Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 2/17/12, 03:22 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dogiebitt
How is the over the top racing stripe put on the car? It's not under the clear coat?
Originally Posted by JJZ109
It is on top of the clear coat and it can be easily removed.
How durable is it then? Is this the reason I don't see many mustangs with stripes? I have pin striping down the side of my eclipse, and it's under the clear coat.
Old 2/17/12, 03:45 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

How durable is it then? Is this the reason I don't see many mustangs with stripes? I have pin striping down the side of my eclipse, and it's under the clear coat.
I've had two mustangs with factory stripes. One for 3 years and the other for 4 years. Weekly trips thru automated car washes and daily drivers. Absolutely zero problems with the stripes on my stangs.
Old 2/17/12, 03:55 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
I've had two mustangs with factory stripes. One for 3 years and the other for 4 years. Weekly trips thru automated car washes and daily drivers. Absolutely zero problems with the stripes on my stangs.
Thanks. I don't go to auto carwashes and don't live in harsh winter weather so they should hold up good then.
Old 2/18/12, 12:09 AM

I ordered a 2013 V6 coupe with the performance package in gotta have it green just 3 days ago. I also ordered a set of oe wheels and a/s tires for when the weather isn't so nice here in MN, since I doubt "summer only" 255/40/19's are going to do me much good in any normal winter.
This will be Mustang #8 for me stemming all the way back to a 1970 fastback, 1974 Ghia, 1979 GT, 1983 GT, 1984 SVO, 1989 Saleen, 1993 Saleen..........So it has been a long hiatus since I have had myself a Mustang...Wives (now ex wives) prevented my fun.
Looking forward to its arrival but not the seemingly long wait.

I was very happy with looking at some information on this site pre purchase and tonight for about 3 hours...I see I can waste many an hour reading and catching up
Old 2/18/12, 12:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Riverszzr
I ordered a 2013 V6 coupe with the performance package in gotta have it green just 3 days ago. I also ordered a set of oe wheels and a/s tires for when the weather isn't so nice here in MN, since I doubt "summer only" 255/40/19's are going to do me much good in any normal winter.
This will be Mustang #8 for me stemming all the way back to a 1970 fastback, 1974 Ghia, 1979 GT, 1983 GT, 1984 SVO, 1989 Saleen, 1993 Saleen..........So it has been a long hiatus since I have had myself a Mustang...Wives (now ex wives) prevented my fun.

I was very happy with looking at some information on this site pre purchase and tonight for about 3 hours...I see I can waste many an hour reading and catching up
+1 on the color! Do you have any stripes ordered on it?
Old 2/18/12, 05:36 AM
Bullitt Member

Agree..
Old 2/18/12, 06:05 AM

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
We always assign priority codes on retail orders on a 'first come, first serve' basis. We have had customers ask to be bumped up, but that's not fair to customers who ordered earlier, so we don't do it. Some dealers might negotiate a priority code with customers, but that's not really fair, IMHO.
I guess I don't see it as unfair at all, since I never ask the dealer to renege on any obligations they might have directly made to their other customers. I am only negotiating the terms for my own deal.

What would be unfair is if your dealership made even one dollar more on one deal, than all others. But I am sure you would never, even, do that.
Old 2/18/12, 07:43 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Walt
I guess I don't see it as unfair at all, since I never ask the dealer to renege on any obligations they might have directly made to their other customers. I am only negotiating the terms for my own deal.

What would be unfair is if your dealership made even one dollar more on one deal, than all others. But I am sure you would never, even, do that.
Walt, its definitely unfair for someone who ordered after others to ask for their priority code to be "bumped up" ahead. I won't even contemplate doing it. Whoever orders 1st, gets the 10, next person 11, next person 12, so on and so on. That's how it is.
Old 2/18/12, 08:00 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 05fordgt

Walt, its definitely unfair for someone who ordered after others to ask for their priority code to be "bumped up" ahead. I won't even contemplate doing it. Whoever orders 1st, gets the 10, next person 11, next person 12, so on and so on. That's how it is.
I'm with you on that one Jeff. I would be pretty cheesed off at my dealer if I was the first retail order in line and I continuously got bumped down through the ranks by other buyers negotiating priority terms. I'm glad to hear this is not a practice commonly carried out at dealerships,
Old 2/18/12, 08:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by pa93cobra
I'm with you on that one Jeff. I would be pretty cheesed off at my dealer if I was the first retail order in line and I continuously got bumped down through the ranks by other buyers negotiating priority terms. I'm glad to hear this is not a practice commonly carried out at dealerships,
I don't even know why Walt would even bring it up and say its no unfair to do this if he was working his own deal! That kind of post doesn't bring anything positive to this thread.
Old 2/18/12, 08:46 AM
GT Member

I just got a call from a local dealership. They said the 2013 mustang price guide isn't available yet but they would let me know as soon as they get it. I told them it came out on the 3rd and i ordered on the 3rd from a different dealership. Ha Ha
Old 2/18/12, 10:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by erouch
I just got a call from a local dealership. They said the 2013 mustang price guide isn't available yet but they would let me know as soon as they get it. I told them it came out on the 3rd and i ordered on the 3rd from a different dealership. Ha Ha
I guess they just didn't want to be bothered with retail orders. Their loss.
Old 2/18/12, 10:43 AM

I ordered (from American Muscle);
Black GT500 10" over the top kit
Black side "c" stripe kit

about $213 all in

Either my salesman didn't know or Ford actually doesn't offer a choice on a V6 coupe in green cept those tiny rocker stripes that standard come black...I'll be taking those off

Like erouch my dealer kept saying they didn't have prices but could order "blind"...finally last Friday they finally said they had prices. I would have ordered that first available order date in Dec if they simply could of told me within $1000 what the price would likely be and what the changes were on a V6 coupe...oh well it is on the way now, well in Apr or May....

Last edited by Riverszzr; 2/18/12 at 10:47 AM.
Old 2/18/12, 02:59 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by Walt

If you're asking for a higher priority number than what you're given, how do you know you're not asking them to drop someone else's order below yours? If they sequence their orders the way Jeff (and from what I understand, most dealers) does, then asking them to bump someone else down the list is EXACTLY what you're doing if you tell them, "I'll pay what you're asking only if you give my car highest priority." Besides, if they'll do that for you, who's to say you won't be bumped by the guy walking into the dealership behind you trying to do the same thing? Or the next ten people ordering a car? What's to prevent them from calling you two weeks later and saying someone else bumped you down, but they'd be willing to move you back up if you come back and renegotiate a price on the order?

Car dealerships would be a thing of the past if they operated on that basis. You would never see an order you placed before the last quarter of production either, unless you "outbid" everyone else for the lowest number. That just doesn't make any sense.
Old 2/19/12, 08:59 AM

The 2013 has some new features that I just couldn't resist any longer.
After drooling over the 5.0 Mustangs for two years, I finally placed my order!
I hope Ford has a good supply of Track Packs and Recaros as it looks like most of the orders on here have them.

GT Premium
Race Red
Track Pack
Recaros
Rear Video Camera
Reverse Sensing & Security package

Time to send a message to Deysha for tracking!
Old 2/19/12, 12:00 PM

Smile Ordered my GT last night

Hey, I couldn't wait any longer and ordered my GT last night. First Mustang and first new car. So I got:

GT Coupe (Sterling Grey)
GT Brake Performance Package
Recaro Leather Sport Seats
6 Speed Auto
Accessory Package 4

The dealership said the the Brembo package isn't available on automatics. It was my understanding that the 13 autos could be ordered with Brembos. Does the 55D option come with the same brakes or do they look different. I understand the track pack is only for manuals. I'm assuming I ordered the same brakes as the track pack? How are the Recaro's for long distance? I'm going to the auto show today to hopefully sit in them and make sure they're comfy. Anyone think the Shaker upgrade is worth it? How hard is it to put in your component system?
Old 2/19/12, 12:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Xabax
Hey, I couldn't wait any longer and ordered my GT last night. First Mustang and first new car. So I got:

GT Coupe (Sterling Grey)
6 Speed Auto
Accessory Package 4

The dealership said the the Brembo package isn't available on automatics. It was my understanding that the 13 autos could be ordered with Brembos. Does the 55D option come with the same brakes or do they look different. I understand the track pack is only for manuals. I'm assuming I ordered the same brakes as the track pack? How are the Recaro's for long distance? I'm going to the auto show today to hopefully sit in them and make sure they're comfy. Anyone think the Shaker upgrade is worth it? How hard is it to put in your component system?

I believe you can get the auto and the brembos now but I was thinking I read somewhere it was late availability.
Old 2/19/12, 03:55 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Xabax

GT Coupe (Sterling Grey)
6 Speed Auto
Accessory Package 4

its def availabe ive got on order a auto car with the 55d package. I didnt hear anything about late avail. my car is at a 10 prority.
Old 2/19/12, 07:43 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Riverszzr

Wow, some nice stories from all those rides, Im sure. Welcome! Youve found a great site and are buying a stang at a great time...enjoy.
Old 2/19/12, 09:58 PM

can one of you guys quote me on two set ups, im trying to keep my ticket under 38k but im not sure what i would be looking at with x plan.
1)300a-gt coupe
43S- sensing and security
457- 3.73s
PRZ- red candy met
55D- brembos
47A- over the top stipes (86x satin black)
945- accessory pkg5
2)400A-gt premium
43S- sensing and security
PQ- race red
47A- over the top stipes (852 white)
55R- track pack
945- accessory pkg5
if you could include reg price and x plan i would luv u long time

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists