Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

It's Here, But they got order wrong.

Search this Thread

Old 6/2/10, 08:40 PM
V6 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
It's Here, But they got order wrong.

My dealer called me today with what I thought was more bad news, but he said my car was in. Dropped everything and went to to see it. Got there and they were just getting ready to wash it. Went into the bay looked it over, opened doors looked in and quickly discovered no NAV radio. Almost fell over and told my salesman this is not my car. Looked at sticker and it was my vin number. I ordered it with NAV and backup camera, Brembo's. Well it had camera but no screen. Screen is in mirror. Well to make a long story short (too late), He said he would look for another one in the area. Good luck, no dice. Well I had to make a decision to take it like it was or reorder, wait another 6 to 8 weeks (yeah right) and take a bigger loss on my trade in with the extra milage. Well I took it for a spin and it was all over.
I was really looking forward to the screen but will have to live without it. We had some rain storms move through all day so I couldn't do much driving with it. But it's now in the driveway and its over. My fourth mustang and i'm really impressed. With only 20 miles on it with wet streets, I can't give everyone a good review yet but will post a better one tomorrow or the next day. Just a few things I will miss is no memory seats (doesn't matter, no one else will be driving it), and the three button home remote (garage door, gate, other). I will find a place to put a few buttons somewhere. Everything that has been said here on the forums is accurate, It is Fast, drives and handles like a dream. Scheduling window tint next week. Pictures to follow. A professional video (by me) is in the works. Will post it when done.
Old 6/2/10, 08:42 PM
Cobra R Member

Congrats. Now update your sig.
Old 6/2/10, 08:55 PM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Congrats on the car...bummer on the Nav.
Old 6/2/10, 08:58 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats on almost getting your car! Since you had the VIN before delivery, did you run it through the window sticker website? If so, did it show Nav on the window sticker?
Old 6/2/10, 09:06 PM
GT Member

Congrats!!

That's what always worries me about ordering a car. Am I going to be that 1% (or whatever) that they forget something or add something I didn't want?
Old 6/2/10, 09:09 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
That is a bummer on not having the NAV, but congrats!!!
Old 6/2/10, 09:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

At least you got your car, I'm pondering leaving my Grabber Blue Gt/CS for a Black Prem, I'll save some dough and my wait would be over but I really hoped this purchase would be compromise free.
Old 6/2/10, 09:50 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey, I just test drove one just like that after work today. Race Red, Brembo's, 400A, no Nav. Ok, so it was similar. The Brembo car feels great right?! It's even more different than the regular GT! Steering was certainly tuned differently and suspension was a bit tighter. I felt more of the road in the Brembo car, but I also felt more of the performance as well. I think the 3.73's mad a bigger difference in 4th-6th but I think any of the rear ends are great. Enjoy that car, I am more in love with these cars every day! Sorry to the guys who are let down. Good thing I drive a Honda.
Old 6/2/10, 10:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Send it back.

If you don't care..... Then enjoy!
Old 6/2/10, 10:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

How did you not notice this on the window sticker or the order sheet?
Old 6/2/10, 11:22 PM
Bullitt Member

lol.. back up camera on mirror is lame.

I would have waited. Six to eight weeks of additional driving shouldn't be THAT big of a depreciation.
Old 6/3/10, 03:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Looking at your sig how is it Ford's fault that the dealer ordered your car incorrectly? Just curious......
Old 6/3/10, 04:15 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by coffeejolts
How did you not notice this on the window sticker or the order sheet?
I guess I will have to take partial blame for not seeing the NAV on the sticker. My salesman who is a great guy and I have bought at least 8 vehicles from in the last 12 years had it on his order sheet. He passes it to his sales manager who orders the car from Ford. Somewhere between there and Ford it got deleted. Salesman not at fault. I saw the camera and sync on the sticker and took for granted that everything was ok. BTY, the mirror screen is useless. Too small and with the glare from the windshield it's hard to see. I will have to live with it. I will be looking for a mod to keep it active all the time. Can't wait to hear the thunder on the highway on my 25 mile trek to work this morning. Been waiting since january for this moment.
Good luck to all still waiting for your cars. I think its picking up now. I saw a CS white Gt when I picked up mine here in South Florida.
Old 6/3/10, 04:21 AM
Cobra R Member

Congrats!

Look on the bright side, as long as you know where you're going, you won't miss it.
Old 6/3/10, 07:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Get a Droid
Old 6/3/10, 08:38 AM
legacy Tms Member MEMORIAL Rest In Peace 10/06/2021

Received 124 Likes on 100 Posts
How could you miss a, over $2,000 option I love my Nav.

Just messing with you You'll be fine without it and i'm happy for you, getting your car in.
Old 6/3/10, 08:57 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Why don't you try the sync directions? i have used it before and it really works great. Just a thought. Enjoy your car, I order perf white w/ brembo's, I sure bet that looks really good!
Fords Nav system is sweet, but at approx 50$ per month more, not worth it to me.
Old 6/3/10, 09:08 AM
Bullitt Member

Grats. Bum on the no nav though. Well I guess a Garmin will fix that though. Heh, have the dealer ORDER you a separate Nav and have it installed ! Whats dealer btw ? I am down here in S.Fla as well...just curious who you ordered from..
Old 6/3/10, 09:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by David Young
How could you miss a, over $2,000 option I love my Nav.
I know it's probably a cool gadget and all... but I've been driving for a long time without it, and mostly without city maps. If I don't know where something is, I call ahead. I'll never pay ANYTHING for an optional navigation package. One more thing that can break, or not be current, or be dependent on folks in another country maintaining it. I wanted climate control, but it was tied into the electronics package... so thanks, but no.
Old 6/3/10, 09:27 AM
V6 Member

How and where do you find the window sticker site? Thanks in advance!

Quick Reply: It's Here, But they got order wrong.