2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/17, 02:41 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Been a while since I had some updates - sorry, just haven't had the time to update. We move in, in a couple weeks, so it's very topsy turvy at the moment.

Regardless, the updates are as follows:

Landscaping blocks/retaining wall are complete in the front of the garage and the rear patio. I think it turned out awesome. I love the layout we designed, and the wife has already picked out her plants and flowers that will be going there. These will all be done hopefully in the next 2 weeks.

FRONT below

REAR below

They are also (finally) getting ready to paint the garage! I've been waiting for this for a LONG time. He has his scaffolding ready to go. I think they complete this next week.

GARAGE below

The other thing I wanted to share with y'all. Being the former engineer geek that I am, I still get excited over gadgets. Buddy of mine has all the tools and equipment to create these signs/plaques/etc... so I requested he build me something for my garage!

It will hang up on the wall, and have a plug in for the LED lights. The base will be dark stained walnut with engravings of personal stuff, including the "established - est" date. We took some time to design the layout together, but I thought the acrylic design and layout came out real good. I can't wait to see the finished piece this weekend and hang it on my new garage real soon!

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/5/17 at 02:51 PM.
Old 5/5/17, 02:49 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,679 Likes on 1,199 Posts
So awesome Burton. I'm really digging the outisde retaining walls. I would love to do that on one side of my driveway sometime. Looks really good.
And that neon light,.................WOW!! Awesome.
The following users liked this post:
FromZto5 (5/8/17)
Old 5/5/17, 07:46 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,171 Likes on 1,619 Posts
Love the lights too!
FromZto5 (5/8/17)
Old 5/6/17, 01:28 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
Very nice there Burton!

That light is awesome. He should build those to sell. I think I know at least one buyer...

FromZto5 (5/8/17)
Old 5/6/17, 08:31 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
awesome garage
FromZto5 (5/8/17)
Old 5/8/17, 08:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice updates... Love that Sign
FromZto5 (5/8/17)
Old 5/8/17, 12:58 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Stage_3
So awesome Burton. I'm really digging the outisde retaining walls. I would love to do that on one side of my driveway sometime. Looks really good.
And that neon light,.................WOW!! Awesome.
Thanks Tony!!! Yeah, we spent some time matching the blocks on the retaining wall to the outside/exterior facade. The pillar on the front stoop will also have the same type/color stone.

Yeah the light/sign/plaque is gonna be awesome. He is finalizing the painting right now. Then he will put a clear coat on it too. Pics below.

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Love the lights too!
Thanks Gary!!!

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
Very nice there Burton!

That light is awesome. He should build those to sell. I think I know at least one buyer...

Thanks Shane! Yes, he is actually going to eventually do this as a side business. I'll let him know that you are all interested

Originally Posted by Mikem8560
awesome garage
thanks man!

Originally Posted by carfreak666
Nice updates... Love that Sign
I appreciate that... thank you.

========================

Here's the colors that I chose from. Ford blue (as close to it as I could find), light gray, and white. I ended up choosing (drum roll) the light gray. I figured it would closely resemble my wall paint color. Below is a sample piece he made and painted, just so I could see.

===============

Then below are my newest updates. They installed the actual stone on my front garage exterior! It's called Whiskey Creek - it matches the retaining wall block color we have.

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/8/17 at 12:59 PM.
Old 5/8/17, 01:58 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Looking awesome Burton.
I love the front door area. Awesome.
FromZto5 (5/8/17)
Old 5/8/17, 02:42 PM
I Have No Life

Looking awesome Burton.
I love the front door area. Awesome.
Thanks Tony!!! We are so excited! It's gettin' real close!

The front door area will have a faux support pillar, where the square stone block is. It will extend to the ceiling, obviously. Also, the front door is a "construction door". They will replace it with the REAL door once we're closer to closing/turnover. The front door and garage doors will be painted the same as the vertical shake siding above the garage.

The crazy part about all this - look at my avatar over to the left. That was when we just bought the LOT! It was nothing but open land, with grass growing on it. Now it's a REAL house! lol... it was awesome to go through the whole process. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/8/17 at 02:44 PM.
Old 5/8/17, 04:51 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Originally Posted by FromZto5
Thanks Tony!!! We are so excited! It's gettin' real close!
The front door area will have a faux support pillar, where the square stone block is. It will extend to the ceiling, obviously. Also, the front door is a "construction door". They will replace it with the REAL door once we're closer to closing/turnover. The front door and garage doors will be painted the same as the vertical shake siding above the garage.
The crazy part about all this - look at my avatar over to the left. That was when we just bought the LOT! It was nothing but open land, with grass growing on it. Now it's a REAL house! lol... it was awesome to go through the whole process. I'd do it again in a heartbeat.
Yeah, that is awesome man.
The cool thing is you have it all documented and can look back at the photos from time to time. Must be getting really close now, about another month or so till move-in?
Thanks for sharing with us as well.
Old 5/9/17, 04:14 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Your house looks real nice Burton. Very cool.
Good enough for that Mustang party your planning.
FromZto5 (5/10/17)
Old 5/9/17, 09:17 PM
2014 SGM Roush Stage 2 --------- Moderator------

Received 1,088 Likes on 788 Posts
It was very cool to see your updates on this journey. Very nice place ended up with. You will enjoy it for many years to come. Congrats! Turned out extremely nice! I have been through this a couple times. I feel it the onlly way to get a new home. Be involved in the process from picking the lot, floor plan, and everything else. It makes it yours. You played a role in all the decisions. It is a reflection and a part of you and the Mrs. Enjoy!
FromZto5 (5/10/17)
Old 5/10/17, 10:11 AM
I Have No Life

Yeah, that is awesome man.
The cool thing is you have it all documented and can look back at the photos from time to time. Must be getting really close now, about another month or so till move-in?
Thanks for sharing with us as well.
Thanks a ton Tony. Oh no, it ain't another month. It's NEXT WEEK. Things happened so fast. We're excited. It's chaos right now at home, all the packing, etc. And kids stuff with baseball ain't helping. Work also ain't helping. It's chaos all around.

Originally Posted by GrnT
Your house looks real nice Burton. Very cool.
Good enough for that Mustang party your planning.
Hey Mark! Thanks buddy. I appreciate it. If you drive down here to good ole Iowa, I will definitely host a party. Hell, I'll even cook/grill for you guys

Originally Posted by shaneyusa
It was very cool to see your updates on this journey. Very nice place ended up with. You will enjoy it for many years to come. Congrats! Turned out extremely nice! I have been through this a couple times. I feel it the onlly way to get a new home. Be involved in the process from picking the lot, floor plan, and everything else. It makes it yours. You played a role in all the decisions. It is a reflection and a part of you and the Mrs. Enjoy!
Thanks Shane... I appreciate it. It is definitely great to see all our planning come to life, and see it all take actual shape. Building a new home is definitely an at least once in a lifetime experience. It's so much more personal and rewarding than just buying a turn-key spec home.
Old 5/10/17, 10:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Exciting times Burton. House is looking good.

John
Old 5/10/17, 12:06 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Thanks a ton Tony. Oh no, it ain't another month. It's NEXT WEEK. Things happened so fast. We're excited. It's chaos right now at home, all the packing, etc. And kids stuff with baseball ain't helping. Work also ain't helping. It's chaos all around.
WOW!!! Awesome bro. I hope it all goes smoothly for you guys.
Good luck!
Old 5/10/17, 04:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Your house is coming beautifully, and love the light you made for your garage, awesome!
Old 5/10/17, 07:28 PM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Looking amazing. I love that light.

The Boss is up at Jayko again if you want to say hello to it
Old 5/13/17, 08:37 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Horspla
Exciting times Burton. House is looking good.

John
Thanks John! How you been bud? I need to go back up there to take the kids to the mall again.

WOW!!! Awesome bro. I hope it all goes smoothly for you guys.
Good luck!
We hope so too! Only a few more days before closing! It's go time now lol. Packing sucks.

Originally Posted by kanine
Your house is coming beautifully, and love the light you made for your garage, awesome!
Thanks man! It's not the flashiest or biggest or fanciest, but it will soon be home for me and my family and we are proud of all the hard work we put into it. I think Marilyn will too.

Originally Posted by Skrapmetal
Looking amazing. I love that light.

The Boss is up at Jayko again if you want to say hello to it
Skrap! What's up bro! Long time. So what are you having Jay do to the boss?
Old 5/13/17, 08:59 PM
I Have No Life

So I have a few updates on the stable!

They finished final painting! 2 coats of Sherwin Williams Network Gray. I think it came out good. Better than the bare look.

Then they cleaned it all up, so I did a test fit yesterday. I think Marilyn likes her new home. So much more room! Next week, it will be permanent.

The irrigation system also got installed today. I had them place the control panel (Rain Bird) by the rear garage door, on the north wall... I then have easy access to the system and can see the backyard zones with no issues.

Lastly, I also picked up Marilyn's Welcoming Gift. She was very happy with the final product. This will get hung/mounted right above her parking spot.

As far as the garage goes, this might be the final update before actually moving in. I don't think they are making any more changes or additions. They still are to the inside of the house, but that's boring!

I'll update as we close and move in next week.

EDIT: Gabe - if you're reading this, I thought my irrigation guy looked like you for a second. LOL.

EDIT#2: I added the video of the LED plaque in action!!!

Last edited by FromZto5; 5/15/17 at 08:24 AM.
Old 5/14/17, 05:41 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 537 Likes on 420 Posts

EDIT: Gabe - if you're reading this, I thought my irrigation guy looked like you for a second. LOL.
Lol ..... Nah ... I'm much sexier than that dude

Quick Reply: Marilyn's new Stable! (i.e. garage)