2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

It's Here, But they got order wrong.

Search this Thread

Old 6/4/10, 03:49 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by trane
Yeah, and there is no shortage of first-rate mountaineering guides of the female persuasion, either. Let's all leave the stereotyping to those who don't know any better.
And yet this board is filled with camaro/mullet jokes. . .

Old 6/4/10, 04:37 PM
Mach 1 Member

I feel your pain. My spoiler delete car came in with a spoiler.... Thats all right its growing on me.
Old 6/4/10, 04:57 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by Danielle@UPR
This is true! My b/f's sister is insane with directions! I swear she has a GPS in her head.
Well then they're both keepers.
Old 6/5/10, 10:51 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Gene K
I feel your pain. My spoiler delete car came in with a spoiler.... Thats all right its growing on me.
Gene, did your online window sticker say Spoiler Delete?
Old 6/5/10, 12:52 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Automagically
Hey, I just test drove one just like that after work today. Race Red, Brembo's, 400A, no Nav. Ok, so it was similar. The Brembo car feels great right?! It's even more different than the regular GT! Steering was certainly tuned differently and suspension was a bit tighter. I felt more of the road in the Brembo car, but I also felt more of the performance as well. I think the 3.73's mad a bigger difference in 4th-6th but I think any of the rear ends are great. Enjoy that car, I am more in love with these cars every day! Sorry to the guys who are let down. Good thing I drive a Honda.
it's all in your head. There is no difference in the steering box or the suspension. Only the front brakes are Brembo calipers over the oem calipers.
Old 6/5/10, 02:47 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by jay45dee
it's all in your head. There is no difference in the steering box or the suspension. Only the front brakes are Brembo calipers over the oem calipers.
Incorrect, there is different ecm tuning and springs as well. Also wider stickier tires.
Old 6/5/10, 03:30 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
Incorrect, there is different ecm tuning and springs as well. Also wider stickier tires.
your telling me that after months of research and sitting down with two dealers and reading every forum and all the info on ford's site, that I missed this?
I saw there was a different ECM but haven't heard anything about springs or a different tire.
If so, then I guess I will just have to get some coil overs!

Last edited by jay45dee; 6/5/10 at 03:37 PM.
Old 6/5/10, 05:45 PM
MOTM Committee Member

your telling me that after months of research and sitting down with two dealers and reading every forum and all the info on ford's site, that I missed this?
I saw there was a different ECM but haven't heard anything about springs or a different tire.
Well no one knew about the springs until KC (our resident parts guy) discovered it. The dealers should have told you about the tires. They are 255/40/19 and are summer only as as opposed to the 245/45/19s with the regular 19" wheels. Also the rims on the brembo pkg are wider
Old 6/5/10, 05:49 PM
GT Member

sounds like the brembo's are a better deal than what i thought
Old 6/5/10, 06:44 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by RandyW
Gene, did your online window sticker say Spoiler Delete?
No but it wasnt my dealers fault.

Order input by the dealer.
Decided to change axle ratio.
Dealer cant modify after its entered.
Had to call Ford Coporate to do it.
Ford pulled the order while we were waiting on approval of axle ratio change.
Options confirmed with Spoiler Delete.
Two days later Ford Confirmed the Axle Ratio Change had been accepted and order modified.
When I got my VIN and was able to pull the Window Sticker saw the Spoiler Delete was Missing.
Found out the spoiler delete was accidently dropped when Ford modified my order.
Once the car is invoiced the specs are locked and cant be changed so I have two options.
Take it with a spoiler or refuse it.
Old 6/5/10, 06:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

I heard the shock valving and front ABS modules are also different. Not sure of the accuracy but with different spring rates and front brakes that would stand to reason.

Their is conflicting info about the limiter settings on the GT. Ive seen 146 mph and 155 mph. I have wondered if the Brembo Cars have the higher speed limiter and the other cars the lower. Of course it could just be confusion between the V6 and GT.

The Non-Brembo Cars get essentially last years Track Pack although they have reduced spring rates at the front but similar overall wheel rates due to the larger front bar. I also believe the shock rates were softened a bit over the the old Track Pack at least in the front. With less spring rate it would need less dampening anyway.

Even in the non-Brembo cars the Sport Mode is pretty aggressive. I threw her into a bit of a drift but was incouraging the tail to come around with a little throttle and then "slow hands" and let me say my hands were picking up speed rapidly by the time the brakes intervened to straighten the car. In my opinion the Sport Mode would not have saved the car on its on. It was more of a helping hand than a safety net.

Last edited by Gene K; 6/5/10 at 07:02 PM.
Old 6/6/10, 08:55 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey 5th Stang, congrats on your delivery. Based on my experience with the Ford Nav, you're better off not having it. But if you do still want it(and more importantly still PAID for it), why doesn't the dealer just install the NAV for you?

It's already got to be setup for everything that it should be pretty much plug-n-play, shouldn't it? The only thing I could think that would be a pain is the placement of the GPS antenna, but if you already have Sync-Directors possible, doesn't that mean it's already installed in there?
Old 6/6/10, 02:15 PM
V6 Member

Been there, done that. He is suppose to get with me on monday. I wasn't charged for it. The screen is nice, I have it in the wife's 10 Edge.
I can't figure how everyone missed it on the sticker (including me) and it was on the order sheet. I know it can be done, it's just getting the stuff and getting past the politics. The peanut size screen in the mirror for the reverse camera is useless.
Old 6/6/10, 05:44 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ireallycare
lol.. back up camera on mirror is lame.

I would have waited. Six to eight weeks of additional driving shouldn't be THAT big of a depreciation.
i have the camera with teh screen in my F150, that backup camera is GREAT.
Old 6/7/10, 08:10 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Sorry buckaroo, it's not, it is on the other hand a real thing.

Yep.

Seems as though your research has lead you a stray. The steering tuning is different, the wheels and tires are different, the brakes and ABS programming are different, the ESC tuning is different, the springs are different. When driven, all these things do present themselves.

Well no one knew about the springs until KC (our resident parts guy) discovered it. The dealers should have told you about the tires. They are 255/40/19 and are summer only as as opposed to the 245/45/19s with the regular 19" wheels. Also the rims on the brembo pkg are wider
This.

Originally Posted by sdsguy
sounds like the brembo's are a better deal than what i thought
Yes.