2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Sync 4.4 Update.

Search this Thread

Old 3/25/15, 03:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
So after a master reset and reattempt at updating it went right in no problems.
Old 3/25/15, 04:12 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dineau
Hi Kim, can you confirm if the 4.4 version was supposed to enable receive and send text messaging with iPhones with iOs 8 ?

The release notes for this version did mentioned about fixing Some Bluetooth issues with iOS.
hey claude have you tried this? i saw it on owner.ford.com and thought it might help with itunes music bluetooth streaming
Attached Images  
Old 3/25/15, 05:28 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by gjcavana
The same results here except mine will at least go to FM. I was hoping this would be fixed. It's not all that big of a deal but it can sometimes be an pain in the A**.
Too true. I had a routine where I turned the key to the first stop as I reached back for my seat belt. By the time I had the belt buckled the system recognized the presence of the USB thumb and all was well - except when I forgot and turned the key all the way. Not a big deal, just annoying. Then to hear that it was fixed with this release and find it wasn't really was quite disappointing.
Old 3/25/15, 06:20 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Dineau
Hi Kim, can you confirm if the 4.4 version was supposed to enable receive and send text messaging with iPhones with iOs 8 ?

The release notes for this version did mentioned about fixing Some Bluetooth issues with iOS.
Hi Dineau,

With V4.4 installed, you should be able to receive incoming text messages while your iPhone is connected to SYNC. The iPhone is not capable of sending replies through SYNC currently. Keep an eye out for future updates for the iPhone along with SYNC.

Originally Posted by dmhines
KIM ... I Sent you me VIN to determine why 4.2.1.4 is showing up as the latest and greatest.
Originally Posted by Mr. V
Me too. Let's cross our fingers.
Originally Posted by Dawgsfan
Kim sent you a PM as well, mine says I'm up to date with ver. 3.1.
Thank you! I appreciate it.

Originally Posted by msqr
Same here. I had the dealer installed 3.1.4 up from 3.1 and it's the latest according to SyncMyRide
I didn’t see a PM from you. When you get a moment, please send over your VIN so I can verify if V4.4 is available.

Originally Posted by HizliBullet
Hey Kim!

Why is it that (after the update) if I get a text and go to my car and let it "auto download" and give the notification, suddenly my usb mp3 stops working?

if i get a text while im driving it doesnt interfere with it..
Do you have the basic SYNC system or is the vehicle equipped with navigation? Which devices are being connected?

Kim
Old 3/25/15, 06:22 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
wait...does the engine actually have to be running, or just key on, engine off? Why would the engine have to be running for this update??
I think they say to have the engine running is only to make sure the be battery won't die on you if the update takes too long. In my case I use the battery charger while I was doing the update.
Old 3/25/15, 07:04 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yikes. But it worked. Swimming around & finding Applications was the frustrating bit.

No Nav. /RZ
Old 3/26/15, 12:46 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam

Do you have the basic SYNC system or is the vehicle equipped with navigation? Which devices are being connected?

Kim
I have SYNC with voice-activated navigation, and its only my Xperia Z3 thats connected..after turning off few features now my phone doesnt support texting anymore
Old 3/26/15, 05:46 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Kim,

Thanks for clarifying that we can't reply via SYNC on an iPhone....only receive.
Old 3/26/15, 06:59 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by tukatz
Too true. I had a routine where I turned the key to the first stop as I reached back for my seat belt. By the time I had the belt buckled the system recognized the presence of the USB thumb and all was well - except when I forgot and turned the key all the way. Not a big deal, just annoying. Then to hear that it was fixed with this release and find it wasn't really was quite disappointing.
And here I thought I messed up the installation.

Yeah it still doesn't "remember" where I left it. Though mine always reverted to FM no matter what.
Old 3/26/15, 10:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Anyone know what the deal is with getting this on a 2011? I go to the site and it says I am up to date with version 3.1. I called the Ford hotline and I was told the update is for 2010-2014 model years, but they have no explanation why it is not available to download.
Old 3/26/15, 11:23 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by 88lx50
Anyone know what the deal is with getting this on a 2011? I go to the site and it says I am up to date with version 3.1. I called the Ford hotline and I was told the update is for 2010-2014 model years, but they have no explanation why it is not available to download.
here find your vin (its 17 digits on the driver side door jam, or under windshield on driver side) and sign up for free syncmyride account from owner.ford.com, it will appear there.
Old 3/26/15, 11:40 AM
Mach 1 Member

One thing to check.. When I checked for my update last weekend, I went to the home page where you see a summary of your profile and in the notification section it said "No update available"
Name:  0e14e35b-ee4c-42a4-9707-f25a036a23fc_zps5u64dah4.jpg
Views: 203
Size:  78.9 KB

Then I went into my car profile, then in "Sync & How-tos" menu and under that menu at the right you have USEFUL LINKS -- Check for software updates
Name:  Capture_zps8sv3s2o7.jpg
Views: 176
Size:  24.7 KB

In in this section I saw the available update, that's also where you will see you update history.

Of course that it is after my update.. but check yours to see..
Name:  Capture_zps6wkwn3g0.jpg
Views: 285
Size:  28.9 KB

Last edited by Dineau; 3/26/15 at 12:06 PM.
Old 3/26/15, 11:52 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by 88lx50
Send a PM to Kim (the Ford technology rep on here - FordIVTteam) and she can check for you - she's checking for me currently and had to escalate it for some reason but hoping it results in an update for me!
Old 3/26/15, 12:03 PM

I also sent a PM for the IVT team to check for me. Same issue on a 2011 with the December 20, 2010 update.
Old 3/26/15, 12:34 PM
Cobra Member

just ordered clarion nav map update discs, im thinking of also doing a master reset then re-doing the update with nav map update
Old 3/26/15, 12:51 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
My Ford shows no update for my 2010 GT500. Kim is looking into it.
Old 3/26/15, 01:32 PM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Cdvision
My Ford shows no update for my 2010 GT500. Kim is looking into it.
nav or no nav?
Old 3/26/15, 01:43 PM
GT Member

Been a while since I posted here, but came back to report on the Sync update. So I log into Ford's site, grab the latest firmware, have Ford send me the instructions via email so I have them on my smartphone.

Holy hell, the instructions were nothing like the path actually needed to get to the install application option in my non-nav '14. I mean, I authenticated on Ford's website, and it pulled up my VIN and everything, but couldn't get me vehicle/version-specific instructions?

So the install took me about 10 minutes. I even got a voice prompt after the Installation Complete message saying the update is finished. So living by the adage of "trust but verify", nowhere in the menu can I actually confirm that the version installed corresponds to the Sync firmware. But it did write the XML file to the USB drive, and I uploaded it back to Ford's website.

I rarely text, so my main motivation to doing the update was to not have to temporarily go into accessory. But it still defaults to FM radio even though I only listen to music on the USB drive.

I'm the IT director at my company; if one of my direct reports put out this half-assed process company-wide, I'd either re-train or consider termination.

tl;dr: instructions are horrible, didn't even do what it said it would.

Last edited by K.A.I.N; 3/26/15 at 01:53 PM.
Old 3/26/15, 01:58 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by K.A.I.N
Been a while since I posted here, but came back to report on the Sync update. So I log into Ford's site, grab the latest firmware, have Ford send me the instructions via email so I have them on my smartphone.

Holy hell, the instructions were nothing like the path actually needed to get to the install application option in my non-nav '14. I mean, I authenticated on Ford's website, and it pulled up my VIN and everything, but couldn't get me vehicle/version-specific instructions?

So the install took me about 10 minutes. I even got a voice prompt after the Installation Complete message saying the update is finished. So living by the adage of "trust but verify", nowhere in the menu can I actually confirm that the version installed corresponds to the Sync firmware. But it did write the XML file to the USB drive, and I uploaded it back to Ford's website.

I rarely text, so my main motivation to doing the update was to not have to temporarily go into accessory. But it still defaults to FM radio even though I only listen to music on the USB drive.

I'm the IT director at my company; if one of my direct reports put out this half-assed process company-wide, I'd either re-train or consider termination.

tl;dr: instructions are horrible, didn't even do what it said it would.

And I think this update was 4 months over due as well.
Old 3/26/15, 02:04 PM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
I have a 2011 v6 with nav. It says i have 'No Updates'. I have The 'latest' update that i did on March 3, 2012, Gen1-V3.1

Quick Reply: Sync 4.4 Update.