Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by AusTXMCA
not sure I know too many secretaries that drive around in a 13.7 1/4 mile cars
Only the ones that are my type.
Old 5/11/10, 10:27 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Rjaniz
If you have so much uncertainty, you REALLY should just kill your order now and get some test drives in. Worst case, you have to reorder with the features you want(which might take a few months). Best case: the car you test drive you'll take off the lot.

Right now the only thing you seem to be sure about is the fact that you want a Mustang. That's great, but this is a LOT of money here... you really want to work off blind faith before testing out which one is truly right for you? Based on this thread, I'd have to say "no".

I still say if you have questions now, and you pull the trigger here, you're always going to have questions of "what could've been". And that can/will turn into regret. Regardless of which model you go with. "Would I have been happier with a V6? Would I have loved the GT that much more?"
I agree 100%. A brand new car is a lot of money. If you just aren't sure, wait until you can test drive each one. The delay of a couple months is better than spending several years feeling like you bought the wrong car.
Old 5/11/10, 10:27 AM
Cobra Member

This V8 vs V6 crap is getting played out. Give me fkn break - get what you want because YOU want it - not becuase you feel like you won't have a set of ***** if you get a V6 or because a bunch of insecure men will rag on you - geez
I agree!

I have owned both V-6 and V-8 Mustangs and had fun in them all! I had an '05 V-6 and currently own a '06 V-8... The only reason I have the V-8 now is that I came across an awesome deal that I couldn't refuse...

My '05 V-6 was fun! I had a CAI and a tune and it really woke it up... Was it as powerful as the GT, no... But it was still fun to drive...

But at the end of the day, you definitely need to get what will make you happy! If the V-6 will do that, then you'll be happy! If you want the GT for more power, then get it... At the end of the day though, it does sound like you need to actually test drive both *actual* '11's so you know for sure... That's the only way you're going to know if you are missing something with the GT or be perfectly happy with the V6... You may have to wait longer for that chance, but a few weeks to month extra wait would be worth knowing you made the right choice, IMO...
Old 5/11/10, 10:37 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
V8 vs. V6 has been going on since the beginning of the Mustang. When the testosterone starts flowing, this is what you get.

This has been hashed and rehashed here ad nauseam. It's just that this time its a 5.0 and a 3.7. That's it.

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 5/11/10 at 10:39 AM.
Old 5/11/10, 10:40 AM
Cobra Member

I think TMS is the best Mustang forum I've ever visited but the macho B.S. is really grating. Cars are for driving, not having sex with, so I don't get this notion that your car defines your sexuality. I'm a straight man (and a future GT owner) myself, but it makes me sick how some of you look down on those who aren't.
Old 5/11/10, 10:41 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
V8 vs. V6 has been going on since the beginning of the Mustang. When the testosterone starts flowing, this is what you get.

This has been hashed and rehashed here ad nauseam. It's just that this time its a 5.0 and a 3.7. That's it.
I agree with you 100% - just the same regurgitated vomit that we can't seem to finally flush or swallow - lol

Randy - right on brotha'

Last edited by AusTXMCA; 5/11/10 at 10:45 AM.
Old 5/11/10, 10:45 AM
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I agree with you 100% - just the same regurgitated vomit that we can't seem to finally flush or swallow - lol

FYI-------------

My first 2 stangs were BOTH V6's----(95,98)

I REGRETTED BOTH PURCHASES!!!

If your going to get a pony car----Why not get the V8!

Nothing better than hearing that rumble, even just cruising around town at 2K RPM's its music to the ears!
Old 5/11/10, 10:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by urlacher54
You cannot find a man (straight man) in this Country that enjoys driving the V6 Mustang more than the GT, period!
Originally Posted by silverbull271
Dont get the V6---------

Grow some testosterone and get the V8!!!!!!!!!!!!!

CANT BELIEVE YOUR EVEN CONTEMPLATING THIS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The v6 is now just a "quicker" Secratarys car!
I don't understand what straight or otherwise has to do with the decision to buy a V6 vs a GT. Everyone knows that the GT is going to be the faster car. That doesn't make the V6 a bad choice, or any less a Mustang. Nor does it make a man who chooses to get one any less masculine. It's a car, not a falace.

This V6 vs V8 stuff is a load of bull. I have a GT so mine is bigger than yours. What-friggen-ever. If we keep up like this we're no better than the folks on Camaro 5.
Old 5/11/10, 10:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by silverbull271
FYI-------------

My first 2 stangs were BOTH V6's----(95,98)

I REGRETTED BOTH PURCHASES!!!

If your going to get a pony car----Why not get the V8!

Nothing better than hearing that rumble, even just cruising around town at 2K RPM's its music to the ears!
Not saying I don't agree with you - the sound of the GT is amazing no doubt. I just don't think getting from stoplight to stoplight faster, the additional gas $$, insurance and TICKETS (they would happen without a doubt) justifies the extra $6k for me. I can afford it, but I would rather have a loaded V6 that still will be plenty fast and get great gas mileage to boot. I guess I'm just past the age of "go fast" - I want fun & practical. I'm only 32, but I guess I have an old mind - lol

Last edited by AusTXMCA; 5/11/10 at 10:49 AM.
Old 5/11/10, 10:48 AM
Banned

NOTHING LIKE AN 8 CYLINDER MUSTANG FOLKS!
Old 5/11/10, 10:50 AM
Banned

Not saying I don't agree with you - the sound of the GT is amazing no doubt. I just don't think getting from stoplight to stoplight faster, the additional gas $$, insurance and TICKETS (they would happen without a doubt) justifies the extra $6k for me. I can afford it, but I would rather have a loaded V6 that still will be plenty fast and get great gas mileage to boot. I guess I'm just past the age of go fast - I want fun & practical. I'm only 32, but I guess I have an old mind - lol

Oh come on-----dont use that as an excuse!

People with Hyundai Elantras get speeding tickets!

32 is old?

Im 29 and loving it!

GET-THE-V8!

ESPECIALLY THIS ONE!!!!!

PS: As for additional gas----my 08 GT/CS Vert is averging 19.8 MPG---never reset it from the day i bought it----

Last edited by silverbull271; 5/11/10 at 10:51 AM.
Old 5/11/10, 10:50 AM
Cobra Member

I don't understand what straight or otherwise has to do with the decision to buy a V6 vs a GT. Everyone knows that the GT is going to be the faster car. That doesn't make the V6 a bad choice, or any less a Mustang. Nor does it make a man who chooses to get one any less masculine. It's a car, not a falace.

This V6 vs V8 stuff is a load of bull. I have a GT so mine is bigger than yours. What-friggen-ever. If we keep up like this we're no better than the folks on Camaro 5.
I agree!

I am secure enough in my masculinity to drive pretty much anything... My other car I drive (on a daily basis) is a Mini Cooper... And it's a ton of fun!

So what I don't get is why stop at GT? The GT500 is better than the GT, so why not buy it instead of a GT? There is always going to be a bigger, faster, better car and unless you got money to burn, you're not going to own the 'best'...
Old 5/11/10, 10:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by This V6 vs V8 stuff is a load of bull. [i
I have a GT so mine is bigger than yours[/i]. What-friggen-ever. If we keep up like this we're no better than the folks on Camaro 5.[/
EXACTLY!

Last edited by AusTXMCA; 5/11/10 at 10:53 AM.
Old 5/11/10, 10:52 AM
Mach 1 Member

I've never regretted any of my V6s. This is for two reasons.

1. I drive 50 miles every day and that "rumble" that everyone loves would get extremely old after a while.

2. Between the fuel costs for my 50 miles per day and the extra $600 in insurance costs per year, I'd be a fool to buy the V8.

That being said, if this were a weekend car only, I'd be a fool not to get the V8.
Old 5/11/10, 10:56 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by Iceknyght
I agree!

I am secure enough in my masculinity to drive pretty much anything... My other car I drive (on a daily basis) is a Mini Cooper... And it's a ton of fun!

So what I don't get is why stop at GT? The GT500 is better than the GT, so why not buy it instead of a GT? There is always going to be a bigger, faster, better car and unless you got money to burn, you're not going to own the 'best'...

Now your talking!

If anybody knows me around here knows that i have been tearing myself apart from 3 choices

1. 2011 GT/CS Vert (White-fully loaded)
2. 2011 GT 500 Coupe (Black with silver stripes)
3. 2010 C6 Corvette Vert 3LT with Duel exaust (Black)
Old 5/11/10, 11:03 AM
Cobra Member

GT!
All my Stangs have been GT's. Although the new V6 is very nice, I would still go with the GT.
Now, I would consider the V6 if my wife wanted a vert or if Ford brings out a Special Edition TTV6.
Old 5/11/10, 11:07 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
I went with a V6 because I couldn't afford a GT.(for my first mustang back in 2001)

Even IF they are/were the exact same weight/speed etc... ...
I don't care how anyone spins it, it cannot be explained.

I liked driving my V6, infact I loved that car, but the V8 ....ohh baby....a V8 experience is onto its own
Once you get bitten, you'll never think about a V6 again.

Same thing with a screw supercharger... the sound/feeling/experience.... its from another planet.

Last edited by Boomer; 5/11/10 at 11:09 AM.
Old 5/11/10, 11:13 AM
GT Member

V6 vs. GT? GET THE GT!!!

I think I can weigh in here, as someone who debated this same issue back in 2007, bought a V6 and regretted it almost 2 weeks later!

Despite what a V6 owner may tell you, there's a lot more going on with the GT than just a more powerful engine. It has a better drivetrain, the handling is much better, the ride quality is a lot smoother and less rough, and there are a lot of little things that are too numerous to mention. In short, it's simply a better car.

It shouldn't be like that, of course, but the issue is the price difference between the two models. Compare the price between the two. For the thousands of dollars more that you pay for the GT, you're getting a lot more than simply a more powerful engine. Until Ford creates performance options for the V6, this difference will remain.

Another thing to consider is upgradeability. There are infinitely more parts out there to customize or upgrade the performance of a GT versus a V6. Even if you're not planning right now on creating some souped-up horsepower monster, it's nice to know that if you change your mind, the sky's the limit.

I think you also need to consider the resale value. V6's are a "dime-a-dozen" in the used car resale market. GT's on the other hand tend to hold their value, because they are real sportscars, not "sporty looking" cars. At the same time, if you buy a GT, and regret it, you'll easily be able to trade it in for a V6 and not lose much money. The reverse is close to impossible.

Lastly, regret after buying a car is not a good thing and it will eat at you as long as you own the car. Trust me, I would much rather pay a high car payment for a vehicle I really love, than pay a lot less for something that always reminds me of "what should have been".

And I did trade up for a GT 18 months later. That was almost 2 years ago and I have no regrets.
Old 5/11/10, 11:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Called my dealer to change my order to a 2011 V8. I told him I wanted the same 410 under invoice. Said he'd have to talk to his sales manager. Waiting for a call back. If they can't do the 410 under for the GT (which doesn't make sense if they could do it for the V6), I may cancel my order and get it elsewhere.
Old 5/11/10, 11:16 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by JCC07
I think I can weigh in here, as someone who debated this same issue back in 2007, bought a V6 and regretted it almost 2 weeks later!

Despite what a V6 owner may tell you, there's a lot more going on with the GT than just a more powerful engine. It has a better drivetrain, the handling is much better, the ride quality is a lot smoother and less rough, and there are a lot of little things that are too numerous to mention. In short, it's simply a better car.

It shouldn't be like that, of course, but the issue is the price difference between the two models. Compare the price between the two. For the thousands of dollars more that you pay for the GT, you're getting a lot more than simply a more powerful engine. Until Ford creates performance options for the V6, this difference will remain.

Another thing to consider is upgradeability. There are infinitely more parts out there to customize or upgrade the performance of a GT versus a V6. Even if you're not planning right now on creating some souped-up horsepower monster, it's nice to know that if you change your mind, the sky's the limit.

I think you also need to consider the resale value. V6's are a "dime-a-dozen" in the used car resale market. GT's on the other hand tend to hold their value, because they are real sportscars, not "sporty looking" cars. At the same time, if you buy a GT, and regret it, you'll easily be able to trade it in for a V6 and not lose much money. The reverse is close to impossible.

Lastly, regret after buying a car is not a good thing and it will eat at you as long as you own the car. Trust me, I would much rather pay a high car payment for a vehicle I really love, than pay a lot less for something that always reminds me of "what should have been".

And I did trade up for a GT 18 months later. That was almost 2 years ago and I have no regrets.

uh-uh-uh--------

I have to disagree with you-----

The mustang GT is NOT a "sports" car nor does it hold its value! Just ask Mr.Galves!

Now a Corvette----THATS A SPORTS CAR

Quick Reply: Talk me out of changing my order again to get a GT