2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)

Search this Thread

Old 5/22/17, 09:16 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Looks awesome bro. That movie room screen is sweet! Kitchen is beautiful. And you have a basement bedroom?! we don't get cool stuff like that in Florida. So let me rub one thing in lol.
Attached Thumbnails Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)-photo976.jpg  

Last edited by typesredline; 5/22/17 at 09:22 PM.
Old 5/22/17, 09:18 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
Oh. Don't forget to take the "potential" out of the thread title.
Old 5/23/17, 05:30 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Beautiful home. Congrats again
Old 5/23/17, 07:47 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
So nice Burton!! Congrats again. What do your boys think of the new digs??
House looks amazing and I LOVE the kitchen!
I thought you had an Infiniti SUV as well?
Thanks a ton, Tony! It makes all the hardwork, worthwhile. The boys love the house, especially they're new rooms. Just to see their faces light up, and knowing that we can provide them with these things, we are truly blessed and grateful. The boys are not happy about my new "rules" though - no toy on the first floor (where there's hardwood floors). They ruined my old house to the tune of 11 years worth of toys scraping on the floor. Now the rules are toys only on CARPET!!! (basement or their bedrooms).

Wifey loves the kitchen too. That was her pic btw... and her cleaning up. It took her ALL DAY, literally, to unpack the kitchen and get things into the right spots. LOL. I did all the moving and hauling from the garage to the basement. Go figure. haha.

Yes, I still have Quincy, of course. The Infiniti SUV is parked behind Marilyn. You can see her peeking in one of the pics. That's how deep/big the garage is. I can fit ALL my $hit (packed stuff) and all 4 cars, plus more room to spare. Freakin' love it.

Originally Posted by typesredline
Looks awesome bro. That movie room screen is sweet! Kitchen is beautiful. And you have a basement bedroom?! we don't get cool stuff like that in Florida. So let me rub one thing in lol.
Thanks Types! Rub it in dude! LOL. Holy speeds, batman. I don't have that I am limited to Iowa Mediacom and their horrible horrible service. And yes, we have 2 bedrooms in basement. So, 5 bedroom, 3.5 baths. Plus unfinished area.

Originally Posted by typesredline
Oh. Don't forget to take the "potential" out of the thread title.
Good idea. MODS/MODERATORS - can you please remove the POTENTIAL out of the thread title? Thank you much.

Originally Posted by carfreak666
Beautiful home. Congrats again
THANKS MAN! I appreciate it bud. We are still getting settled in, but it's coming!!!
Old 5/26/17, 09:43 AM
I Have No Life

Slowly starting to get things situated. Just one minor pic (albeit a TON of work to get things moved from places and unpacked)... I picked up some nice shelving and I could arrange it side by side. Since I don't do woodwork, etc., perhaps this is good enough for that area? hmmmm I also have folks I can work with to build a nice workbench, but this might be cheaper for now.

Next up - need to hang all our bikes.

Old 5/29/17, 04:49 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Slowly starting to get things situated. Just one minor pic (albeit a TON of work to get things moved from places and unpacked)... I picked up some nice shelving and I could arrange it side by side. Since I don't do woodwork, etc., perhaps this is good enough for that area? hmmmm I also have folks I can work with to build a nice workbench, but this might be cheaper for now.

Next up - need to hang all our bikes.

Unless you do a ton of DIY work, those are great workbenches for occasional use.
Old 6/1/17, 09:29 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by kylerohde
Unless you do a ton of DIY work, those are great workbenches for occasional use.
I agree... I don't do woodwork at all. But I'll probably use the bench top for miscellaneous vehicle related activities.

=================================

Some updates after another week of unpacking and getting situated. It's feeling more and more like home now. The garage is getting closer to how I'd like it. Still far from perfect, but it's progress.

I got my Fast Rack rails up. This should tidy up the entire area. I got it up on 3 sections of the garage. I have options to put more up high or down low if need be.

Since I'm a Milwaukee tool guy, here's a pic of my new M18 compact blower (for drying vehicles primarily) hung on another section of the Fast Rack

First I got this blower - more cfm/volume, but slower velocity. I needed more velocity for drying.

Then on Tuesday, my wife let me get my very first and very own, tool bench/work bench. It's a Milwaukee (of course), 60" mobile station. Thing weighs over 400lbs, but I found a good spot for her amongst my stuff. I also got some things loaded and organized in it. Bottom drawer contains my buffers, bottom right contains my power tools. I am impressed with this thing. It can support up to 2200 lbs, and has all solid construction drawers on ball bearings... it's also soft close!!! lol

I also got my sound system hooked up. I used my old Sony ES and surround rear speakers as my main speakers. I have no need for them anymore since I got my new Marantz setup in the theater room. So I thought it'd be perfect for the garage!!!

Hmmmm can you guys think of anything else I need? LOL... I think it's just the lift now.

Last edited by FromZto5; 6/2/17 at 09:13 AM.
Old 6/2/17, 11:40 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 56 Likes on 46 Posts
Great choice on the Milwaukee workbench! I have the 60" full-on Milwaukee tool chest and I LOVE it.

The blower is powerful enough for drying for you? I may have to bite the bullet and get one of those. Don't have any M18 stuff yet so would have to buy the full-on kit. I'm all M12 as of now.
Old 6/2/17, 02:54 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
I love it Burton!!
Nice and neat.
Old 6/3/17, 04:42 AM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
I love it Burton!!
Nice and neat.
Old 6/20/17, 06:51 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by kylerohde
Great choice on the Milwaukee workbench! I have the 60" full-on Milwaukee tool chest and I LOVE it.

The blower is powerful enough for drying for you? I may have to bite the bullet and get one of those. Don't have any M18 stuff yet so would have to buy the full-on kit. I'm all M12 as of now.
I love it Burton!!
Nice and neat.
Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Thanks so much guys! Sorry it's been awhile since I posted. Between completely finishing the unpacking, putting up blinds in the basement, kids baseball tourneys (driving there for the weekend), and work work work, I haven't had time to do much, more so post much on the forum

I was able to slowly pick away at a few things the last couple of weeks, so here's some updates, albeit minor.

Put up some banners and decor - have a few more to put up, including some Eleanor stuff (I love the Eleanor look.... )

I made a short video of the whole garage - in and out - essentially a walk through. I think hindsight, I probably could've and should've made the garage much much bigger

And then here's just some outside views of the garage, including the rear. She's coming together fully, and the outside grass is looking much better.

I'm currently getting quotes/plans to put the heater in. Obviously it's hard to think about it now that we're in the middle of summer, but I am planning to get that installed around end of August or maybe early September. It's definitely going in this year... I'm not going through an Iowa winter without it.

Once I get my big Eleanor banners and other signs up, I'll post some updates.

Meanwhile, the family and I are really enjoying the organized space. For baseball for example, all we have to do is grab his things that are hung on the wall. Easy peasy - wagons, chairs, bags, etc... it's so nice to not have to shimmy to walk along the walls. lol. Space is NICE.

Last edited by FromZto5; 6/20/17 at 06:53 AM.
Old 6/20/17, 08:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 24 Posts
Great choice on the Weber charcoal grill. I have had mine for over 12 years. You can't beat charcoal. I cooked whole turkeys and full rack of ribs.
Old 6/20/17, 02:45 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Hey Burton!!
Beautiful, beautiful house bro! So nice,.....and that lawn!!! Congrats buddy. Well done.
Old 6/21/17, 06:40 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by dusman59
Great choice on the Weber charcoal grill. I have had mine for over 12 years. You can't beat charcoal. I cooked whole turkeys and full rack of ribs.
LOL... out of all that, you honed in on the Weber eh? Thanks though! Yes, I love my weber... in fact, I use it to make EVERYTHING. I pseudo smoked a couple of hens the last week.

Hey Burton!!
Beautiful, beautiful house bro! So nice,.....and that lawn!!! Congrats buddy. Well done.
Hey Tony!!! Yeah, I'm gonna be big on lawn this time around. Last house, I didn't do a good job of initial prep work after sodding, so it shrunk up around the edges and weeds came in. This time, with full irrigation, I plan to have it be a green, lush carpet. Thanks though buddy!

=====================

Alright, I'm torn... I put together a couple more posters, but can't decide if they're for my office or the garage. Hmmmm... I'm thinking Eleanor will be in the office, because I have a BIG (62x21) Eleanor that I'm making up that will go in the garage for sure. You guys agree?

Old 6/21/17, 11:08 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
It's really coming together nicely Burton. A suggestion: put up a nice garden shed -not some plastic Menards cheapy- and move all your yard stuff into it. I can't believe how much space that opened up my garage!

Can't help you with the poster decision...very much a personal choice. I prefer race oriented stuff verses show car.

John
Old 6/21/17, 03:17 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Put the Shelby GT500 in the office.
the other one in the garage.
Old 8/15/17, 09:57 AM
I Have No Life

I haven't updated this in a WHILE! I have some minor updates...

I was able to purchase, and get delivered my garage FRIDGE! Now I have room to store all my "beverages", just in time for kickoff in September hehe. I still have to do a lot of rearranging. The snow blower, mower, and pressure washer all have to get moved.

Next on my list are:

Garage heater (next month)
Ceiling Fan (Big A$$ Fan brand, of course)
Lift
TV's (x2)
Lighting
Air Compressor
220V outlets

Timing on the rest of the above is tbd... I know I want my heater before it gets cold so I can wash!
Attached Thumbnails Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)-img_2102.jpg   Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)-img_2103.jpg  

Last edited by FromZto5; 8/15/17 at 10:00 AM.
Old 8/15/17, 02:28 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Awesome stuff Burton!!!
Looks like you're enjoying your new home. Excellent.
Old 8/15/17, 03:11 PM
I Have No Life

Awesome stuff Burton!!!
Looks like you're enjoying your new home. Excellent.
Thanks Tony!!! I forgot to show you guys this, I had my garage doors painted to match our roof shake. That was part of the plan from the get go. It was painted a few weeks ago. It ties the whole house together nicely, we think.

EDIT: I just scheduled my garage heater install!!! It's set for 8/29!!!
Attached Thumbnails Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)-img_1901.jpg   Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)-img_2104.jpg   Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)-img_2105.jpg  

Last edited by FromZto5; 8/15/17 at 03:43 PM.
Old 8/16/17, 09:32 AM
I Have No Life

Did more rearranging last night... I just love having that much ROOM. Look at that pic showing the distance from the front of my beater car to the kitchen steps. That is already with the vehicles inside the garage with enough room to open and close SUV trunks. Goodness, it's refreshing. I can even put a bench for a seating area where that bumpout is in the middle. My son's are enjoying the fridge as they can reach in for H20 and Gatorade after playing hard outside.

I can't wait to get my heater installed in the next couple weeks. I am also hosting my first Dude's card/game night INSIDE my Garaj Mahal I'll be smoking meats all day and we'll have food and drinks ready to go.
Attached Thumbnails Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)-img_2106.jpg   Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)-img_2107.jpg   Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)-img_2109.jpg   Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)-img_2112.jpg   Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)-img_2113.jpg  

Quick Reply: Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)