2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)

Old 10/6/17, 01:58 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by SpectreH
I’d go bigger but want to make sure I don’t violate any covenants. Plus, if I go bigger the wife might take it from my pool budget.
Gotta make sure the pool is taken care of!!!

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Looks awesome. I guess now they have a gray version. Mine is bright bendpak blue. Gray would have been nice.

How much space is there between the posts and the wall? I can really tell in the video but it looks close.
Yes, they changed their color scheme recently they said. They did say they could do a custom color for a few hundred bucks more. I thought the gunmetal gray fit perfectly for my Garaj, so I let it be.

Space between the posts and the wall is about 1-1/2'. Once I get casters, I can move it to any space also fore and aft.

Originally Posted by SpectreH
How deep is the concrete for your four post lift?
It's at least 4" thick... I think it might be 5". I recall having the discussion with the concrete guys during the planning/build process. I think I may have went with 5" just in case I went with a 2 post lift. I also can't remember if it was 4000 or 5000 psi. Hmmmmm...

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Very nice Burton!

Just totally love it!

Those had to be some pretty scary moments driving Marilyn on the lift. There were a couple of spots that looked very tight. But then the scariest had to be the actual running the lift and putting her up the first time. I am sure it was very exciting, but I was apprehensive just watching. That maiden voyage would have been nerve racking. I could just picture the possibility of a disaster. Glad it all went perfect. That is just a very cool addition. Something that I would love to have. I am envious. Congrats on the new addition and that is one awesome garage.

Shane, thanks for the kind words buddy. Yes, it's been a long time coming. I am lucky to be able to be in the Garaj and house of my dreams. A lot of planning and saving and blessings went into it. Am very happy. Always room for improvement... I should have made it bigger! But yes, I find myself in the Garaj more and more. lol.
Old 10/26/17, 06:45 PM
I Have No Life

Just purchased the jack platform and bottle jacks for the lift! Timely, because I just filled her up and put Stabil in her. Storing her for the season. 40s tomorrow and in the foreseeable future. Been a fun season folks... sad time of year. Will post once I get the platform and everything else installed.
Old 10/27/17, 03:15 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,676 Likes on 1,198 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Just purchased the jack platform and bottle jacks for the lift! Timely, because I just filled her up and put Stabil in her. Storing her for the season. 40s tomorrow and in the foreseeable future. Been a fun season folks... sad time of year. Will post once I get the platform and everything else installed.
It's a sad, sad day bro!!!
I'm not putting mine away just yet. Hope to get in a few more cruises. "Hope". lol
Old 10/30/17, 02:03 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Yes very sad time indeed. I am right there with you. For mine everything is done but the final wash and wax. So, the Roush is basically put away too. Just need a good day to wash her up and detail her, then call it good. Time to put those beauties under wraps and look at them under a cover for the next 4 to 5 months. Toughest part of the year.

Hoping for a short mild winter. Love to break the car out in early March. Last year it was nearly May.
Old 10/30/17, 02:52 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Yes very sad time indeed. I am right there with you. For mine everything is done but the final wash and wax. So, the Roush is basically put away too. Just need a good day to wash her up and detail her, then call it good. Time to put those beauties under wraps and look at them under a cover for the next 4 to 5 months. Toughest part of the year.

Hoping for a short mild winter. Love to break the car out in early March. Last year it was nearly May.
Yeah,....I really loathe this time of year. Absolutely hate it.
Like you said, I hope it's a quick and mild winter this year. I think it may be for some of us. I always check The Weather Channel and they said it will be warm for parts of the northeast.
Old 11/1/17, 11:37 AM
I Have No Life

Sad day indeed. Marilyn is up on the lift already. The jack bridge platform is in place, and I did get my oil drain ready

Additionally - I'll be using Quincy a lot more now, since she'll be living underneath Marilyn. So I got her all cleaned up and ready.

Lastly, I'm really enjoying the well-insulated and heated Garaj. It was 52 degrees in there, so I turned the heat on, and 5 minutes later, it was 61 degrees. I can wash and wax and detail anytime
Attached Thumbnails Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)-img_2377.jpg   Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)-img_2376.jpg   Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)-img_2380.jpg  
Old 11/1/17, 02:46 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

That's awesome Burton! Great stuff man.
Color me jelly. lol Enjoy it.
Old 11/1/17, 06:00 PM
THE RED FLASH ------Moderator

Received 1,954 Likes on 1,583 Posts
Hey there Burton, I'm not quite ready to put Torchey away just yet lol.. We're supposed to get up to around 65 tomorrow and no rain here in the Burgh..

Anyhow I'll more than likely hold off for at least another week before finally putting Torchey away for the upcoming season of old man winter
Old 11/1/17, 09:49 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Finally got on a laptop and got around to updating your thread title
Old 11/2/17, 03:55 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
Everything is Beautiful, Burton
Old 11/2/17, 08:23 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
That's awesome Burton! Great stuff man.
Color me jelly. lol Enjoy it.
Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
Hey there Burton, I'm not quite ready to put Torchey away just yet lol.. We're supposed to get up to around 65 tomorrow and no rain here in the Burgh..

Anyhow I'll more than likely hold off for at least another week before finally putting Torchey away for the upcoming season of old man winter
hey guys! Thanks so much. Yeah old man winter is here in Iowa for sure. Marilyn is DONE. It's gonna be a bad winter too I fear.

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
Finally got on a laptop and got around to updating your thread title
Thanks man! It's a yearlong thread. The whole process is great to look back on.

Originally Posted by David Young
Everything is Beautiful, Burton
Thanks David!!!
Old 11/2/17, 03:11 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by FromZto5
hey guys! Thanks so much. Yeah old man winter is here in Iowa for sure. Marilyn is DONE. It's gonna be a bad winter too I fear.
I think it depends on where you live. I believe they are saying that the Northeast may be warmer than normal.
Old 11/6/17, 08:03 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
I think it depends on where you live. I believe they are saying that the Northeast may be warmer than normal.
Except where you live Tony!
Old 11/6/17, 08:41 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
I think that is just wishful thinking. Big bad father winter is coming your way...

No I hope they are right. I would love an above normal temps this winter. Last year was very extreme, low temps and tons of snow. I will take more moisture as long as it is above normal temps. It would be mostly rain but if snow it melts during the daylight hours...

http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...tive/index.php
Old 11/6/17, 09:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts
Pretty sure the Farmer's Almanac calls for this winter to be a tough one.
We'll see ...
Old 11/7/17, 04:39 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Gabe
We'll see ...
yepper. That’s what I’m thinking too. The cold here in the Midwest just came out of the blue. I was literally driving Marilyn the day before upper 40s hit. Boom. Consistently in the 40s. I was done for.
Old 11/7/17, 02:02 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Except where you live Tony!
HA HAAAAAAAAA
Noooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! lol

I think that is just wishful thinking. Big bad father winter is coming your way...
No I hope they are right. I would love an above normal temps this winter. Last year was very extreme, low temps and tons of snow. I will take more moisture as long as it is above normal temps. It would be mostly rain but if snow it melts during the daylight hours...
http://www.cpc.ncep.noaa.gov/product...tive/index.php
Originally Posted by Gabe
We'll see ...
I go by The Weather Channel and they are usually pretty good with this stuff. Hopeully they are most correct.
But, it's weather and anything can happen!
Old 5/5/18, 06:46 AM
I Have No Life

Been a long while since I updated this thread. Really enjoying the Garaj Mahal - almost a year now here in our new home. Lift has been installed since fall last year. Only done my second oil change last night! Crazy. But anyways, Finally got to do her annual blood transfusion last night. Really enjoying my new setup. Again, no spills, no mess (even did the oil filter ziploc baggie trick), music cranked up, lights on, even took a break to eat while she drained. Took her for a drive afterwards. Delish.

AMSOIL ftw!!!

ps. I’m debating what size TVs to put in there. My wife won a 40” at LED at our department event, but I think that’s too small. But then if I go with a 50-70”, then I feel like I’m spending too much or going too big for a Garaj TV. What you all think? I can just imagine changing oil with a football game on. I can’t wait.

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/5/18 at 06:48 AM.
Old 5/5/18, 11:58 AM
Roush Forum Stalker

Awesome stuff Burton.
I need a lift in my garage in my life. lol
Old 5/5/18, 12:06 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Awesome stuff Burton.
I need a lift in my garage in my life. lol
I tell ya
It doesn't suck

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)