2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

Build, Delivered VIN Sequence

Search this Thread

Old 9/22/10, 09:09 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wow, some of you have been waiting for a long time!
Old 9/23/10, 08:58 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by newpony
My patience is wearing thin
Call my dealer twice yesterday and the didn't return my call

Anyways I just called Ford CS and now my ETA is 10/7/2010 This is not good. By the time the car arrives the $1000 rebate will have expired. It also mean I won't be able to drive my car for long this year before I put it in storage (which I have to pay for because I don't have a garage). I don't see it is worth it for me to buy the car this year. I seriously considering cancelling my order and wait until next year assuming I still want a Mustang. This totally sucks and extremely furious. I guess that is why my dealer didn't return my call.

What sucks is that I had my mod hat on last week and bough two accessories thinking I'll be driving my car this week like my dealer let me to believe

Last edited by newpony; 9/23/10 at 05:12 PM.
Old 9/23/10, 10:58 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Anyways I just called Ford CS and now my ETA is 8/7/2010 This is not good. By the time the car arrives the $1000 rebate will have expired. It also mean I won't be able to drive my car for long this year before I put it in storage (which I have to pay for because I don't have a garage). I don't see it is worth it for me to buy the car this year. I seriously considering cancelling my order and wait until next year assuming I still want a Mustang. This totally sucks and extremely furious. I guess that is why my dealer didn't return my call.

What sucks is that I had my mod hat on last week and bough two accessories thinking I'll be driving my car this week like my dealer let me to believe
Sorry to hear. Do they know where the car is located? My mustang sat in the Bighamton, NY and Ayer, MA rail yards for like 3+ weeks. It was very frustrating so I feel your pain.
Old 9/23/10, 11:50 AM

Anyways I just called Ford CS and now my ETA is 8/7/2010 This is not good. By the time the car arrives the $1000 rebate will have expired. It also mean I won't be able to drive my car for long this year before I put it in storage (which I have to pay for because I don't have a garage). I don't see it is worth it for me to buy the car this year. I seriously considering cancelling my order and wait until next year assuming I still want a Mustang. This totally sucks and extremely furious. I guess that is why my dealer didn't return my call.

I can understand your frustration. Our dealer made multiple promises based on their best guess of an ETA that they were obviously unable to keep, which affected our plans more than once. And somehow it took nearly five weeks from when the car was built until it arrived at the dealer.

All I can suggest is to be as patient as you can, but you also shouldn't feel to bad if you decide you have to walk away from the deal. We came really close to giving up a couple times, and they'll make more.
Old 9/23/10, 05:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

My dealer finally called me today but I let it go to voice mail. At this point I'm only talking to my dealer if they leave a message letting me know the car arrived. The salesman said that the Ford rep, that apperentely was visiting today, checked the system and that it shows the car at the ramp like he told me originally (Ayer or Spencer MA?) and again that the car should be in a day or two. Right, like I haven't heard that before. Ford CS told me my ETA is 10/7 so not sure who to believe but either way I giving Ford/Dealer until next Wednesday. If the car is not at the dealer by then I'm walking away from the deal and try again next year if still interested.
Old 9/23/10, 06:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

I got the call today, Saturday 10:00am i pick it up. I might take a ride up to the dealer tomorrow just to give it a once over. It is 10 weeks to the day from when I placed my order to it landing.
Old 9/27/10, 11:48 AM
Mach 1 Member

My dealer finally called me today but I let it go to voice mail. At this point I'm only talking to my dealer if they leave a message letting me know the car arrived. The salesman said that the Ford rep, that apperentely was visiting today, checked the system and that it shows the car at the ramp like he told me originally (Ayer or Spencer MA?) and again that the car should be in a day or two. Right, like I haven't heard that before. Ford CS told me my ETA is 10/7 so not sure who to believe but either way I giving Ford/Dealer until next Wednesday. If the car is not at the dealer by then I'm walking away from the deal and try again next year if still interested.
Finally got the call I've been waiting for. My car is here, finally!!!!

I'll be able to pick it up either tomorrow or Wednesday. Planning to stop by after work to see my baby.
Old 9/27/10, 06:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Finally got the call I've been waiting for. My car is here, finally!!!!

I'll be able to pick it up either tomorrow or Wednesday. Planning to stop by after work to see my baby.
Nice! Take your camera and post up some pics.
Old 9/27/10, 07:23 PM

Picked up my beautiful new 5.0 on Saturday at 8:30 am. And for a first time manual driver, this car is easy to learn on!
Old 9/27/10, 07:51 PM

For all you people ordering cars: I have a dumb question - Has anyone ordered a GT(not Premium) with 6-speed, leather seats, brembos and 3.55's or 3.73's? I am trying to build a base GT with brembos and a rear end, but want leather - seems like it is not an option to add leather. Thanks!
Old 9/27/10, 09:05 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by monkeystash
Nice! Take your camera and post up some pics.
This is the best I can do right now. Is was raining here in MA and the picture was taken from my salesman's phone camera. It will be sunny on Wednesday so hopefully I can take better pictures using a real camera.
Attached Thumbnails Build, Delivered VIN Sequence-just-arrived.jpg  
Old 9/27/10, 09:33 PM
GTR Member

Originally Posted by blacksheep
For all you people ordering cars: I have a dumb question - Has anyone ordered a GT(not Premium) with 6-speed, leather seats, brembos and 3.55's or 3.73's? I am trying to build a base GT with brembos and a rear end, but want leather - seems like it is not an option to add leather. Thanks!
Can't do it. The base GT is VERY limited on options. You'll have to step up to a GT premium and get the leather as std. equipment, then just add your Brembos & 3.73 to it.
Old 9/27/10, 10:10 PM
Bullitt Member

This is the best I can do right now. Is was raining here in MA and the picture was taken from my salesman's phone camera. It will be sunny on Wednesday so hopefully I can take better pictures using a real camera.
That color and those wheels together are just awesome! Congrats!
Old 9/27/10, 10:24 PM
GT Member

so it might be somewhere but I'm missing it maybe.........where can I go to check the status of my build? I know I am nowhere near completion because I ordered a week ago but when time nears I wanna be able to check. thanks!
Old 9/27/10, 10:45 PM
GT Member

I would love to find out how to check status as well. I ordered 4 weeks ago. The dealer says that the status is "scheduled" whatever that means.

Thanks!
Old 9/28/10, 08:07 AM

Originally Posted by Overboost
Can't do it. The base GT is VERY limited on options. You'll have to step up to a GT premium and get the leather as std. equipment, then just add your Brembos & 3.73 to it.
Thanks...I wish I can see some of the interior pics of the cloth seats - maybe I will head to the dealer for that too.
Old 9/28/10, 08:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

i ordered my car on september 11th, got a call this week that its scheduled to be built the week of october 11th
Old 10/5/10, 07:42 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
My convertible finally arrived and I took delivery last night (in a 3.5 hour ordeal of salesmen and finance people).

Ordered: July 24
Built: September 20
At Dealer: October 1
Picked up: October 4

Got X Plan, $1000 rebate and $750 coupon... very pleased with deal but not with dealer.
Old 10/5/10, 09:46 AM
Mach 1 Member

I took delivery on 9/25! Sorry, I'm late, I know... but I've been enjoying my new Mustang GT. Awesome car... ALMOST worth the wait. Ford needs to get their ordering/delivery system in order. At the very least, a webpage where customers can track their own orders.

Ordered: 6/30
Built:9/1
Delivered: 9/25
Total time from order to delivery: 87 days
Old 10/5/10, 09:47 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
My convertible finally arrived and I took delivery last night (in a 3.5 hour ordeal of salesmen and finance people).

Ordered: July 24
Built: September 20
At Dealer: October 1
Picked up: October 4

Got X Plan, $1000 rebate and $750 coupon... very pleased with deal but not with dealer.
Details?

Quick Reply: Build, Delivered VIN Sequence