Search this Thread

Old 9/10/08, 10:26 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Thats the basic interior... not the GT500
Old 9/10/08, 10:33 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
From what I can see of the materials they look like higher quality but we have lost something in the translation... The center console look similar to the new Focus and that is my fault with the design. I am not liking it at all...

I do like everything else I see but its not enough to want to get the 2010... just my 2 cents...
Old 9/10/08, 10:34 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Boomer
Thats the basic interior... not the GT500
This is not the top trim level... Can't be...
Old 9/10/08, 10:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

OMG!
Old 9/10/08, 10:48 AM
V6 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Interior is bang on! Lots of "old ques" with a modern look, and optional white/black face guages to boot. I give them +1 or maybe +1 1/2 depending on options.

Last edited by STANG-22; 9/10/08 at 10:53 AM. Reason: SPELLING
Old 9/10/08, 10:48 AM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

people might need a dash piece from ford now if they are going to swap out factory radio
Old 9/10/08, 11:09 AM
Mach 1 Member

Are they doing away with MyColor?

I think they are, and I'm going to miss it. That was a cool little perk.
Old 9/10/08, 11:18 AM
Mach 1 Member

I love the recessed gauges!!
Old 9/10/08, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by rhumb
Nicer but blander.

What it seems to have gained in detailing, finish, materials and features, it has traded off in character and dynamism - and this is the top dog GT500 version(?, or did I get this wrong?). This interior, as nice as it seems, looks like it could just as readily be out of a 2010 Fusion, Focus or Accord. Whereas the current interior -- sub par detailing and materials and all -- is very distinctly that of a Mustang and nothing else. Even the upcoming Fiesta interior seems far more interesting, exciting and sporty than this, which is more on par with the Challenger's sedanish interior in terms of emotionalism.

The 2010 Mustang seems to be following a very familiar development plotline, that of the 1960s Stang which, with each iteration, became ever larger, heavier, more powerful, plusher and glitzy. While it became an objectively "better" car in many ways, in a more subjective sense, it gradually lost its focus, spirit and character, finally becoming the oversized, overweight, overpowered and overwraught 1971-73 quasi-luxo barge. I fear the 2010 may be following a similar general trajectory, at least in terms of aesthetics, character and style -- bloat may be reinded in by the necessities of fuel efficiency and emissions.
Well said but really what choice did Ford have than to progressively refine the interior of one of its most important models? I can't imagine the howls of protest from enthusiasts and non-enthusiasts alike (to say nothing of the media) had Ford chosen to retain the current interior for MY 2010. Why must traditionalism be synonymous with "workmanlike" materials and finish? I think the new interior represents a satisfactory integration of past with present: the verticality of the IP, the dual cowls and the deeply recessed gauges remain with tighter joins and more padded materials. Congratulations Ford!
Old 9/10/08, 11:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyone notice the little buttons below the headlight switch? How much you wanna bet one of them is a trunk release
Old 9/10/08, 11:51 AM
I Have No Life

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Not sure if my colour is gone... if it is though, there will be the ambient lighting.
Set colours, maybe not the 125 different shades, but the major colours.

Stock colour is set to a blue instead of the current green
Old 9/10/08, 12:09 PM
GT Member

Anyone notice the little buttons below the headlight switch? How much you wanna bet one of them is a trunk release
Attached Thumbnails Interior pics!-2010-ford-mustang-interior-2.jpg  
Old 9/10/08, 12:11 PM
GT Member

if you zoom in can anyone make that out
Attached Images  
Old 9/10/08, 12:19 PM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Looks like INFO, SETUP and RESET to me
Old 9/10/08, 12:34 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by AWmustang
Looks like INFO, SETUP and RESET to me
I agree, looks like that to me.

I'll wait to see the "upgrade" interior before I pass judgement. The base interior on the current model sucked and so does this.
Old 9/10/08, 01:55 PM

Okay. To restate, obviously this is the base interior. However, as simple as it is now, I like it. The dash matching the upward swoop of the tails is sweet. I like the crease lines in the tops and sides of the radio/nav boarder. The vents are much more pleasing to the eye and not near as bulbous as the currently are. The speedo in this base, whether it be a V6 or V8 goes to 140. The interior screams V6 so maybe this new 3.7L will get us up there. I'm not too sure about the cup holder cover lid thing. Looks like it slide down to the right. Could be a good thing. I noticed the door handlesa are the same but the door panels are not. There is a redesigned panel above the window buttons. Looks good. Also, even the e-brake lever seems to be leather wraped in this one. Good! The center console even has a nice little chromy piece to open it with. And this is the base interior. I can imagine the IUP having more chromy pieces around. More importantly, the steering wheel obviously isn't even close to the one portrayed by the Ford teaser pics. So I'm not worried. We will have a better one in the production. Finally, it seems that white face guages will be an option, or a standard in the IUP. Additionally, I really like the simple look of the flat face plate on the stereo. Althought I will be wanting the NAV option, it looks good now. I'm done.
Old 9/10/08, 02:00 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Too modern for me.
Old 9/10/08, 02:00 PM
Cobra Member

I think it's an excellent modern rendition of the '67-'68 interior. I'm hoping the white guage faces are purely optional as I really prefer the black faces. Anyway, I can't wait to see this interior in fancier trim.
Old 9/10/08, 02:08 PM

Also, I forgot to mention the three little button near the shifter to the left. I remember we talked about them a while back with our first interior spy shots and thought they may be Sync buttons. Any new ideas or news on those? One more thing. I noticed that the radio ***** on the shot contunies the chrome rimed theme that started in 2008.
Old 9/10/08, 02:22 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by fanofelliottmjb
Imo the rectangle vents are not classic enough. Should have stayed with round.
I've gotta say that I am getting a little tired of hearing people complain that the 2010 or for that matter the '05-'09 doesn't look "classic" enough. This comment is all over this forum in one way shape or form. I can appreciate the styling cues from the past as much as anyone else, but let's remember, this is the 21st Century and Ford needs the attention of a new generation of drivers.

The 2010 Camaro, Hyundai Genesis, Challenger, Nissan GT-R and other coupes are breathing down our necks, all with modern technolgies, IRS and more fuel efficient engines. Complaining about how the air vents aren't classic enough or the tail and head lights don't take enough cues from the classic stangs is just a waste of space IMHO.

This is the 2010 Mustang.... in order for it to evolve and stay on the minds of car buyers, Ford needs to look more towards the future and less towards the past. Otherwise, there won't be a new Mustang for us to Micro-criticize.

Not trying to **** anyone off... Just a little tired of hearing people write the car off because of a meaningless part or small styling cue.

Quick Reply: Interior pics!