Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Sync 4.4 Update.

Search this Thread

Old 3/30/15, 06:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Kim and the IVT team for escalating this issue for the 2011 owners.
Old 3/30/15, 07:13 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey guys and gals,

I was just stopping by to let you know that V4.4 is now showing up as being available for many of the VINs that were reported to me. It looks like you beat me to it!

Please let me know if you're still not seeing it on your SYNC account at: Owner.Ford.com

Kim
Old 3/30/15, 07:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey guys and gals,

I was just stopping by to let you know that V4.4 is now showing up as being available for many of the VINs that were reported to me. It looks like you beat me to it!

Please let me know if you're still not seeing it on your SYNC account at: Owner.Ford.com

Kim
You guys and gals are awesome! The update went smooth on both our Mustangs!!
Thanks again Kim!

Track and artist info via blu-tooth audio playback on my 2010 GT500...I love it!!

Name:  20150330_173154_zps1uj6zljf.jpg
Views: 227
Size:  153.1 KB

Last edited by Cdvision; 3/30/15 at 07:30 PM.
Old 3/30/15, 08:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just updated mine. Bluetooth song title and artist name is nice. Seems to detect when USB audio source is connected better then before as well.
Old 3/30/15, 08:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Just updated mine. Install went smooth, but went for a drive not long after and check engine light comes on. I'm thinking it's just a coincidence but definitely weird. Gonna get checked out tomorrow
Old 3/30/15, 08:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Also could not run a vehicle health report. Phone would call, then car would say cannot send report at this time.
Old 3/30/15, 08:46 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Boo. I'm still 4.4 impaired. I want to be cool like you guys.
Old 3/30/15, 09:19 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by mrc728
Just updated mine. Install went smooth, but went for a drive not long after and check engine light comes on. I'm thinking it's just a coincidence but definitely weird. Gonna get checked out tomorrow
Also could not run a vehicle health report. Phone would call, then car would say cannot send report at this time.
Neither of those things has anything to do with the update.
Old 3/30/15, 11:54 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Mr. V
Boo. I'm still 4.4 impaired. I want to be cool like you guys.
Did you check inside the SYNC Check my updates option? It said all updates were avialable when I logged in, but when I checked for updates, it showed!!! Thanks Kim!!!
Old 3/31/15, 12:37 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by skramblr
FYI - this is what the sync website is currently saying about this update. I noticed more verbiage around applink (from what was originally posted).

What's included in this update?
DL3T-14D544-AE SYNC v4.4
Bluetooth© Connectivity Improvements:
• Enhanced Bluetooth phone connection stability
• Enabled track information to be displayed for Bluetooth-streamed media including metadata such as song title, artist name and album title
• More robust Message Access Profile (MAP) functionality to handle SMS reception and Text2Speach output
Media Connectivity Improvements:
• Improved media connectivity for USB-equipped Apple devices, as well as streamlined device initialization and authentication process
• Previous USB or Bluetooth media source playback now resumed after ignition cycle
AppLink Functionality Improvements:
• Better AppLink customer experience with more robust features and reliable functionality
2010-2013 Basic SYNC and SYNC with MyFord (without Voice-Activated Navigation)

The v4.4 software update will add AppLink, in addition to improved quality updates, for 2010-2013 model year customers without Voice-Activated Navigation (who do not already have AppLink).

2010-2014 SYNC with Voice-Activated Navigation
This software will provide improved quality updates only for 2010-2014 model year customers who have Voice-Activated Navigation.
I don't see AppLink on my 2011 either. Kim, can you please confirm this was a feature not included in the 4.4 update for 2011 Mustangs? I suppose what this means is that this isn't the infamous update that'll bring AppLink to 4.4M in market vehicles (announced last year)?
Old 3/31/15, 02:54 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
Originally Posted by msqr
Did you check inside the SYNC Check my updates option? It said all updates were avialable when I logged in, but when I checked for updates, it showed!!! Thanks Kim!!!
Yup. Nothing there yet.
Old 3/31/15, 09:01 AM

This happened to me also. I had to drive to better cell data coverage and it worked no problem.
Old 3/31/15, 09:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Hey guys and gals,

Kim
Hi Kim,

well, update was successful, but now the last selected source always falls to line in. With 3.1 in my car it always used the last used source.... which was great... wasn't this update supposed to fix that instead to introduce this to my vehicle now ?

LEXiiON
Old 3/31/15, 06:18 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by LEXiiON
Hi Kim,

well, update was successful, but now the last selected source always falls to line in. With 3.1 in my car it always used the last used source.... which was great... wasn't this update supposed to fix that instead to introduce this to my vehicle now ?

LEXiiON
I'm having the same problem. it always reverts to line-in. I've tried multiple master resets and reinstall attempts and still the same

annoying to say the least.

HELP
Old 3/31/15, 06:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey guys can anyone demonstrate applink with the new update? I'm in Canada I don't have that service :/
Old 3/31/15, 07:34 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Cdvision
You guys and gals are awesome! The update went smooth on both our Mustangs!!
Thanks again Kim!
Track and artist info via blu-tooth audio playback on my 2010 GT500...I love it!!
Originally Posted by 88lx50
Just updated mine. Bluetooth song title and artist name is nice. Seems to detect when USB audio source is connected better then before as well.
Yay! Thanks for keeping me in loop, Cdvision and 88lx50. I’m glad the update went smoothly.

Were you able to run a Vehicle Health Report prior to updating? If so, then we know the information on your SYNC account is already correct. Have you tried performing a master reset since V4.4 was installed? Let me know if you have the basic system or SYNC with navigation. I’ll provide a link to the instructions.

Originally Posted by msqr
I don't see AppLink on my 2011 either. Kim, can you please confirm this was a feature not included in the 4.4 update for 2011 Mustangs? I suppose what this means is that this isn't the infamous update that'll bring AppLink to 4.4M in market vehicles (announced last year)?
Hi msqr,

The update included different enhancements depending on the vehicle. AppLink is only included in this update for the basic SYNC systems. The update didn’t add AppLink to systems with navigation.

Yup. Nothing there yet.
I have responded to your PM, Mr. V. Thank you.

Originally Posted by LEXiiON
Hi Kim,

LEXiiON
Try performing a master reset by following these steps: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...ter-reset.html
Which type of phone are you connecting?

Originally Posted by solscooter
I'm having the same problem. it always reverts to line-in. I've tried multiple master resets and reinstall attempts and still the same

annoying to say the least.

HELP
Do you have basic SYNC or SYNC with navigation, solscooter? Also, which type of phone are you using with it?

Originally Posted by HizliBullet
Hey guys can anyone demonstrate applink with the new update? I'm in Canada I don't have that service :/
Hi HizliBullet,

You are correct; AppLink is not currently available in Canada even if V4.4 is installed.

Kim

Last edited by FordIVTteam; 3/31/15 at 07:39 PM.
Old 3/31/15, 07:37 PM
GT Member

Do you have basic SYNC or SYNC with navigation, solscooter? Also, which type of phone are you using with it?

Kim
thanks for responding Kim. SYNC with navigation and an iPhone 6+ running iOS 8.2. already tried restarting the phone with no luck
Old 3/31/15, 09:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
what would be awesome on top of this update would be album cover art for bluetooth streaming

Last edited by HizliBullet; 3/31/15 at 09:28 PM.
Old 4/1/15, 04:21 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
Yup. Nothing there yet.
I got mine . The updates are being released in 'batches' so Ford's web site won't crash. Just keep checking everyday or two
Old 4/1/15, 08:12 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
Does anyone remember how to make it so Sync doesn't say out loud "911 assist is set to off"? I thought it was turning Prompts off, but that didn't fix it.
any help here?

Quick Reply: Sync 4.4 Update.