2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I'm going to be sick...my car was vandalized last night =(

Search this Thread

Old 9/19/10, 05:58 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
This just sucks. I remember walking out one Sunday morning with my dad when I was 13 and seeing his 35th GT up on concrete blocks with all 4 tires and wheels missing. He ended up seeing the rims on someone else's mustang because he had scuffed the drivers side rim on a crub. He didn't do anything but I personally would have called the cops and gotten those rims back.

Some people are just A$$holes and have no respect for other peoples property.

God help the mf'er who messes with my new 5.0 when I get it.
Old 9/19/10, 06:39 PM
AKA 1 BULLITT------------ Legacy TMS Member

Received 343 Likes on 216 Posts
Once a loser always a loser. You might not know the loser but the law of averages will catch up him.
Old 9/19/10, 07:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I would also bet its someone you knew. I couldn't see a UT fan doing that after a win, possibly after a loss, but I guess I'm biased, I'm a UT Grad . I remember coming out of my house one sunday morning to see a nice brick through the windshield of my 67 Fastback. Only thing worse then that was a week after I got it fixed... it happened again. O man I was pissed. To this day I'm pretty sure I knew who it was... I may have had the wrong girl in my hot tub that night... haha

Herb's body shop in garland is an awesome place. I've seen them do work on several mustangs and a few GT500s...
Old 9/19/10, 07:59 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Fazm
want to borrow one?

Would love to borrow the Desert Eagle!
Old 9/19/10, 08:00 PM
Cobra R Member

Re. the vandalize, that sucks out loud. I think that may be worse than the deer hit I had, at least psychologically. Oh well, repeat to yourself over and over, "it's just a car, it can be fixed"....
Old 9/19/10, 08:08 PM
Mach 1 Member

Rage. Sorry man.
Old 9/19/10, 08:25 PM
Mach 1 Member

Really sorry to hear about this buddy If you lived closer to Kentucky I could help you out (tons of bodymen in my family).

Just a question.. did the alarm system go off?
Old 9/19/10, 08:57 PM
Cobra R Member

Sorry to hear man.

Old 9/19/10, 09:08 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by csledd
Really sorry to hear about this buddy If you lived closer to Kentucky I could help you out (tons of bodymen in my family).

Just a question.. did the alarm system go off?
The alarm system did go off, however it went off around 3 in the morning according to the neighbor. My neighbor didn't see anyone running away, but he also said it took him a while to stumble through his dark apartment to get to his balcony overlooking the lot. My alarm stopped going about 5 seconds after he came out. I couldn't hear it because I had to park extremely far away from my building since all of the spots close to my building in my complex were taken. I know it went off because the car made an odd, different alarm sound when I unlocked it for the first time afterwards. I wish I had a garage...the next garage unit wont be available until December in this complex.

Either way, wherever he ran it would have been near impossible to find him, as this complex is in the middle of a huge, dark, heavily wooded golf course with no lighting at night.

Also, I seriously doubt this was anyone I knew...simply because I dont know anyone who lives here. Ive only lived here in Tyler for 6 months, and I'm only here for work during the week. The weekends I am usually in Houston, DFW, or Arkansas...so I have no social life in this city.

csledd: Since so much of the car will need to be repainted, I am seriously contemplating a custom paint job, and I am in Arkansas quite a bit which is not too far from Kentucky...do any of the bodymen in your family have experience with custom paint jobs? I'm thinking of doing something similar to the foose magnaflow mustang, but modified a bit to fit the carbon fiber hood and trunk I will be putting on the car. I kinda dont care where the car has to go...I just want it to be worked on by people who have a genuine care for their work =)

Old 9/19/10, 09:12 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 669 Likes on 542 Posts
I'm ok with the Pulp Fiction stuff, but there's thems who might not be... might wanna redo that Tony...

---

It just truly sucks that people don't have respect for other people's stuff. I don't know what else to say about that, except toenails and stringing up by them seems appropriate. 'Cause that'd hurt pretty good, y'know?

RE: Body Shops, well... they all can do good, they all can do lousy. If your insurance is a partner with one, USE IT. It is then the onus on your insurance and the body shop to get it right.

You're paying the insurance people, it would be wise to tell them, "I'm paying you. You'll be paying the shop. I am telling you right now, I want paperwork, signed by the three parties, that the car will be back to showroom condition, or will be continuously worked on until it is, and that I will be out no more than my deductable."

That is a contract that will be binding. The onus then becomes on the shop to do it right, or they get to redo it over and over until it is. The insurance company requires them to do it right, because they are the ones that will have to deal with it by you... and your decision to stay with them or not if they don't help ensure it's done right. Plus, they don't wanna have to pay the shop twice either, so there's that. Not that they would. It'd be just best to be right up front about how much of an irritant you'll be.

And then be there all the time, checking, accpeting, or rejecting the work as needed. THE WORST thing to do is to 'let them have it' and never check until they say 'ready!' By then, mistakes are compounded, and it's impossible to fix it quickly.

They'll get over your being a pill. Trust me.

Last edited by houtex; 9/19/10 at 09:13 PM.
Old 9/19/10, 09:16 PM
MBK
Mach 1 Member

that sucks man... whoever did it is a moron and needs some pain in his life. like the video, you never f-ck w/ another man's vehicle. i mean, as much as i might dislike some people i would never mess w/ their vehicle. that's just code. jeez.
Old 9/19/10, 09:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

That really sucks, sorry some dumb^^^ felt the need to express themselves.
Old 9/19/10, 11:43 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by MBK
i mean, as much as i might dislike some people i would never mess w/ their vehicle. that's just code. jeez.
I look at it this way; if you feel that strongly, man up and stand up to the person. Beating up on a car is like (no offense to the ladies here) beating up on a woman. Only a coward beats up on something or someone that can't defend themselves, and whoever does deserves a coward's death.
Old 9/20/10, 07:24 AM
Mach 1 Member

Please take three deep breaths and try to calm yourslelf. I know its hard. Breath in and breath out. Please take it easy and try to relax. I know its hard. Please just try.

With that said, i WOULD I KILL THE PERSON THAT DID THIS. That bastard needs to die a horible death. I am so sorry this happened to you. I hope your insurance covers this and and you can get her fixed. I am sickened by this. Please try your best to stay calm if its possible.
Old 9/20/10, 08:35 AM

Jealousy and lack of self confidence are a terrible thing. I guess because someone couldn't make enough of themselves to buy and drive a 5.0 then the natural thing is to F-up somebody else's before they crawl back into their dark hole of self loathing.

Pathetic.

Last edited by rhumb; 9/20/10 at 09:13 AM.
Old 9/20/10, 09:09 AM
GT Member

I too am so sorry to here this. If someone keyed my car I would be sick. Take the advice of many here. Work with the insurance company and tell them outright you want it showroom new. Do the legwork and find a ahop with a great reputation and one that paints high end cars. Make sure they have a super paint room.

I still don't understand why some low life jerk gets a thrill from doing this. I guess it's because they have no respect for other peoples property, real low lifes.

I show my Mustang and I can't get people to keep there hands off of it, or lean on it. People like that have no drive to get ahead or save for something they want. No respect for another mans property.
Old 9/20/10, 10:38 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Wander

I show my Mustang and I can't get people to keep there hands off of it, or lean on it. People like that have no drive to get ahead or save for something they want. No respect for another mans property.
Some people are just careless. A 370Z friend of mine had his car damaged at a show by a kid who thought spinning his lanyard around in his hand was fun... got too close to the car and *bam* scratched the headlight.

I for one DO NOT touch any part of anyones car other than the door handle if I'm getting in. I have friends who don't hesitate to set their cup of coffe on my roof or lean up against the car. I have to politely ask them not to do it, and the ones that aren't car people think I'm just being a douchebag.

It's simply about respect. Be respectful of other people's property and know that many people put in a LOT of time and effort to keep their cars pristine.

Also: don't drag your feet around cars. It's very easy to kick up a rock and send it flying into someones door. Hell, just don't drag your feet!

Last edited by m4a1mustang; 9/20/10 at 10:41 AM.
Old 9/20/10, 10:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

I know what you mean. Fortunately most of my family, even my extended family, is pretty good about how to treat other people's cars. I've even seen them berate their 4 year olds about making hand prints on the hood. It's important that this be taught, not just for cars, but for anything that belongs to someone else.

Don't drag your feet, hehe. It would help if people knew just how easy it is to scratch the clear coat.
Old 9/20/10, 11:04 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Lancel
It would help if people knew just how easy it is to scratch the clear coat.
Especially Nissan's clear. I swear, you can look at that clear coat the wrong way and it will etch, scratch, peel, run, etc. Keeping a Nissan looking fresh is a experience.

My sister's 2002 Mustang V6 with 150k miles and no detailing still had a nicer clear coat than my meticulously cared for '09 370Z with ~25k miles. I about fell over when I got the 5.0... the paint is like a one-off masterpiece compared to the Z!!! I called up Christies and told them I wanted an appraisal
Old 9/20/10, 01:20 PM
Bullitt Member

This is why my ride gets parked in a garrage.

If you guys don't park your mustang INSIDE a garrage. you need to go spend a couple hundred dollars. one saturday after noon, and learn to install some camera's.

Not that hard. Very simple. very cheap. Saves your *** tons of money, pain, and frustration. P.S. sometimes people see the camera's and decide not to do bad things cuz they dont want to get caught.

checkmate.

Last edited by Dreamtheory; 9/20/10 at 01:21 PM.

Quick Reply: I'm going to be sick...my car was vandalized last night =(