Old 5/11/10, 01:14 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Adam2004
Now we just need to convince him to buy a Camaro... lol
Old 5/11/10, 01:17 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You should have added a poll. This way you could have had an idea what car prevailed instead of going back and counting posts. But i have a feeling the GT has prevailed.
Old 5/11/10, 01:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
You should have added a poll. This way you could have had an idea what car prevailed instead of going back and counting posts. But i have a feeling the GT has prevailed.
WOW Candy - that was the nicest thing I think you have ever posted - LOL

I guess the mods slammed you too like they did me...
Old 5/11/10, 01:19 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
Why not? 500 under is 500 under. The dealer I am probably going to be buying from now quoted me 600 under (well, 300 after doc fees) for my V6 and is doing to the same for the V8. Greedy GMs!

And yeah, he is probably glad to be rid of me. But you know what? If I'm giving someone 25,000 to 35,000 dollars of my money, I have the right to bug them. Especially since every time I've added MORE stuff which means MORE money for the dealer!!
Well, in principle, yes. But in reality, maybe not so much. Yeah, you're spending $30k on a car but the sales guy is going to get ... what? ... $100? And the dealership? Maybe $1500-$2000? FoMoCo is where the cash is ending up. If I were your salesman I think I'd be sitting there saying, "$100 ain't worth it." Followed by, "How can I take someone seriously who changes his mind repeatedly on a $30k purchase?"
Old 5/11/10, 01:21 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Well, in principle, yes. But in reality, maybe not so much. Yeah, you're spending $30k on a car but the sales guy is going to get ... what? ... $100? And the dealership? Maybe $1500-$2000? FoMoCo is where the cash is ending up. If I were your salesman I think I'd be sitting there saying, "$100 ain't worth it." Followed by, "How can I take someone seriously who changes his mind repeatedly on a $30k purchase?"
If you were in there buying a $65k F-450 that has about $20k mark-up then I could see the guy putting up with a bunch of BS. For a few hundred...not quite

Last edited by AusTXMCA; 5/11/10 at 01:22 PM.
Old 5/11/10, 01:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Followed by, "How can I take someone seriously who changes his mind repeatedly on a $30k purchase?"
If they knew about the shirtless Apolo Ohno avatar they would have canceled the transaction from the very beginning.
Old 5/11/10, 01:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well I am going this evening to test drive both cars. Will keep you all updated.
Old 5/11/10, 01:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by AusTXMCA
WOW Candy - that was the nicest thing I think you have ever posted - LOL

I guess the mods slammed you too like they did me...
I have seen the light my friend. As the God BOOMER of TMS came to me in a dream and said be nice my son or you shall go to TMS Hell.
Old 5/11/10, 01:23 PM
Cobra R Member

Well I am going this evening to test drive both cars. Will keep you all updated.
LMAO... so what you're saying is... you're still undecided.
Old 5/11/10, 01:24 PM
Cobra R Member

I have seen the light my friend. As the God BOOMER of TMS came to me in a dream and said be nice my son or you shall go to TMS Hell.
Yes, please stop being a sillyninny (thanks, Pete.)
Bullitt Member

GREAT idea
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by AusTXMCA
If you were in there buying a $65k F-450 that has about $20k mark-up then I could see the guy putting up with a bunch of BS. For a few hundred...not quite
BS. It's a salesmans job! And I know. You provide great service to every customer. Some are difficult, some are smooth, it all averages out in the end. But if you worry about the time or nickel per customer, you'll never have a successful career. I can smell a d.head salesman that doesn't give a crap about my interests a mile away.

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/11/10 at 01:27 PM.
Old 5/11/10, 01:26 PM
Bullitt Member

that was awesome - LMAO
Old 5/11/10, 01:30 PM
Bullitt Member

When you post back your impressions (which you will ) please remind us of what you have driven up till this point so we can also get a frame of refrence.
Old 5/11/10, 01:31 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
BS. It's a salesmans job! And I know. You provide great service to every customer. Some are difficult, some are smooth, it all averages out in the end. But if you worry about the time or nickel per customer, you'll never have a successful career.
Ever do a cost/benefit analysis? Risk/reward?

I could say your job is to sell me a car and make you utterly miserable in the process. And in return you can smile and still give me crappy service (no VIN, build date, etc.)

I once had a salesman who simply said to me, "Drive it. It will sell itself. My job is to help you with the paperwork." And he was SO right. I bought that day with a little negotiation that made us both happy. Not coincidentally, he was salesman of the month, quarter, and year.

On the other hand, I had a salesman offer me $9000 for a car I paid $17k ($22k sticker) just under 2 years prior. It was a Ford. I was buying a Ford. I asked him to explain why I should possibly even consider buying a piece of Ford crap if they're going to depreciate like that? He had no answer. I left. I sold my car myself for $3700 more than they offered and bought a Cadillac. He didn't even try.
Old 5/11/10, 01:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

At this rate, you can save the decision for 2014.
Old 5/11/10, 01:45 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ever do a cost/benefit analysis? Risk/reward?
Nope. My jack *** sales mgr. did that college boy crap. My job was serving customers and fighting corporate (and him) to quit changing my customers price codes behind my back. That was more frustrating than fighting competition.

Sales & service happens on the street in the real world - not in a conference room with a bunch of laptops. And corporate never understands the competition because they're too busy drinking coffee in the office.

Yeah I'd grumble to myself about the difficult customers, but once you built a relationship - and took care of them regardless - they often became the best customers.

And in my rural area I took salesman of the year 3 times - because of volume - even against the city sales areas that had the population and didn't have to spend hours driving. That RM just about choked the last time the numbers showed I won the award again. I just kept telling corporate to get out of my way and watch my numbers. You either have the knack or you don't. This dog can hunt.

Putting customers first is not a lame slogan. It works if you work it. Happy customers = repeat biz and referrals.

PS: Do you think jokerstars will ever buy from that stealership again?

Last edited by cdynaco; 5/11/10 at 01:48 PM.
Old 5/11/10, 01:51 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco

PS: Do you think jokerstars will ever buy from that stealership again?
Nope. And I won't be buying from mine ever again either. If my car wasn't coming this weekend, I'd be buying from Paul (karpro).

My dealership is a convenient place to have warranty work done and test drive new vehicles. And that's about it.
Old 5/11/10, 01:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

My thought is, you don't want to look back and say 'gee I could have had a V-8". And with new laws on milage coming, V8's might be a thing of the past. Get it while you can.
Old 5/11/10, 01:57 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Hey. At least this thread is keeping us busy with something to do till the cars arrive.

Quick Reply: Talk me out of changing my order again to get a GT