Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 2/14/12, 11:38 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
A couple of quick notes. Ford is still not scheduling retail orders this week (just stock orders), nor are they scheduling any Mustangs with the GT Track Package (retail or stock orders). This info comes straight from this week's commodities constraint report.
Oh wow, good info Bri. Makes sense that the track pack with its numerous upgrades would take a little longer to assemble. Too bad we make up about 75% of the retail orders in this forum. Guess we just gotta be patient. It should be well worth it!
Old 2/14/12, 11:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Hey Bri, when Ford is ready to start assigning VINs and build dates to retail orders, will Ford pick these retail orders at random or will they generally go by the date the orders were placed?
Old 2/14/12, 11:54 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
Oh wow, good info Bri. Makes sense that the track pack with its numerous upgrades would take a little longer to assemble. Too bad we make up about 75% of the retail orders in this forum. Guess we just gotta be patient. It should be well worth it!
Patience is key! Good news is that some dealer stock GT Track Packs got scheduled before this week, so some are in the works. In fact, I have a stock order GT Coupe (300A, DIB) already scheduled with a VIN that has the the GT Track Pack. It is supposed to built the first week of April. I would be tempted to buy this car for myself, but my wife would kill me if I replaced my '11 5.0L 300A Brembo GT since it only has 7K miles on the odometer!
Old 2/14/12, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Lets hope my timeline is accurate. I heard of a tentative Job#1 date of 5/17 today on my dealer chat forums!!

If this is accurate, and the ship them like they did for the 2011 model year (the 1st year of the changeover to the aluminum block), then the cars will not reach the dealers lots until August maybe. I say this as I had a customer's GT500 (a member on here, WarpedSpazm) ordered and built in April, but the car didn't arrive until 7/1 and he took it home 7/2!! The cars sat for quality control and moved from Ramp 51 to other lots while they checked every car. The delay was very long!!!
Reminds me of my last Mustang order.

I placed the order in August, but I knew that I had included two options that had "late availability" so it was going to take a while to get. As a few weeks passed, I learned from the online forums that these options turned out to be part of "Job 2" with a date of Oct 7. After a few calls to Ford, I subsequently learned that my Mustang was scheduled to be built the week of Oct 7. Obviously, to be built as soon as those two options were released.

On Oct 7, I returned to my office at work and there was a voicemail from my salesman asking me to call him back. I thought he was calling to tell me what I already knew; my Mustang was being built that week. So, I wasn't in a rush to call back.

I finally found a few free minutes to call him late in the afternoon, and to my total surprise, he was calling to tell me that my Mustang just come in!

I can only guess what happened at the factory to cause it to be built sooner. But good surprises happen, which is the point of this story.
Old 2/14/12, 12:04 PM
GT Member

me and like one other guy here lol. I've got a base premium GT in automatic coming with brembo brakes. Hopefully mine comes sooner! lol
Old 2/14/12, 12:04 PM

Hey Bri, when Ford is ready to start assigning VINs and build dates to retail orders, will Ford pick these retail orders at random or will they generally go by the date the orders were placed?
Retail orders are not built in any sequence that will make sense to most people in the business, let alone customers, but it is far from a random process. I hope Jeff chimes in to add to my take on the process....

Scheduling is a convoluted system that has many factors, including such considerations as commodity constraints (does the factory have all the parts & paints to complete a given order), regional allocation (some parts of the country get more Mustangs, and sooner, especially southern states), allocation within each region (bigger stores or stores owed favors by the regional office often get more/sooner allocation within the region's allocation), priority code your dealer assigned to your order vs the other Mustang orders from your dealer (10-85, with 10 being the highest priority a dealer can assign), etc.

Each week on Thursday, the Ford order banks churn through all the orders nationwide, dividing up allocation by region, then down to the store level, looking for buildable vehicles, then narrowing down those with the best priority code assigned by each dealer. Some dealers get zero scheduled in any given week, while others may get several. There's also a monthly sweep of orders, in which Ford tries to schedule any buildable retail orders that weren't scheduled earlier in the month, so once a month Ford cleans house, so to speak, to get retail orders built sooner than later where possible.

Confused? Me too! But, this is the world I live in every day ordering vehicles for our store stock and for customers.
Old 2/14/12, 12:06 PM
GT Member

Retail orders are not built in any sequence that will make sense to most people in the business, let alone customers, but it is far from a random process. I hope Jeff chimes in to add to my take on the process....

Scheduling is a convoluted system that has many factors, including such considerations as commodity constraints (does the factory have all the parts & paints to complete a given order), regional allocation (some parts of the country get more Mustangs, and sooner, especially southern states), allocation within each region (bigger stores or stores owed favors by the regional office often get more/sooner allocation within the region's allocation), priority code your dealer assigned to your order vs the other Mustang orders from your dealer (10-85, with 10 being the highest priority a dealer can assign), etc.

Each week on Thursday, the Ford order banks churn through all the orders nationwide, dividing up allocation by region, then down to the store level, looking for buildable vehicles, then narrowing down those with the best priority code assigned by each dealer. Some dealers get zero scheduled in any given week, while others may get several. There's also a monthly sweep of orders, in which Ford tries to schedule any buildable retail orders that weren't scheduled earlier in the month, so once a month Ford cleans house, so to speak, to get retail orders built sooner than later where possible.

Confused? Me too! But, this is the world I live in every day ordering vehicles for our store stock and for customers.
this is really cool thank you for the insight
Old 2/14/12, 12:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by RiceEatin2000GT
Thanks fir digging that out rice. I dont how I missed that post considering the amount of times I check this thread on my phone per day.
Old 2/14/12, 12:12 PM

Happy to help. I've waited for my own special ordered Mustangs, too, so I'm a customer/enthusiast like everyone else here.

About a year ago I was anxiously awaiting my '11 5.0L Brembo GT's arrival from the factory. It ran a little late (I seem to remember a delay for Brembo GT's) and it was the very last new '11 Mustang to arrive at our dealership (go figure). The car carrier that delivered it to us also had our first wave of new '12 Mustangs for us, so my car truly came at the last minute. A week from today will mark 1 year that I've owned it.
Old 2/14/12, 12:28 PM
GT Member

Happy to help. I've waited for my own special ordered Mustangs, too, so I'm a customer/enthusiast like everyone else here.

About a year ago I was anxiously awaiting my '11 5.0L Brembo GT's arrival from the factory. It ran a little late (I seem to remember a delay for Brembo GT's) and it was the very last new '11 Mustang to arrive at our dealership (go figure). The car carrier that delivered it to us also had our first wave of new '12 Mustangs for us, so my car truly came at the last minute. A week from today will mark 1 year that I've owned it.
its funny you bring this up. When i ordered my 2010 GT i have now i placed the order in late dec when the order banks opened. From what ive been reading it seems that stock orders always come in first typically because they want to make sure everything is good with the new parts etc. My 2010 actually came in before jeffs stock order came in. Any rhyme or reason for this or just luck of the draw?
Old 2/14/12, 12:31 PM

its funny you bring this up. When i ordered my 2010 GT i have now i placed the order in late dec when the order banks opened. From what ive been reading it seems that stock orders always come in first typically because they want to make sure everything is good with the new parts etc. My 2010 actually came in before jeffs stock order came in. Any rhyme or reason for this or just luck of the draw?
I'd say luck of the draw.
Old 2/14/12, 12:37 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Bolson1982
Well, I placed my order on February 3rd, and it looks like being a repeat customer has paid off. I have a tentative build week of March 12th according to Deysha (who is awesome by the way) due to the fact it was placed as a "stock" order
Thanks, Bolson1982!

Deysha
Old 2/14/12, 12:38 PM
GT Member

I'd say luck of the draw.
Old 2/14/12, 01:17 PM
V6 Member

Hi everyone. I'm new to this, and I've searched for my answer but I couldn't find it. For the 2012 Mustang GT it was possible to order the fog lamps on the lower front fascia as an independent option, separate from the California Special package. I don't see that in the order guide provided in this thread. Is this something that is available through the dealer, or is it a special order option that is not available yet?
Old 2/14/12, 01:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Welcome, and I believe it will be an accessory but I might be wrong I tried to order it too but they said they could not. So who knows?
Old 2/14/12, 01:49 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hey Brian, you pretty much covered all the bases!!! I couldn't have said better myself!!
Old 2/14/12, 02:32 PM

Originally Posted by 50_lover
Hi everyone. I'm new to this, and I've searched for my answer but I couldn't find it. For the 2012 Mustang GT it was possible to order the fog lamps on the lower front fascia as an independent option, separate from the California Special package. I don't see that in the order guide provided in this thread. Is this something that is available through the dealer, or is it a special order option that is not available yet?
The GT/CS lower front fascia with fog lamps that you're referring to was only available from the factory on the GT/CS model. Ford's website showed it as an available accessory for standard GTs, but you had to order it from the parts counter and install after-the-fact as it was not available as a factory installed item. Also, Ford's website listed an MSRP for the kit, but that didn't include installation charges. I personally believe that Ford's website should have been much clearer that accessories are dealer installed.
Old 2/14/12, 03:04 PM
GT Member

Is there anyone who didn't get Recaros and the Track Pack... Wow, Ford hit it out of the park with those 2.
I didn't get either of those. I don't think i need all that. I am not going to go to any track. I might time myself on some old straight country road here in Indiana with the track apps. That sounds fun. Really I just want to cruise around and see the sunshine through my glass roof on my beautiful wife and hear my sons in the back seat say go fast daddy. So hurry up and build my car Ford.Happy Valentines day!
Old 2/14/12, 04:15 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by erouch
I didn't get either of those. I don't think i need all that. I am not going to go to any track. I might time myself on some old straight country road here in Indiana with the track apps. That sounds fun. Really I just want to cruise around and see the sunshine through my glass roof on my beautiful wife and hear my sons in the back seat say go fast daddy. So hurry up and build my car Ford.Happy Valentines day!
Where'd you order your car? I just ordered mine this past Saturday from Ray Skillman down in Greenwood...
Old 2/14/12, 04:33 PM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by erouch
Me neither, But had to have the Brembo in DIB with manual and yes Nav more for the other stuff it gives. I preferred the heated seats as this will see snow but with a set of applicable shoes for the winter. ordered in Mid Jan, sold the 99 BWM last weekend so using my spare TJ until it arrives.

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists