Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

ETA of 5/15 (from 5/8)

Search this Thread

Old 5/13/10, 09:02 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by jokerstars
Do you guys usually hand or machine wash? Or does that vary by dealer? Do you claybar or wax?
We hand wash, vacuum and do windows inside and out on every new car. Don't claybar or wax though. Can't speak for any other dealers.
Old 5/13/10, 09:07 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Paul -- all valid points but I don't think you've been to MY dealer where, with the exception of the service department, I see everyone just sitting around if I can even find anyone. Usually they're just talking to each other and BS-ing. I'm certainly not saying if the thing comes in at 5:00 I want to pick it up that day but the gas station is literrally across the parking lot. The car wash is at the dealership. They don't move that many cars there any more. Parking lot used to be jam packed now they take up 4 spaces with every car. Sales staff is down to a couple of "regular" guys and I think the rest are part time. Big building, little operation at this point. Every time I go in there I just think "how long until they fold?" I just walk around waiting to hear crickets.
Honestly that may hurt and not help. You may be dealing with a part time title clerk who isn't there today or who also has to be cashier and receptionist at the same time. Only one detail guy who is also shuttle driver today, etc..

Separate question, why in the world would you want to do business with a dealer that sounds like they may not be around for you much longer? Even if I had to spend a couple dollars more I would rather start a long term relationship with my dealer, salesperson and service department. We have the best service department in town because we are the busiest store in town and can generate enough income to hire the best. A store like you are describing would be lucky to be able to hire Jiffy Lube rejects.
Old 5/13/10, 09:57 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Karpro
Honestly that may hurt and not help. You may be dealing with a part time title clerk who isn't there today or who also has to be cashier and receptionist at the same time. Only one detail guy who is also shuttle driver today, etc..

Separate question, why in the world would you want to do business with a dealer that sounds like they may not be around for you much longer? Even if I had to spend a couple dollars more I would rather start a long term relationship with my dealer, salesperson and service department. We have the best service department in town because we are the busiest store in town and can generate enough income to hire the best. A store like you are describing would be lucky to be able to hire Jiffy Lube rejects.
Only one reason: 4.5 miles away. Next closest is like 15 miles away. I've dealt with 5 local Ford dealers. This one sold me 2 other Fords and I helped my ex-wife and a friend buy one from them as well. The others were too far to go back to or their service sucked (had an audio problem and they told me to "bring it in" only to be told "the audio guy is only here from 1:00 to 2:00 on Tuesdays").

I can walk to/from this dealership if I need to (or use the shuttle). I don't plan to ever see them again except under warranty service because the "face" of the dealership (my sales guy) has been so difficult to deal with. I plan to fill out the purchase survey accordingly and I plan to write the GM a letter as well. Not the GSM, she's useless. I wrote her an email with my concerns and I was ignored after her first, "Sorry I haven't gotten back to you. I was out. How can we help?" I went to the trouble to tell her EXACTLY how to help (wouldn't cost them a dime... just asking for better communication.)

I mean seriously, when you ask a very direct question to a salesman and he chooses to answer something entirely different, what are you supposed to do?!?!? "Paul, what time is it?" You: "I'll get back to you if it's getting late." Really, seriously, I just wanted to know WTF time it was...

I brought my truck in for service -- PAID FOR service -- at the Quick Lane. 8:00 on the dot. Opening. Was told they could get to it around 2:00. Maybe but probably more like 3:00. For an oil change??? I went 3 blocks to a Mobil 1 Quick Lube and had it done in 30 minutes. Twice so far I've done that. Took it in for warranty work and got my free rental. Same day. Thanks. Didn't really fix the problem but quoted me $500 to replace my rear brakes. Um, no thanks. My cost: $172 with "good" brake pads if I do it myself. I paid more for that oil change but my time is more valuable than patronizing some mismanaged Ford dealership.

In fact, I'm so annoyed that I'm going to ask to have my deal moved to another salesman that I actually know has been there 15 years and is somewhat knowledgeable of his product.

Yeah, I'm a little hot about this. I tend to find businesses in my community that I can "stick with" almost always regardless of price as long as I can afford to do business there. But if you can't offer competitive pricing or good customer service, you're just real estate in my way on the way to doing business somewhere else.

</rant off>