Sponsored By:

I'm going to be sick...my car was vandalized last night =(

Search this Thread

Old 9/19/10, 01:31 PM
FR500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bro I feel your pain.

From a couple months ago...

As for the shop, try to find one that you can easily get to, make sure they quote for dissembling the adjoining parts and bumpers, and drop in on them daily. I took my car to a shop that also does high end cars, the hard part was making sure the employees who actually worked on the car gave my car the same level of attention. It took them to attempts, but they did it right.

In my case they blended the paint within the panels, so the hood, bumpers, and trunk were not touched.

Last edited by PTRocks; 9/19/10 at 02:42 PM.
Old 9/19/10, 01:37 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
the good news is thats it a new car and the paint wont be hard to match.
Old 9/19/10, 01:38 PM
Cobra R Member

This stuff makes me glad I have a garage and also glad that my winter car is nice enough to drive year round. I no longer will take my GT500 and park it in a movie parking lot, or restaurant lot, etc.. Nothing's every happened to it but I'm just not willing to take the chance.
Old 9/19/10, 01:40 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Disgusting!

Why? Why? Why?
Old 9/19/10, 01:46 PM
Banned

You used to be able to hang a man that messed with your horse. I say that we bring that back.

God help the a$$hole I ever catch messing with mine. I'm pretty sure that a body would fit into a small Mustang trunk...
Old 9/19/10, 01:49 PM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
You used to be able to hang a man that messed with your horse. I say that we bring that back.

God help the a$$hole I ever catch messing with mine. I'm pretty sure that a body would fit into a small Mustang trunk...

Last edited by Flagstang; 9/19/10 at 01:50 PM.
Old 9/19/10, 02:04 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
You used to be able to hang a man that messed with your horse.
Used to be that horse thievery was a hanging offense, messing with your horse was just sick...

Old 9/19/10, 02:09 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Ltngdrvr
Used to be that horse thievery was a hanging offense, messing with your horse was just sick...

Old 9/19/10, 02:23 PM
GT Member

Thanks everyone for the support and understanding of my frustration...sounds stupid I know but it makes me feel a little better to know there are people out there who are as passionate about their mustangs as I am and can relate to what I'm feeling. I don't understand people...I'm the kind of person who would do anything for anyone. I worked and waited so hard and long for this car...hell everyone who knows me would tell you being able to buy a Mustang was one of my biggest motivations to go to college and get into a job that allow me to financially support that.

Still feel sick...I was looking forward to washing her today...I've been washing her 2-3 times a week if no rain is around to keep her looking her best.

Unfortunately I'm living in an apartment complex...no garage =(

I do have a Texas Tech logo on my trunk, not sure if it had anything to do with it but who knows at this point. All I can say is that karma is a ***** and eventually that scumbag will get whats coming to him.

PTRocks: How much did that cost you/your insurance carrier? Looks like they nailed you in all the same places
Old 9/19/10, 02:30 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by raidernixon
Thanks everyone for the support and understanding of my frustration...sounds stupid I know but it makes me feel a little better to know there are people out there who are as passionate about their mustangs as I am and can relate to what I'm feeling. I don't understand people...I'm the kind of person who would do anything for anyone. I worked and waited so hard and long for this car...hell everyone who knows me would tell you being able to buy a Mustang was one of my biggest motivations to go to college and get into a job that allow me to financially support that.

Still feel sick...I was looking forward to washing her today...I've been washing her 2-3 times a week if no rain is around to keep her looking her best.

Unfortunately I'm living in an apartment complex...no garage =(

I do have a Texas Tech logo on my trunk, not sure if it had anything to do with it but who knows at this point. All I can say is that karma is a ***** and eventually that scumbag will get whats coming to him.

PTRocks: How much did that cost you/your insurance carrier? Looks like they nailed you in all the same places
The paint was 1600$, that included 400$ for the non-standard clearcoat sanding they did. Replacing the side stripe set me back another 190$ with shipping and taxes etc.

The shop removed and replaced the window, door handle, side scoop, fuel door, rocker panel, and bumpers. The shop also used an all-over masking spray on the rest of the car (except the top). I removed the door and interior side panels, and belt line trim.

Removing the panels was necessary because I insisted that the work be of equivalent quality to the original factory paint. The shop owner made the point that whenever a panel is partially masked the paint could eventually peel.

The owner stated the sanding was necessary because it would be close to impossible for his guys to get the clear coat surface finish right over such a large area (three panels). And that with the sanding the paint would be better than factory (in terms of orange peel), he said it wasn't possible to match the peel exactly, it would either be better or worse. I was willing to pay for better.

Last edited by PTRocks; 9/19/10 at 02:41 PM.
Old 9/19/10, 02:43 PM
FR500 Member

It's harder to see with the lighter colour, but if you look at my rear quarter, you should be able to discern the difference in orange peel.
Old 9/19/10, 02:56 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by PTRocks
Removing the panels was necessary because I insisted that the work be of equivalent quality to the original factory paint. The shop owner made the point that whenever a panel is partially masked the paint could eventually peel.
I'm confused. Why would removal of panel be necessary if they are blending it and masking adjacent panels that won't be painted?
Old 9/19/10, 03:00 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts
Because it's an insurance claim....
Old 9/19/10, 03:00 PM
Team Mustang Source

It hurts to see something like that. I was PO yesterday when people put finger prints all over my drivers side window trying to look in. Had they came and asked me I would have opened the door so they could see.

Whoever did this to your car, 10 to 1 was someone you know or at least seen around. I wouldn't call this random, it was a personal attack. Hopefully you find out and send them to jail.
Old 9/19/10, 03:02 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by cdynaco
I'm confused. Why would removal of panel be necessary if they are blending it and masking adjacent panels that won't be painted?
In the case of the bumpers, so the paint can go right to the (otherwise not visible) edge of the panel.

The panels that I removed were interior panels only.
Old 9/19/10, 03:09 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Big Poppa
Whoever did this to your car, 10 to 1 was someone you know or at least seen around. I wouldn't call this random, it was a personal attack. Hopefully you find out and send them to jail.
Yeah I wonder that to this day. I'm not around people enough to **** anybody off that I know of. I get along with most people or don't be around them. But I always wonder if it was someone I see regularly at Blues Club that still smiles and says hi....
Old 9/19/10, 03:33 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear about your car. I had my car work done at

New Concepts Autoworks
6812 K Ave
Plano, TX 75074-2557
(972) 578-1220

I feel they have fair prices, and their work is top notch. You'll see plenty of high end cars in their lot. I highly recommend them!

-danny
Old 9/19/10, 03:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Just remember, you still have an ausome car with paint thats soon going to be good as new.

And all the vandals have is sh**.
Old 9/19/10, 04:11 PM
Team Mustang Source

Here is where they robbbed me for my subs and amp back in Dec. Cost over a grand to get those windows replaced, not to mention the cost of my amp and subs, which I haven't replaced.
Attached Thumbnails I'm going to be sick...my car was vandalized last night =(-imag0065.jpg  
Old 9/19/10, 04:12 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
People suck

Quick Reply: I'm going to be sick...my car was vandalized last night =(