2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Good lord I can't handle this seatbelt, its sawing into my neck!

Search this Thread

Old 8/5/14, 12:21 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Reid615
May be retarded . But I wear it through wk in semi an see me pep drinking an driving on road every wk . An normal day dreamers texting in hammerlane.
Really what's the difference from car an riding motorcycle over 100 with no seat belt an consider the states u don't have to wear a helmet .

Everyone has their opinions .
Originally Posted by devilcaninex
This reads awesome in a Jamaican accent
ya, Mon. me thinkin' da same ting!

I also don't recall the last time I wore a full face helmet and armored jacket and pants in my mustang.
Old 8/5/14, 12:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
we put on around 1,300 KM from this Saturday to Monday on our drive to the states... we seen A LOT of motorcyclists on the roads around town and on the Interstate highways. It was a first for me, never seen a motorcyclist riding without a helmet, ever. I think it's risky business no matter how safe they are riding. They can keep their bikes in control (as long as nothing mechanically happens inhibiting them from controlling their bike) or from someone hitting them while they aren't paying attention. But from ALL of the riders we did see. They were all respectable and obeyed the law. I'm sorry to say.... we have a lot worst drivers in Canada than in the States. Canadians don't know what it means when we say that the Left lane is a PASSING lane. Canadians love to sit in the left lane doing 110, 120km/p and do not move over for others actually trying to PASS.
No, they do that in CA too. I spend my morning and evening commutes weaving in and out of clusterf*cks of traffic filler clogging up ALL the lanes all going 10 under inches from each other because it makes them feel "comfortable." Then I get to enjoy about 10 seconds of empty road until the next clusterf*ck of retards who think it's safe to drive 4-5 wide, 20-30 cars deep inches away from each other. They're all Hondas, Toyotas, Hyundais and Kias, all with Garmin GPS units tacked onto their windshields with the power cable running across their dash because, you know, they might get lost on their daily commute to/from the SAME exact places. That is the reason there are so many accidents around here - one idiot makes a stupid mistake or has a blowout, takes out 2-3 cars with them, then shuts down the highway for hours so everyone can slow down and gawk at the accident. Or they just sit in the middle of the road with minor fender benders blocking 2-3 lanes of traffic, when they could just pull off the freeway.

I forgot, yesterday I was taking the side streets home to avoid the idiots mentioned above, and some douchebag mid-level manager was blocking the right turn lane at an intersection with his broke-down BMW X5. He had 4-5 traffic cones surrounding it and was on the phone - I wanted to yell "push your piece of sh*t out of the way!!!" but he looked to scrawny to do so, and even then, being a BMW, it probably had something in the drivetrain lock up, making pushing it impossible, so I refrained.
Old 8/5/14, 12:40 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by laserred38

No, they do that in CA too. I spend my morning and evening commutes weaving in and out of clusterf*cks of traffic filler clogging up ALL the lanes all going 10 under inches from each other because it makes them feel "comfortable." Then I get to enjoy about 10 seconds of empty road until the next clusterf*ck of retards who think it's safe to drive 4-5 wide, 20-30 cars deep inches away from each other. They're all Hondas, Toyotas, Hyundais and Kias, all with Garmin GPS units tacked onto their windshields with the power cable running across their dash because, you know, they might get lost on their daily commute to/from the SAME exact places. That is the reason there are so many accidents around here - one idiot makes a stupid mistake or has a blowout, takes out 2-3 cars with them, then shuts down the highway for hours so everyone can slow down and gawk at the accident. Or they just sit in the middle of the road with minor fender benders blocking 2-3 lanes of traffic, when they could just pull off the freeway.

I forgot, yesterday I was taking the side streets home to avoid the idiots mentioned above, and some douchebag mid-level manager was blocking the right turn lane at an intersection with his broke-down BMW X5. He had 4-5 traffic cones surrounding it and was on the phone - I wanted to yell "push your piece of sh*t out of the way!!!" but he looked to scrawny to do so, and even then, being a BMW, it probably had something in the drivetrain lock up, making pushing it impossible, so I refrained.
I concur. ^This man definitely lives in California lol. Never once have I met a stranger down here in Cali that knows the left lane is the passing lane. Every-single-day I have someone stuck at 50mph in the "fast lane". Usually they have their cellphone out as an added bonus.
Old 8/5/14, 12:46 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Cops here will pull people over for driving too slowly in the passing lane.
Old 8/5/14, 01:15 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Cops here will pull people over for driving too slowly in the passing lane.
In most states this is true. Not in CA. The problem is, they don't just hog the left lane - they hog ALL lanes. If you're all going to go the same speed, why can't you just do it in ONE lane, single file?!?!?

My idea has always been to have speed limits for each lane, minimum speds, instead of maximum, and do away with "commuter lanes."

Lane 1 = 80mph
Lane 2 = 70mph
Lane 3 = 60mph
Lane 4 = 50mph for trucks and super hypermilers

Old 8/6/14, 08:27 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by berzerk_1980
Grifftech, I have the same problem (6', 300lb) and I hate to say that Rather B. Blown is right.

It is immediately apparent in this video I saw on Reddit. A tiny dude gives a giant a lift in his GT500...

Next door Neighbors Reaction to GT500: http://youtu.be/7LFviiJotDo

But you need a short term solution like me. I bought two Sparco seat belt pads from UPR and they work two ways. You can place it where the seat belt meets your neck (thus decreasing the sharp edge), or you can place it across your chest where friction will keep it place for the most part.

I read on another thread (I think here?) that the seat belt extender you can get from Ford for free also helps. I just picked mine up today but haven't had a chance to test it. I will let you know if it works. I believe it might because it allows you to move the attachment point further forward on your body, which is where it attaches for a skinny guy as well...
I've got it! anyone see the movie "Office Space" ... remember that guy that that keeps saying "this is my stapler, I blow up the building..."

and eventually does?

This guy in the video reminds me of him! hahahaha! "Is this thing recording? I'm not a wimp, I have a reputation to uphold! hahaha too funny, good find.

I wonder if there's some sort of clip that can be fabricated or bought that can attached to the lower strap and the shoulder strap to help move that strap away from the neck...
Old 8/6/14, 08:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
I wonder if there's some sort of clip that can be fabricated or bought that can attached to the lower strap and the shoulder strap to help move that strap away from the neck...
Like this?
Amazon.com: Masterlink Marketing 296-bu Black Seatbelt Adjuster, (Pack of 2): Automotive Amazon.com: Masterlink Marketing 296-bu Black Seatbelt Adjuster, (Pack of 2): Automotive
Old 8/6/14, 08:38 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

BINGO!
Old 8/6/14, 10:09 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My issue is not that it rides too high on the neck like that is pictured. Mine comes down on the shoulder as shown. Its the freaking overwound constant tension.
Old 8/6/14, 12:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
6'1" and 275? The answer is either yes, or he has really big traps and is yoked haha
No I don't, I can post a pic if you would like.
Old 8/6/14, 12:56 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Grifftech
No I don't, I can post a pic if you would like.
Lol I was just messin with ya
Old 8/6/14, 12:59 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lol I was just messin with ya
It's like 1/2 and extra chin
Old 8/6/14, 01:56 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If the back of your neck feels like a package of hotdogs, the seat belt will probably be uncomfortable.
Old 8/6/14, 01:57 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Grifftech
It's like 1/2 and extra chin
Lololol

Originally Posted by devilcaninex
If the back of your neck feels like a package of hotdogs, the seat belt will probably be uncomfortable.
but
Old 11/17/23, 07:42 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,157 Likes on 2,311 Posts
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...r-neck-404684/

My Answer Back in the Day!

KC