2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

glass roof?

Search this Thread

Old 7/21/12, 01:36 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
You easily can flip just about anything on a simple embankment. Been there, done that!
Old 7/21/12, 05:18 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't get a glass roof, felt it was simply too much money for that on top of a car I was lucky to afford to begin with.

Now that I've seen a few cars with the glass roof on TMS, I am thinking that if I ever had it to do over I would consider getting the glass roof. Will need to check one out in person. But since I already had a "do-over" last year (sold my PW 2011 GT 'vert 6MT, bought my GB 2012 GT coupe 6AT) I doubt I'll get another do-over any time soon. And IF I did get a do-over, I think the Recaro and Brembo options would have to take precedence over a glass roof...
Old 7/22/12, 12:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
If you are afraid of dying in a hail storm you might want to rethink driving at all. You are far, far more
likely to die driving to the store for milk.
This. If you're in a hailstorm that's powerful enough to punch through a windshield, you've already got way bigger problems than whether the glass roof is going to make it or not.

Besides, people are trying to have their cake and eat it too by saying it'll punch through the roof but not the windshield while they're in it because of the angles. That's only true if the car's not moving, and if you're in your car in a record-setting, football-sized hailstorm and you aren't moving, you are dumb, and pretty much deserve to get what you have coming to you. If you're moving - i.e. trying to get the **** home and out of the hailstorm - then guess what! Your windshield is now perpendicular to the hail, and the roof is at an angle. That's just pretty simple physics.

Therefore, I say again and maintain that being scared of hail is a stupid reason to not get a glass roof.

Originally Posted by Double-EDad
I didn't get a glass roof, felt it was simply too much money for that on top of a car I was lucky to afford to begin with.

And IF I did get a do-over, I think the Recaro and Brembo options would have to take precedence over a glass roof...

I think you're spot-on. I almost didn't get the glass roof because it was so much money, but I figured it was the only new car I was ever going to buy so I might as well splurge. I don't regret the decision one bit.

Of note is the fact that the glass roof really seems to really raise the retail value of the car in the used market. Even after adding tax, tags, title and the cost of a 7-year extended warranty ($1,200) into the loan, it's still less than the KBB dealer trade-in value of the car in good condition. Like, almost $2k less. That makes me a happy camper. This car is holding its value remarkably well.
Old 7/22/12, 03:23 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I have it on my '09 & love it, but I bought the car off the floor. Would I have ordered the car with it? Probably not. I'd probably spend the 2 grand on Nav instead.