Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

ETA of 5/15 (from 5/8)

Search this Thread

Old 5/6/10, 08:49 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by montreal ponies
Thx James. Now if i call that number, do a DORA number can help out in any way finding out at what stage my car is , or do i need a VIN ?
Hey, no problem. I've heard of others calling with their order number and dealer information but VIN is easiest and happens to be what I've used. I've not tried the order number and dealer info method so I can't be sure if that will actually work.
Old 5/6/10, 08:56 PM
Mach 1 Member

Order number and dealer code works. If you dont have a vin they will say "still processing".
Old 5/6/10, 08:59 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by jokerstars
Order number and dealer code works. If you dont have a vin they will say "still processing".
So then useless to call, this won't get me anywhere. Still have to wait for Ford to send the car's VIN back to the dealership.
Old 5/6/10, 10:00 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jokerstars
I ordered on 4/12. Still nothing. I hear VINs/build dates are only updated on thursdays/fridays. True? Did the dealer call you as soon as he got a VIN?

Oh, and...

Yeah, I read in another forum (true or not) that the system is updated on Fridays...

And my dealer still never called to give me my VIN...I had to call Ford
Old 5/8/10, 04:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i called ford and their delivery was today and that didnt happen. the sales manager said next week. thet got their forst 5.0 automatic. it looked good. i looked at the motor and started it. it sounds great.

my eta is 5/11 now. we'll see.
Old 5/8/10, 07:53 PM
GT Member

My dealer gave me the order number and dealer code. Ford CS gave me the VIN and my build date. I call them and not the dealer. When it shows "in transit", I'll be on the dealer's back big time.
Old 5/10/10, 01:28 PM
Bullitt Member

I had a "2nd level" Ford customer service rep contact me today about my order. I was told he would be able to network between my dealer and the production facility in order to acquire some answers on my car's status and ETA.

He said my car is being held up in either production or post production for quality checks. He said I should contact my sales rep for further updates. I informed him my sales rep informed me via "vehicle visibility" that my car was at alliance shipping. The CS rep then said I guess you car is done and awaiting shipment (no ****) but he still could not give me any idea when it would be shipped.

I had a friend call a contact he has at one of the largest ford dealers who is waiting on delivery of a bunch of stock and retail units. According to him the main reason many 2011's are being held is because Ford wants the inventory of the 2010's to decrease first and "There isn't an effen thing we can do about it".
Old 5/10/10, 01:33 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by markski74
I had a "2nd level" Ford customer service rep contact me today about my order. I was told he would be able to network between my dealer and the production facility in order to acquire some answers on my car's status and ETA.

He said my car is being held up in either production or post production for quality checks. He said I should contact my sales rep for further updates. I informed him my sales rep informed me via "vehicle visibility" that my car was at alliance shipping. The CS rep then said I guess you car is done and awaiting shipment (no ****) but he still could not give me any idea when it would be shipped.

I had a friend call a contact he has at one of the largest ford dealers who is waiting on delivery of a bunch of stock and retail units. According to him the main reason many 2011's are being held is because Ford wants the inventory of the 2010's to decrease first and "There isn't an effen thing we can do about it".
Stock maybe... but retail? Don't think so. Ford wants to sell cars. Alienating customers and dealers by holding the 2011's hostage doesn't make one bit of sense.

I'm inclined to think it's QC. And if it's a Sync problem, it's probably that someone forgot to put that little Sync by Microsoft badge on the console and Ford is worried about licensing violations or something equally stupid. (OK, that can not possibly be the reason but "equally stupid" could be.)
Old 5/10/10, 01:46 PM
V6 Member

Stock maybe... but retail? Don't think so. Ford wants to sell cars. Alienating customers and dealers by holding the 2011's hostage doesn't make one bit of sense.
And we know every decision made by a big corporation makes sense.

Ford wants to make as much money as possible and help the Dealers move the 2010's , so I would not put it past them.
They can use the QC or SYNC or whatever excuse they want or even give no information out at all.
Like no ETA date.
The retail ones are sold, Ford knows that the money is theirs as soon as the car gets delivered, so if you delay the 2011's a few weeks to move a few more 2010's that is even more money for Ford and their Dealers.

All I know is my car is going on four weeks sitting in a parking lot now and I find that unacceptable.
Old 5/10/10, 01:55 PM
V6 Member

This is the email I got from ford:
We appreciate your enthusiasm to know the status of your 2011 Ford Mustang GT. However, our records indicate that your vehicle is already in production and the estimated time of arrival at the Dealership is on May 5, 2010. Please be advised that there are a great number of variables that may affect production scheduling and delivery:

> Option packages
> Special powertrain combinations
> Delivery delays of components
> Certification and quality inspections
> Transportation of the vehicle to the specified Dealership

As such, it is not possible to guarantee a specific delivery date. Your sales representative at your selling Dealership is in the best position to track your vehicle order. We recommend contacting the Dealership's Sales Department for further assistance in this matter.

Well as you can guess, this date has come and gone.
Like you I have no idea!
I don't know if it's Ford's fault or the railroad or the trucking.

Last edited by Goldwing; 5/10/10 at 01:56 PM.
Old 5/10/10, 02:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by mfbris

Ford wants to make as much money as possible and help the Dealers move the 2010's , so I would not put it past them.
They can use the QC or SYNC or whatever excuse they want or even give no information out at all.
Like no ETA date.
The retail ones are sold, Ford knows that the money is theirs as soon as the car gets delivered, so if you delay the 2011's a few weeks to move a few more 2010's that is even more money for Ford and their Dealers.

All I know is my car is going on four weeks sitting in a parking lot now and I find that unacceptable.
I feel your pain! When I ordered my salesman told me Ford was going to ship stock units ahead of retail orders. I was recently told they decided on doing this to ensure dealers would have units for people to see and test drive.
Old 5/10/10, 02:23 PM
GT Member

crap

so what your saying is that my ETA of the first week of june is probably ?? AGHHHH...built April 29....oh well
Old 5/10/10, 02:27 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Fastback
so what your saying is that my ETA of the first week of june is probably ?? AGHHHH...built April 29....oh well
Unless things change drastically for the better, it's definitely
Old 5/10/10, 03:00 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by 2011 Fastback
I hope it does get better for you, but I wouldn't hold my breathe.
I ordered:
3/1-GT Prem. 6MT
Old 5/10/10, 03:29 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by mfbris

Like no ETA date.

I agree with Corvettedreamin. To hold back stock units for a while would help dealers clear out some more 2010's. It also lets shoppers who think the 2010 Mustangs are under-powered slip away to Chevrolet. So that part is kind of on the fence. The special orders are something else. Are you telling me Ford is hoping that people who have placed special orders for 2011 Mustangs will give up in frustration and buy 2010 Mustangs instead?

It's my experience that when someone from a car dealership tells you something that's implausible, he's just making something up because he doesn't want to admit he doesn't know the answer.
Old 5/10/10, 04:41 PM
GT Member

I just got a call from my dealer telling me that my car was delivered. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow after work. My GT was built on 4/20. I will be sure to post impressions as soon I get home from the dealer.
Old 5/10/10, 04:46 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by WildPony619
I just got a call from my dealer telling me that my car was delivered. I'm going to pick it up tomorrow after work. My GT was built on 4/20. I will be sure to post impressions as soon I get home from the dealer.
btw my ETA from the Ford 800 number was 5/8 so it was pretty close.
Old 5/10/10, 05:10 PM
V6 Member

I agree with Corvettedreamin. To hold back stock units for a while would help dealers clear out some more 2010's. It also lets shoppers who think the 2010 Mustangs are under-powered slip away to Chevrolet. So that part is kind of on the fence. The special orders are something else. Are you telling me Ford is hoping that people who have placed special orders for 2011 Mustangs will give up in frustration and buy 2010 Mustangs instead?
No. I said the special or retail ordered 2011's are sold and Ford knows that and if they delay the release for a few weeks, more than likely no one will cancel their 2011 order, then the 2010's have a better chance to be sold.

The people who are waiting on their 2011 will just complain a little longer while waiting for their car.

As far as people going to Chevrolet because the 2010 is under powered, a lot people don't even know the 2011 is coming out yet so if they see a price cut in a 2010 they might jump on it.
Old 5/10/10, 05:30 PM
GT Member

I got a call from my dealer today to verify that my car is still at AAI. He was told that a "lot" of
the '11s are being held for quality checks, something to do with the transmissions. The Regional Rep is following up trying to get more information. The car was built 4/6- manual 6 speed. I will post again when I get further info................ waiting just blows ! ! ! ! !

Last edited by postalworker; 5/10/10 at 05:30 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 5/11/10, 08:10 AM
GT Member

Via email my dealer told me yesterday that they finally got a status update on Saturday. My car probably will be in within a couple of weeks.

I'm not sure if he just pulled that out of his backside or he knows it will come in around the ETA and is trying to manage my expectations. I haven't called over the past week to see if my ETA has changed again.

Quick Reply: ETA of 5/15 (from 5/8)