2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

I'm going to be sick...my car was vandalized last night =(

Search this Thread

Old 9/20/10, 01:52 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Sorry to hear about that. I also live in an apartment and fear that will end up happening to my car. I am saving up for a house with a garage. People don't realize how hard we all have to work and save for these cars. I hope you get your car fixed and find the person who did that.
Old 9/20/10, 02:07 PM
Bullitt Member

I would guess a Texas fan did it!
Old 9/20/10, 02:53 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by raidernixon

csledd: Since so much of the car will need to be repainted, I am seriously contemplating a custom paint job, and I am in Arkansas quite a bit which is not too far from Kentucky...do any of the bodymen in your family have experience with custom paint jobs? I'm thinking of doing something similar to the foose magnaflow mustang, but modified a bit to fit the carbon fiber hood and trunk I will be putting on the car. I kinda dont care where the car has to go...I just want it to be worked on by people who have a genuine care for their work =)

I would hold off on doing this until you have a garage parking spot. You think you're pissed NOW...
Old 9/20/10, 03:12 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by mweeps

I doubt it. Now maybe an Aggie might, but he'd have to master the use of rocks as tools first.

Old 9/20/10, 03:36 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mweeps
Hey! I already accused Gary of vandalizing this guy's car....

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
I'm inclined to go with this theory. Probably some drunk bastard still amped up from the TT vs. UT game...Gary?

In all seriousness that sucks bro. Hopefully they get her fixed up good as new
Old 9/20/10, 04:00 PM
Post *****

Hey! I already accused Gary of vandalizing this guy's car....
I don't know why anybody would do that to anyone's car, but why would a Texas fan do it. Texas won. Tech lost. Talk about being a sore winner.

I've given up trying to discern why stupid ******** do what they do. I mean short of sleeping with the guys wife, what the hell could a person do to deserve this kind of punishment. That Pulp Fiction scene was absolutely right. You just don't do these kinds of things.

When I think about it it just makes me feel sick. I worry because my Raptor is parked outside because I only have a 2 car garage now and before I had a 3 car garage and all of that was behind a gate. There was a story on the Raptor forums of some elderly woman in a Nissan **** box giving t a Raptor owner a yelling while parked at a light. She was complaining about the gas it uses and he rolled his window up to ignore her. Well she hadn't gotten her satisfaction yet so she then threw her coffee on the side of his truck. WTF! She's lucky he didn't run over her **** with her in it.
Old 9/20/10, 04:40 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I don't know why anybody would do that to anyone's car, but why would a Texas fan do it. Texas won. Tech lost. Talk about being a sore winner.

I've given up trying to discern why stupid ******** do what they do. I mean short of sleeping with the guys wife, what the hell could a person do to deserve this kind of punishment. That Pulp Fiction scene was absolutely right. You just don't do these kinds of things.

When I think about it it just makes me feel sick. I worry because my Raptor is parked outside because I only have a 2 car garage now and before I had a 3 car garage and all of that was behind a gate. There was a story on the Raptor forums of some elderly woman in a Nissan **** box giving t a Raptor owner a yelling while parked at a light. She was complaining about the gas it uses and he rolled his window up to ignore her. Well she hadn't gotten her satisfaction yet so she then threw her coffee on the side of his truck. WTF! She's lucky he didn't run over her **** with her in it.
Lakers fans riot whenever we win championships. don't know why. I think its that perfect combination of being intoxicated, plus that extra sense of euphoria when your team wins that could make somebody do something this stupid.

I could see it now. A drunk group of idiots stumble out of some guy's apartment after the Longhorns win. Everybody screaming, "F$%^ yeah!! We won!!" Then some idiot greater than them all yells, "Hey that car's got a Texas Raiders sticker on it! F$%^ Texas Tech!!" "Yeah, lets F$%^ this car up!"

And I would have DESTROYED that old lady in the Nissan Cube lol
Old 9/20/10, 07:21 PM
bob
Legacy TMS Member

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by Fazm
want to borrow one?

Ordinarily I dont condone this sort of thing but "HELL YEAH"although to be frank, you solution is entirely underwhelming when what the situation really calls for is this!

And hats off to my fellow posters, unlike some knucklehead at Camaro5 saying he wouldn't park next to a Mustang because all Mustanger's would "do this sort of thing". I didn't see any reference to the vandalism probably being commited by a jealous Camaro owner.

Last edited by bob; 9/20/10 at 07:25 PM.
Old 9/20/10, 07:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Dude..WTF?

I can't believe someone would do something like that to your car.

Hopefully in the end everything goes back to normal without too much out of pocket for you.
Old 9/20/10, 10:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Wow! I'm truly sorry to hear and see such a terrible act... I feel for you, really!

Hopefully everything turns out well and they catch those ba$tards! If one just could "key" THEM in return for their acts...
Old 9/21/10, 07:51 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Fazm
want to borrow one?
MMmmmm Springfield XD

Originally Posted by bob
Ordinarily I dont condone this sort of thing but "HELL YEAH"although to be frank, you solution is entirely underwhelming when what the situation really calls for is this!

And hats off to my fellow posters, unlike some knucklehead at Camaro5 saying he wouldn't park next to a Mustang because all Mustanger's would "do this sort of thing". I didn't see any reference to the vandalism probably being commited by a jealous Camaro owner.
Ahh yes, the Streetsweeper, very nice. While I could make this list very long, OP I suppose you should have opted for the Rambo package instead of the Brembo package. Complete with Vietnam era M60 machine (crew served) weapon.
Old 9/21/10, 09:42 AM
Cobra Member

Dude I'm reallly sorry to see what happend to your ride man. This is one of my biggest fears and being a huge sports entusiast myself (Especially a SF Giants fan in LA) I would never put anything on my car so that other people can find a excuse to trash my car. I really hope you are able to go through your insurance and it looks good as new. Good luck to you.

Lakers fans riot whenever we win championships. don't know why. I think its that perfect combination of being intoxicated, plus that extra sense of euphoria when your team wins that could make somebody do something this stupid.

I could see it now. A drunk group of idiots stumble out of some guy's apartment after the Longhorns win. Everybody screaming, "F$%^ yeah!! We won!!" Then some idiot greater than them all yells, "Hey that car's got a Texas Raiders sticker on it! F$%^ Texas Tech!!" "Yeah, lets F$%^ this car up!"

And I would have DESTROYED that old lady in the Nissan Cube lol
I was watching the riot last year and on KCAL i saw them (rioters) going through the streets and a yellow lambo rolls by and is stuck in traffic and the rioters were harassing the lambo and they even put some traffic cones on his car, I have no idea what I would of done in a position like that.
Old 9/21/10, 10:23 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by DaSFGiants4Life
Dude I'm reallly sorry to see what happend to your ride man. This is one of my biggest fears and being a huge sports entusiast myself (Especially a SF Giants fan in LA) I would never put anything on my car so that other people can find a excuse to trash my car. I really hope you are able to go through your insurance and it looks good as new. Good luck to you.

I was watching the riot last year and on KCAL i saw them (rioters) going through the streets and a yellow lambo rolls by and is stuck in traffic and the rioters were harassing the lambo and they even put some traffic cones on his car, I have no idea what I would of done in a position like that.
Did you see what they did to that taxi bro? Completely destroyed it. The Lakers owner gave the taxi driver an extra $10k just because it was so bad.

Good call not putting any SF Giants stuff on your car
Old 9/21/10, 11:23 AM
Cobra Member

Did you see what they did to that taxi bro? Completely destroyed it. The Lakers owner gave the taxi driver an extra $10k just because it was so bad.

Good call not putting any SF Giants stuff on your car

Yeah the taxi guy got his rear door kicked in and that was horrible, I think there were people in there too and they bailed from the taxi. At least the lakers compensated for the destruction.

I also remember this guy (dont remember the car) but the dude actually got out of his car and was saying stuff to them, I seriously thought he had a gun on him or was a dead man. Those riots are extreme. Just goes to show u how any crazy people are out there and put them together you have chaos.

Ya most def will not be putting no sports teams on my car.
Old 9/21/10, 11:47 AM
MOTM Committee Member

Old 9/21/10, 02:38 PM
Cobra R Member

I'd love an aa12 but cant buy one. M60? Mac10? Fn90? In stock lol. Nice to be a gun nut in az. Don't even need a permit to conceal carry. I've even walked around with my desert eagle concealed

Last edited by Fazm; 9/21/10 at 02:41 PM.
Old 9/21/10, 05:04 PM

Some knuckleheads decided to knife four tires and key the entire left side of my 70 mustang one night when it was parked at the curb. I learned something though - jerks like these usually return to the scene of the crime in daylight so they can see what kind of damage they did. Keep your eyes open...
Old 9/21/10, 05:09 PM
GT Member

UPDATE: They were able to pull prints off of the drivers side window, but the prints are not in their system. If the guy is taken in for anything in the future, his prints are tagged to this case number. So I guess thats better than nothing.

As for paint, Friday I am taking it to a few shops in Houston for estimates. I called Allstate yesterday and they told me to get estimates first since I have a $1000 deductible.

If you guys have any advice on handling this, I would appreciate it. I am not comfortable at all with only the drivers side of the car being repainted and feel like its gonna be impossible to get insurance to cover all of that. At minimum I want a new coat of clear along with a wetsand/buff job. I'm not worried about the color matching, but more so the orange peel and how the different paints will wear over the years.

Also, I'm leaning more towards going to the dealer I bought the car from to do the work...I trust them a little more to get the car taken apart and put back together better. Additionally, Porsche, BMW, Jaguar, and Audi dealer close by use my dealer's body shop for all of their work...I think it would be hard to let ****ty paint pass on a Porsche of all things.

Each shop I go to I am gonna request to see their previous, recent work in person.

Sooo until Friday thats where I'm at. I'm still weighing getting a custom job of sorts.

Thanks again everyone for the support! Glad to know I have an online army if needed atleast
Old 9/22/10, 09:47 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I doubt it. Now maybe an Aggie might, but he'd have to master the use of rocks as tools first.

Lets not get started on that crap or Ill have to find the pics of the Tech fans throwing paint at the Texas equipment truck or the double T's that got spray painted all over A&M's campus.
Old 9/22/10, 09:51 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Stormbringer
Lets not get started on that crap or Ill have to find the pics of the Tech fans throwing paint at the Texas equipment truck or the double T's that got spray painted all over A&M's campus.

I know. Those guys in Lubbock have nothing better to do anyway. When they get bored with their sheep they look for other avenues of fun.

Quick Reply: I'm going to be sick...my car was vandalized last night =(