2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 2/10/12, 12:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by erouch
Hey what dealership is that? Maybe i should go there and get a mustang.
Gosh, I'm not sure if I should give it since my name is in my username here. I don't want them to get angry with me because 50 people bombard them with a request to buy a 2013 at $1000 under invoice. I will tell you though that I live in Northern Virginia.
Old 2/10/12, 12:10 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by wheelman
I'm paying $50 over invoice and thought that was pretty good. I'd ask the dealership name, but how would that work if they're out of state?
Im paying $120 over with the xplan on a $38649 invoice price. I think thats pretty **** good myself. Especially in this area. So technically im paying $380 under with the rebate. Whatever, all i care about is having my monthly payment under $325.
Old 2/10/12, 12:11 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by larrycohen28

Gosh, I'm not sure if I should give it since my name is in my username here. I don't want them to get angry with me because 50 people bombard them with a request to buy a 2013 at $1000 under invoice. I will tell you though that I live in Northern Virginia.
Haha, Larry Cohen sent me!
Old 2/10/12, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by cinque35
Do they know you're trading in a car? maybe they'll make it up on that end
Actually, they told me to try to sell my car myself because they can't offer me enough for it. I may take their offer anyway though since it would be less of a hassle.
Old 2/10/12, 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
Haha, Larry Cohen sent me!
Perhaps the market I'm in here, or the size of the dealership has something to do with the price, but trust me, I'm thinking it's too good to be true myself which is why I originally asked the question.
Old 2/10/12, 12:15 PM
GT Member

Well on another note, I am so excited about my mustang. I am driving my wife crazy with all the mustang crap i am looking at and talking about. She asked me how my excitement level compares to our marriage and the birth of our sons. To which i replied "well this might cost more".

Last edited by erouch; 2/10/12 at 12:20 PM.
Old 2/10/12, 12:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Well on another note, I am so excited about my mustang. I am driving my wife crazy with all the mustang crap i am looking at and talking about.
Yea my girlfriend is braving my mustang fever as well. Shes a trooper.
Old 2/10/12, 12:26 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well on another note, I am so excited about my mustang. I am driving my wife crazy with all the mustang crap i am looking at and talking about. She asked me how my excitement level compares to our marriage and the birth of our sons. To which i replied "well this might cost more".
Old 2/10/12, 12:45 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Sky Hye
Hey Deysha,

I have my Shelby VIN ready for you. I'll send a PM in a bit.

JK!!! I'm Still waiting......
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Not cool, man.
That was soooo wrong, Sky Hye! SMH!

Deysha
Old 2/10/12, 12:47 PM
Mach 1 Member

OK, 2013 GTs are being ordered and getting build dates. The 2013 GT500 convertible has been revealed at the Chicago Auto Show. RELEASE THE ORDER/PRICE GUIDE FOR THE GT500 ALREADY!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sorry rant over.
Old 2/10/12, 12:53 PM

Hi Deysha,
any vin for me, please ?
Old 2/10/12, 01:17 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you go to truecar.com you can see what the actual dealer cost is for a car. They don't have the 2013 up their yet, but for the 2012, you'll see that the dealer cost is over $1000 less than invoice.
Like Truecar.com is the bible of the industry!! They already have changed their business model as they were considered a "broker' in pretty much every state and were using the term "invoice" which is illegal for advertising purposes in most states. And lets talk about Mr Painter, their CEO and founder. He's a serial entrepenur. He started CarsDirect.com. Took it public, made mega millions on the stock and then sold it and got out and the stock tanked and it took the investors with it If you want, google "Truecar.com and attorney Generals" and you'll get tons of stories about them being shut down for a time being while they revamped their business model. All they did was promote a dealer to sell a car for so low, no one makes anything and several dealers fighting over nothing more than a sale with no profit.

Now, Truecar.com has removed any pricing from their site. Shoppers on their site who request pricing info get a call/email from local dealers and the prices are no longer listed (according to the Automotive News article that just came out).

Last edited by 05fordgt; 2/10/12 at 01:28 PM.
Old 2/10/12, 01:22 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hey Jeff or Bri, how many BRAND NEW cars/trucks does your dealership sell $1000 under invoice per year? Would love to know how common this is.
Short of it being a leftover that has sat for a long time, NEVER!!! If a dealership sold cars at $1,000 under every time, they won't be open more than a month. Some buyers just don't want the dealer to make a penny and IMHO, that's wrong. We are a business and have the right to make a living and I have the right to make a living so I can eat.

Whenever someone comes in and tries this approach with me (buying many hundreds under invoice on a new car that just released, which it doesn't happen all that often), I ask them what they do. If they say they own a business (let's say plumbing), I ask, can they re-do my entire plumbing in my house for their cost prices on labor and materials. They look at me like I'm crazy and say they have to make a profit!! Well.....why am I any different.
Old 2/10/12, 01:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

The actual cost of the car is a lot less than invoice. Ford pays hold back to the dealer for selling the car. Maybe for the 2013 they are offering awesome incentives to the dealer for selling the car. Every car I have ever bought new has always been under invoice.
Larry, there are no incentives for a dealer to sell a brand new 2013 at well under invoice. Yes, there is holdback on a car and that is what the dealer uses to help fund things like floorplan, electric bills, employees salary. I'm done with the whole dealer profit discussion. Any questions on it, send it to PMs. This thread isn't going that way.
Old 2/10/12, 01:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Just got my X-plan PIN and priced insurance... Goin to the dealership tomorrow to order my new baby:

2013 Mustang GT Premium
Sterling Gray
Brembo brake package
3.55 gears
Recaros
Glass roof

***The dealer will also be installing the CS front and rear, shelby spoiler and MGW shifter

I CAN'T WAIT!!!
Old 2/10/12, 01:35 PM
Team Mustang Source

Yea my girlfriend is braving my mustang fever as well. Shes a trooper.
Glad she's braving the fever Brian!!!
Old 2/10/12, 01:55 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Larry, there are no incentives for a dealer to sell a brand new 2013 at well under invoice. Yes, there is holdback on a car and that is what the dealer uses to help fund things like floorplan, electric bills, employees salary. I'm done with the whole dealer profit discussion. Any questions on it, send it to PMs. This thread isn't going that way.
No problem. I didn't mean to stir things up. My original question was about buying a new car through the ordering process because I've never done this before. I just wanted to know if there was anything to watch out for. I'm not lying to exaggerating on the price I got and I didn't know it was THAT good a deal until people started to respond. I still didn't get my original question answered though. Is there anything I should look out for when ordering a car. Based on the price I'm getting, I would suspect there is. That's all I need to know.
Old 2/10/12, 01:59 PM

Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Like Truecar.com is the bible of the industry!! They already have changed their business model as they were considered a "broker' in pretty much every state and were using the term "invoice" which is illegal for advertising purposes in most states. And lets talk about Mr Painter, their CEO and founder. He's a serial entrepenur. He started CarsDirect.com. Took it public, made mega millions on the stock and then sold it and got out and the stock tanked and it took the investors with it If you want, google "Truecar.com and attorney Generals" and you'll get tons of stories about them being shut down for a time being while they revamped their business model. All they did was promote a dealer to sell a car for so low, no one makes anything and several dealers fighting over nothing more than a sale with no profit.

Now, Truecar.com has removed any pricing from their site. Shoppers on their site who request pricing info get a call/email from local dealers and the prices are no longer listed (according to the Automotive News article that just came out).
Didn't know that about Truecar. Thank you. I actually just stumbled upon them. But they do list the dealer's cost there. Are you saying what they are listing is incorrect?
Old 2/10/12, 02:34 PM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by GTskillet
Hi Deysha,
any vin for me, please ?
Not yet, GTskillet.

Deysha
Old 2/10/12, 02:35 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No problem. I didn't mean to stir things up. My original question was about buying a new car through the ordering process because I've never done this before. I just wanted to know if there was anything to watch out for. I'm not lying to exaggerating on the price I got and I didn't know it was THAT good a deal until people started to respond. I still didn't get my original question answered though. Is there anything I should look out for when ordering a car. Based on the price I'm getting, I would suspect there is. That's all I need to know.
just make sure that the bill of sale has the same number he gave you, also if that includes the destination charge of $795 and what admin fee's there are, could be hundreds also

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists