Old 3/24/15, 07:01 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 28 Likes on 21 Posts
Ha yeah I can imagine.....
Old 3/24/15, 07:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by tom281
But on the way to work today my music lowered and I received a text message alert. Sure enough it was for a text I received. I didn't know what to do next so I read the text on my phone but at least something is working now lol.
That also worked on my previous sync version (4.2.1.4) and still work on the 4.4 version.

But still no luck to send or reply to text messages, I get an error message if I try to reply,
Old 3/24/15, 07:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by tom281
By the way previously I emailed back and forth with a member of the Ford sync team about text messages and they had me do a master reset of sync and re-pair the phone. Never mentioned anything about MAP profile.
Can you check if the Master reset cured the reply issue ?

If not, can you get feedback from your contact at Ford if we are missing something or if they have missed it again ?
Old 3/24/15, 07:36 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
The MAP profile was the missing step to get mine working.
Old 3/24/15, 07:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by SpectreH
The MAP profile was the missing step to get mine working.
Are you saying that by activating the MAP process you got it to send messages ?

What phone are you using ?
Old 3/24/15, 08:05 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
It would be nice if a member from the FORD IVT team would check into this thread and explain whey some cars are showing an update and some are not. I keep checking and syncmyride.com still says 4.2.1.4 is the most current update for my car.
Old 3/24/15, 08:14 AM
Cobra Member

Android seems to be more compatible with their system, starting with xperia z, z1 and now z3 they hook up faster to the car

To hear texts you touch "listen" and samantha starts talking it out loud haha
Old 3/24/15, 08:25 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by Dineau
Are you saying that by activating the MAP process you got it to send messages ?

What phone are you using ?

I'm going to try to reply to a message today at lunch. I'll let you know how it turns out. I will say that with the previous version, MAP gave me the ability to receive tests abut not replay. It always showed "Unknown" as the sender of the message. After the update, it shows who sent the message. Hopefully that means I can reply...I'll know in a while.
Old 3/24/15, 10:24 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Update: It appears that while I can receive messages, I cannot send them.
Old 3/24/15, 11:39 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by SpectreH
Update: It appears that while I can receive messages, I cannot send them.
What phone do you have?
Old 3/24/15, 11:58 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by HizliBullet
What phone do you have?

iPhone 5S with latest iOS 8.x on it.
Old 3/24/15, 12:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Let's take note of who has functinal text messages and what phone

Receive OK - Send NO
Dineau - iPhone 5s iOs 8.2
SpectreH - iPhone 5s iOs 8.x

Receive OK - Send OK
HizliBullet - xxxxx Android
Varilux - Samsung S4

Last edited by Dineau; 3/24/15 at 01:32 PM.
Old 3/24/15, 01:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I'm on a Samsung S4 (Android), and can both receive and send text messages with the 4.4 update (could not with 4.2.1.T).

In other news, having spent a day with the 4.4 update, its a case of "2 out of 3 ain't bad."
1. Texting works perfectly.
2. Most importantly, SYNC instantly recognizes Pandora on my phone and connects it seamlessly.
3. The system always defaults back to my iPod (and for some reason, it keeps re-indexing every time I start the car). No matter what I was listening to when I shut off the car (almost always Pandora), when I start back up it goes to iPod (and starts indexing the library).

Overall, I'm just happy to have my Pandora access back (I so hated yelling at Samantha every day... but if I heard her say one more time "SYNC cannot find any mobile applications running on your phone, I will try to find some" I was going to physically rip her circuit board out of the car ).
Old 3/24/15, 02:44 PM
Cobra Member

Receive OK - Send NO
Dineau - iPhone 5s iOs 8.2
SpectreH - iPhone 5s iOs 8.x

Receive OK - Send OK
HizliBullet - Xperia Z3 Android 4.4.4
Varilux - Samsung S4
Old 3/24/15, 05:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 144 Likes on 109 Posts
Thanks for posting. I installed it last night, and it installed quickly and flawlessly. The 'reboot' took about 10 minutes, but it finally finished, and everything is working! Hopefully better than before.
Old 3/24/15, 06:38 PM
Ford In-Vehicle Technology Rep

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Hey everyone!

I’m glad to see so many of the positive reactions to installing V4.4. I just thought I’d stop by and clarify some things for everybody.

V4.4 is designed for all Gen1 2010-2014 model year vehicles located in the United States and Canada. This includes Gen1 systems with navigation, but it does not include MyFord Touch owners.

If the update is available for your vehicle, it will appear on your account at: http://owner.ford.com/ If you aren’t seeing this version available for your VIN (and you think it should be), send me a PM with your VIN so I can check for you.

Hopefully your system is running smoothly after installing V4.4. In the event that it’s acting funny, check out these basic troubleshooting tips that will help get things back to normal.

If you have basic SYNC, follow this link: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...html?sync=sync

Here are the instructions if you have navigation (non-MyFord Touch): https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...tion&year=2012

If you have any other questions that I haven’t addressed, don’t be shy! Quote me or send us a PM so Rebecca and I don’t miss it.

Kim
Old 3/24/15, 07:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey everyone!

I’m glad to see so many of the positive reactions to installing V4.4. I just thought I’d stop by and clarify some things for everybody.

V4.4 is designed for all Gen1 2010-2014 model year vehicles located in the United States and Canada. This includes Gen1 systems with navigation, but it does not include MyFord Touch owners.

If the update is available for your vehicle, it will appear on your account at: http://owner.ford.com/ If you aren’t seeing this version available for your VIN (and you think it should be), send me a PM with your VIN so I can check for you.

Hopefully your system is running smoothly after installing V4.4. In the event that it’s acting funny, check out these basic troubleshooting tips that will help get things back to normal.

If you have basic SYNC, follow this link: http://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-t...html?sync=sync

Here are the instructions if you have navigation (non-MyFord Touch): https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync-...tion&year=2012

If you have any other questions that I haven’t addressed, don’t be shy! Quote me or send us a PM so Rebecca and I don’t miss it.

Kim
Hi Kim, can you confirm if the 4.4 version was supposed to enable receive and send text messaging with iPhones with iOs 8 ?
Old 3/24/15, 07:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam
Hey everyone!

Kim
Hi Kim, can you confirm if the 4.4 version was supposed to enable receive and send text messaging with iPhones with iOs 8 ?

The release notes for this version did mentioned about fixing Some Bluetooth issues with iOS.
Old 3/24/15, 07:23 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

KIM ... I Sent you me VIN to determine why 4.2.1.4 is showing up as the latest and greatest.
Old 3/24/15, 08:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kim sent you a PM as well, mine says I'm up to date with ver. 3.1.

Quick Reply: Sync 4.4 Update.