2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

Build, Delivered VIN Sequence

Search this Thread

Old 7/29/10, 07:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by csledd
You can't judge people who's getting their cars in 5-7 weeks, I've said this like 15 million times in this thread... it's going to depend on what your dealership is allocated if you ordered 6/1 or later.

It took me about 4 weeks to get a VIN, then another 3-4 weeks for a build date, so yeah.
All right... so I could be waiting one more day or another month, depending on dealer allocation. Well, I'll give them a ring this afternoon, see what's up. At least get the order number.
Old 7/29/10, 09:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Well looks as if my baby might arrive soon. Just called and it was updated yesterday, the car is now in transit and on the way to me
Old 7/29/10, 09:23 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by BlackOut2k11
Well looks as if my baby might arrive soon. Just called and it was updated yesterday, the car is now in transit and on the way to me
Careful about CS and "in transit" statements. To Ford, "in transit" means it's left the factory and is off to the ramp for shipment (or quality checks.) It does NOT necessarily mean it's on a train bound for your dealer.

Get the vehicle visibility report from your dealer and see if there's a rail car # on it.
Old 7/29/10, 10:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin
Careful about CS and "in transit" statements. To Ford, "in transit" means it's left the factory and is off to the ramp for shipment (or quality checks.) It does NOT necessarily mean it's on a train bound for your dealer.

Get the vehicle visibility report from your dealer and see if there's a rail car # on it.
This. My car was sitting "in transit" on Ramp 51 for around three months.
Old 7/29/10, 10:16 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by corvettedreamin

Mine was at Lot 5P Awaiting shipment for a month, and now it's in transit as of yesterday, I'll get a visibility report from my dealer though to see if it has a rail car #.

Mine was on and off ramp 51 before it went to 5P and that was only 2 days it was sitting on 51.
Old 7/29/10, 11:12 AM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by BlackOut2k11
Mine was at Lot 5P Awaiting shipment for a month, and now it's in transit as of yesterday, I'll get a visibility report from my dealer though to see if it has a rail car #.

Mine was on and off ramp 51 before it went to 5P and that was only 2 days it was sitting on 51.
That sounds like GOOD news.
Old 7/29/10, 11:52 AM
GT Member

Hey CD, if you get close to Battle Creek, or Kalamazoo this weekend, let me know. Ronn
Old 7/29/10, 12:16 PM
Cobra R Member

Originally Posted by Ronn
Hey CD, if you get close to Battle Creek, or Kalamazoo this weekend, let me know. Ronn
Ronn -- if I do, I'm lost. I shouldn't be anywhere west of Ann Arbor or south of Traverse City. Everywhere else in the lower peninsula is open.
Old 7/29/10, 12:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

So I called my dealership... no VIN # as of yet. When I asked my salesman if he had an order #, I got an interesting answer: "Honestly, I don't have one." I guess he couldn't be bothered to look it up? I mean, they wouldn't tell me they ordered my car and not have ordered it, correct? That'd just be silly.
Old 7/29/10, 01:03 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by OBleedingMe
So I called my dealership... no VIN # as of yet. When I asked my salesman if he had an order #, I got an interesting answer: "Honestly, I don't have one." I guess he couldn't be bothered to look it up? I mean, they wouldn't tell me they ordered my car and not have ordered it, correct? That'd just be silly.
They should at least have an order number for you. My dealer had one right after they placed the order.
Old 7/29/10, 01:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

He's just being lazy, I noticed my salesman didn't have the order number in his office, he had to go somewhere else to get it, so maybe they keep them in a managers office or something like that.. who knows. But he should be able to give you an order number and their dealer code.

Also, my dealership was able to tell me when they were going to have allocation for my car, they found out through their regional rep from Ford. I didn't get my VIN until the week they said they would have allocation.
Old 7/29/10, 01:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by csledd
He's just being lazy, I noticed my salesman didn't have the order number in his office, he had to go somewhere else to get it, so maybe they keep them in a managers office or something like that.. who knows. But he should be able to give you an order number and their dealer code.

Also, my dealership was able to tell me when they were going to have allocation for my car, they found out through their regional rep from Ford. I didn't get my VIN until the week they said they would have allocation.
Yeah, I figured that he was just being lazy. No logical reason for him not to put the order in... he'd only lose a sale, correct?

Figure I'll take delivery sometime between mid-September and early October. Get to drive it for a month or so, at least.
Old 7/29/10, 01:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Your salesman is just plain lazy. I got to pick my order number when I ordered. So if there is an order, there is an order number. Did he give you the print out of the order sheet? If so, the order number is at the top.
Old 7/29/10, 02:13 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by monkeystash
Your salesman is just plain lazy. I got to pick my order number when I ordered. So if there is an order, there is an order number. Did he give you the print out of the order sheet? If so, the order number is at the top.
No order sheet, didn't think to ask for the DORA when I ordered. Just the carbon copy of the document I signed confirming the price of the vehicle, my $500 deposit, how much I'm putting down, and how much my trade-in is worth.
Old 7/29/10, 02:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

No order sheet, didn't think to ask for the DORA when I ordered. Just the carbon copy of the document I signed confirming the price of the vehicle, my $500 deposit, how much I'm putting down, and how much my trade-in is worth.
If you really want to find out you could call back and ask to speak with his manager and tell him you want the order number and dealer code, then just call Ford CS. Ford CS will see your VIN when it's there.
Old 7/29/10, 03:32 PM
Mach 1 Member

I'll think about doing that if I'm sitting here on 8/30 and still nothing. Then I'll be a lot more concerned.
Old 7/30/10, 01:18 AM
Bullitt Member

Hey, can you add me to the list as well... VIN# 143542 scheduled build date: August 16, 2010.

I'll keep you updated...

Andy
Old 7/30/10, 02:52 PM
Bullitt Member

I think it's me but I can't figure out how to get to the window sticker. Any help?
Old 7/30/10, 03:12 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Fire512
I think it's me but I can't figure out how to get to the window sticker. Any help?
http://fordlabels.webview.biz/webvie...cker.aspx?vin=

Put you VIN after the "=" sign
Old 7/30/10, 04:15 PM
V6 Member

railcar tracking

OK, supposedly my car is on a railcar. I have the railcar number, but the carrier is CN and there is not an obvious way to track it. I tried the CSX number and got that it was on hold in Flat Rock and that CN was its carrier. I then tried the Norfolk Southern number and it also recognized the rail car number but they said it was in Ohio.

Does anybody have any experience tracking rail cars transported by CN? Does it make any sense that CSX or Norfolk Southern would provide tracking information when they are not the carrier (at least yet)? If not, does anybody know how to track via CN without being a business owner that uses its services?

Quick Reply: Build, Delivered VIN Sequence