thread

Old 1/31/16, 06:59 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 542 Likes on 422 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Lucky you Gabe! Forecast is winter storm watch tomorrow. 8" expected. Marilyn stays hibernated another 2 months maybe. Hate the Midwest.
Thanks, and sorry to hear it ... I'm planning on driving her again today.
I have some tools I need to return to 2 different friends, one's 30 minutes away, one's an hour away.
Should be a nice drive
Old 1/31/16, 11:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by ElkGroveFordGuy
Put my new H-pipe and over the axle pipes on!
Sounds great!
Nice! How was the fitment?.....never mind I saw your review on the 5.0 mod thread.

Last edited by BackroadGT; 1/31/16 at 11:58 AM.
Old 1/31/16, 04:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
I gave her a bath today and started on a grille project. Plan is run gt500 upper type grille but retain the fogs. Nothing like 64* weather in Indiana going into Feb.
Old 1/31/16, 04:46 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,712 Likes on 1,219 Posts
Originally Posted by Blown CS
I gave her a bath today and started on a grille project. Plan is run gt500 upper type grille but retain the fogs. Nothing like 64* weather in Indiana going into Feb.
Awesome. Good luck bro.
It was almost 60 degrees here in MA. Great weather for almost February.
Old 1/31/16, 06:00 PM
GTR Member

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel
I hope so! Hope I'm not being screwed too! Hasn't been marked shipped yet!
I did get dicked on by the seller but PayPal had my back luckily
Old 1/31/16, 06:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Checked the tire pressure in the new tires/wheels this morning.
Got super pissed off to find that the shop that mounted the tires left 58 psi in the front tires and 50 psi in the rears (drag radials).
They never once mentioned that I should check and reset the pressure to whatever I might wanna run, they just gave me the tires/wheels, took my money and let me leave.
The "max psi" for the front tires is 50.
Not sure what it is for the DR's

Reset them all to 32psi, went on a 2-hour drive with the GF, got back to find that the panhard bar somehow shifted to the right and the tire touched the fender repeatedly over the bumps/dips on the roads/highways:

Name:  20160131_tire-rub.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  338.6 KB

So I now re-centered the axle and am thinking of what springs to get for the rear to maybe lift the car a 1/4" or so.
I currently have Steeda Sport springs, advertised at a 1.25" rear drop, and I have adjustable Koni shocks.
The tire rub above was even after I cranked the shocks 2 full turns toward firm (they only have 2.5 turns total)

Took another picture of the car while on the road in a restaurant's parking lot

Name:  20160131.jpg
Views: 64
Size:  428.6 KB
Old 1/31/16, 11:49 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
She's looking aggressive Gabe. The rubbing sucks but about 1/2" of additional clearance with a moderately stiff shock setting should alleviate that. I went through that a little bit in the beginning too. I have the groundcontrol (koni and eibach) with ride height adjusters. you should consider adjustables too
Old 2/1/16, 05:47 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
She's looking aggressive Gabe. The rubbing sucks but about 1/2" of additional clearance with a moderately stiff shock setting should alleviate that. I went through that a little bit in the beginning too. I have the groundcontrol (koni and eibach) with ride height adjusters. you should consider adjustables too
Thanks Darren, I actually have the adjustable Koni shocks back there, stiffening them up made the rubbing worse.
Just sent TJ @ Steeda a PM wondering if they can sell me just the adjustable spring perches that Burton is using at the back of his car and if they'd work with my Steeda Sport springs to lift the car just 1/4" over where it's sitting now
Old 2/1/16, 07:17 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Gabe
Thanks Darren, I actually have the adjustable Koni shocks back there, stiffening them up made the rubbing worse.
Just sent TJ @ Steeda a PM wondering if they can sell me just the adjustable spring perches that Burton is using at the back of his car and if they'd work with my Steeda Sport springs to lift the car just 1/4" over where it's sitting now
Gabe... I finally am sitting at a computer screen with a BIGGER screen than my phone. Hah! I took a look at your pics again, especially the side shot from your drive/parking. Your rear is WAY lower than mine. Whether that's from your springs (likely) or your shocks... mine definitely does not sit that low. Here's a couple pics of mine compared to yours.

Old 2/1/16, 08:38 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

right. maximum stiffness doesn't allow any inflection of the wheel on hard bumps. they just compress straight up, hence backing them off a full turn allows them to tuck in better.

the spring perches will fix it altogether hopefully. you will have a nice rake to your car, like Burton's and mine.
Old 2/1/16, 08:50 AM
I Have No Life

right. maximum stiffness doesn't allow any inflection of the wheel on hard bumps. they just compress straight up, hence backing them off a full turn allows them to tuck in better.

the spring perches will fix it altogether hopefully. you will have a nice rake to your car, like Burton's and mine.
Gabe, you just wanna change your car color to Kona too so it's a full clone? Ohhhhhhhhhhh kidding.

But yes, it's all about the rake! Love my Steeda adjustables...
Old 2/1/16, 09:38 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts

Exactly what I was trying to describe but you did it better lol

IIRC, the adjustable spring perches won't work with your current springs because they're a different diameter (wider). You'd need the coilover springs set too since their diameter matches the adjustable perch.
Old 2/1/16, 09:55 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Exactly what I was trying to describe but you did it better lol

IIRC, the adjustable spring perches won't work with your current springs because they're a different diameter (wider). You'd need the coilover springs set too since their diameter matches the adjustable perch.
Take into the account the thickness of the adjustable perch too. that in itself may had as much as half an inch.
Old 2/1/16, 01:28 PM
I Have No Life

Take into the account the thickness of the adjustable perch too. that in itself may had as much as half an inch.
Yep, bingo.

When I did mine, I remember I spent quite some time measuring, adjusting, remeasuring, adjusting, remeasuring, adjusting... repeat n number of times, until the gaps/height were juuuuuuuuuuuuuuust perfect on either side. Yes, I'm meticulous.

But yep, the perches go with the specific coilover springs.
Old 2/1/16, 03:43 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 25 Likes on 24 Posts
My CF wrap showed up in the mail today so I wrapped my jlt heat shield after work

. It should flow well with my CAI tube once I paint it SGM.
Old 2/1/16, 04:35 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks guys, I'm still waiting to hear back from TJ, I was very busy working on the house today so didn't get a chance to call them like I had wanted either ...
Car's sitting in the driveway, filthy.
Hope to call them tomorrow, see what they say.
Old 2/3/16, 08:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Gave up on TJ getting back to me.
Had some free time today and called Steeda.
The guy that answered was clueless, transferred me to a guy in their Tech dept, supposedly.
That guy barely knew a bit more, but did say that those adjustable spring perches are available separately for $179/set, and that they "should" work with the springs I already have, the Steeda Sport springs.

Didn't place the order yet, I was really hoping they'd cost less so we'll see.

Last edited by Gabe; 2/3/16 at 08:29 PM.
Old 2/4/16, 12:36 AM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Gabe it looks great. I agree with Darren about the milans in the sense that only cars of a certain color can pull them off. I dont think they would look good on my black car as they do on yours and Burtons. Also i see you went with a pretty tall side wall for the rears, i can also assume its cause your blown and want a little more grip?
Old 2/4/16, 04:29 AM
I Have No Life

Gave up on TJ getting back to me.
Had some free time today and called Steeda.
The guy that answered was clueless, transferred me to a guy in their Tech dept, supposedly.
That guy barely knew a bit more, but did say that those adjustable spring perches are available separately for $179/set, and that they "should" work with the springs I already have, the Steeda Sport springs.

Didn't place the order yet, I was really hoping they'd cost less so we'll see.
Gabe... That's disappointing that you didn't get the help you needed from steeda. You sure you didn't dial AM by accident? LOL. Seriously though, when I talked to steeda, they were very knowledgeable and we walked through spring rates, gaps, rebound, etc. I remember that vividly. It wasn't TJ, but I talked to a couple of folks there. We customized my setup to the perches AND the springs that come with it. I could get a special spring with a stiffer rate (not sure on height, can't remember) that normally doesn't come with those perches.

Lastly, DO NOT just buy the perches. Whoever you talked to is mistaken in saying that your existing springs will work on those perches!!! They are a much smaller diameter and thus your existing springs won't sit right/flush with those perches! You need to get the specific springs that go with their specific perches.

Last edited by FromZto5; 2/4/16 at 06:27 AM.
Old 2/4/16, 04:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Gabe... That's disappointing that you didn't get the help you needed from steeda. You sure you didn't dial AM by accident? LOL. Seriously though, when I talked to steeda, they were very knowledgeable and we walked through spring rates, gaps, rebound, etc. I remember that vividly. It wasn't TJ, but I talked to a couple of folks there. We customized my setup to the perches AND the springs that come with it. I could get a special spring with a stiffer rate (not sure on height, can't remember) that normally doesn't come with those perches.

Lastly, DO NOT just buy the perches. Whoever you talked to is mistaken in saying that your existing springs will work on those perches!!! They are a much smaller diameter and this your existing springs won't sit right/flush with those perches! You need to get the specific springs that go with their specific perches.
I definitely didn't call AM by mistake, I probably would've contacted Alex on here if I was looking for AM, he's been excellent to deal with.
Unlike Steeda.
And if I'm gonna spend $180 on adjustable perches PLUS new springs, I think I may just get a different set of springs and call it a day.
I was honestly shocked that TWO people I spoke with at Steeda were as freakin' clueless as they were.
Between that and TJ ignoring me (apparently), it's making me want to get rid of everything Steeda on my car

Quick Reply: What did you do to your '10-'14 today?