Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I'm going to be sick...my car was vandalized last night =(

Search this Thread

Old 9/22/10, 09:56 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

I know. Those guys in Lubbock have nothing better to do anyway. When they get bored with their sheep they look for other avenues of fun.
LOL.

In all seriousness though Rob, I really hope that guy gets himself caught. Ive had 2 of my cars broken into in the past and having your car vandalized is never a fun experience.
Old 9/22/10, 09:58 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Rob very cool that the cops are able to pull prints of the perp. You will get your justice, all it takes is something small to be in the system and once that person is caught they will pay for what they did to your car.

Hope the estimates go well.

Good luck
Old 9/22/10, 03:29 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

I know. Those guys in Lubbock have nothing better to do anyway. When they get bored with their sheep they look for other avenues of fun.

More so with east Texas lol...I lived in west Texas for 5 years, and Ive been in east TX for about a year. I can say with 100% certainty they have far more sheep tendencies here lol

2 more years here and I'm back in Houston thank god.
Old 9/24/10, 08:20 PM
GT Member

UPDATE 2:

Turns out that unfortunatly they got the car worse than first thought. I got the car down to Houston last night and gave it a quick bath before taking it to a few places for quotes this morning.

I worked nonstop Mon-Thurs and didnt see the car at all until Thurs night. The Sunday I discovered the vandalism I couldent bear looking at it for too long.

Upon washing the car this morning, I discovered more scratches on the hood and all along the passenger side. I guess the dirtyness of the car kinda hid it from me seeing it at a glance...these scratches look far more rushed and shallow, but certainly not shallow enough to be buffed out.

So now this makes me think that either there were two people involved or that this guy set off the alarm midway through keying and hurried around to try and get the whole car before running off.

Anyways...point being, the body shop agrees that its gonna have to be a total redo on the paint job. 2-3 weeks without my baby =(

I guess if there is any good to come out of this, the new paint will almost certainly exceed the factory paint job as far as orange peel goes. I'm taking it to one of the finest body shops in Houston...I took it in and the owner came out, drooled over my car, told me how much he loves mustangs and gave me an estimate. He then took me on a tour of his shop where they were working on not only one, but two Lamborghinis, one Ferrari, one Maserati, a few Porsches, a lightning, a 2010 Camaro, and a few little hondas, toyatas, and an infinity G35. I know I'm in good hands =)

I'll be dropping her off tomorrow at the shop where the insurance adjuster will come take a look on Monday. I'm kind of concerned about one thing though...if that police officer only wrote drivers side damage on the police report, is that gonna affect what insurance will cover? Or is it up to what the adjuster sees? I already called the police records people and had them update the case file to say that the whole car was scratched up just incase. Still worried though...I dont want a half painted car =(
Old 9/25/10, 10:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

Rob, when i first read this stroy i was sick to my stomach, had it happen to me many years ago.. i know the feeling.. as far as the insurance goes.. they are more than likely going to send an agent to look the car over.. the body guy will show him all the damage. that you pointed out and what they find.. they are not blindly going to hand a check to the body shop just based off a few pictures..