Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by airoscar

V6 Premium
MCA package
Leather Seats
Glassroof
3.31 axle

went with X-plan pricing minus another 1500 (500 being leather seats discount, 1000 being the incentive Ford has right now towards options)

in the end, it's just under $35G with tax. Not a good deal compared with what you can get in the states, but there is not much I can do living in Calgary. I even looked into buying in the states but apparently Ford won't honor the warrenty...

I'm pretty excited, i've always wanted a mustang with glass roof. : D

Hey guys, i have one question though, in the purchase agreement I signed with the dealer, a bunch detailed options are not listed:

For example, it listed "M18 IUP/Leather Discount" but did not list leather seats option on there; and it has "59G Glassroof" listed on there but not the "912 Shaker Audio". But as far as i know, Ford needs the leather seat option on there in order to have the leather discount, and you have to have the shaker audio to get the glassroof, according to the order guide.

The salesman says it's not a problem, because all those things are indeed listed in the vehicle order confirmation. But he did not submit it while i was there, he said he would submit it this morning.

Should I be concerned?

Thanks,

Oscar
No concern. My dealer submitted my order 4 days later.

I was wondering where u got this $1000 rebate idea and this leather seat discount but then you said you're in Canada. Not familiar with the way it works up there bud. Nice car tho.
Old 2/15/12, 03:52 PM
Bullitt Member

Red face

Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
No concern. My dealer submitted my order 4 days later.

I was wondering where u got this $1000 rebate idea and this leather seat discount but then you said you're in Canada. Not familiar with the way it works up there bud. Nice car tho.
I was just more concerned regarding the actual purchase agreement with the dealership not listing a bunch of the options that I ordered. Is there a way to check if Ford did receive an order under my name with all the options I wanted, such as through Deysha?

Old 2/15/12, 05:52 PM
Mach 1 Member

I was just more concerned regarding the actual purchase agreement with the dealership not listing a bunch of the options that I ordered. Is there a way to check if Ford did receive an order under my name with all the options I wanted, such as through Deysha?

Once your dealer submits the order, the next day they should receive a Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement (DORA). This means Ford has received your order and it the next step is formation of a VIN and scheduling. Have them email this to you. The DORA contains your car and all its options with prices. It also has your order number on it which you will need to give Deysha so she can track it. It's gonna be a week or 2 before our retail orders get scheduled so sit tight.
Old 2/15/12, 06:17 PM

can anyone help me out here, im keep looking over the order guide but i cant seem to figure this out. im looking to get a gt/cs but it looks like some of the options i want arent offerd. i see theyre not offering the red candy, even though they did offer it last year, thats something i can live with, i think performance white or DIB would look great. but the other two options im looking at 43s, reverse/security (for the active anti-theft) and 55r arent available with the CS either??? i remember the gt/cs i saw last year was red candy with brembos and 3.73s. i could live with just 3.73s and brembos on their own but it looks like they only option i can get with the CS is gonna be the 3.73s, is this right?
Old 2/15/12, 06:55 PM
Mach 1 Member

As far as I know, 99% sure, you cannot get brembos with CS/GT . Nor could you last year. What you saw might have been a brembo car with a CS/GT fascia or a CS/GT with aftermarket brembos added.
I have a 2011 CS/GT and I ordered it with 3:73. Grid I didn't want a GT509 so bad I would keep it.
Old 2/15/12, 07:09 PM

i saw it at the dealer, and i remember reading the options off the window sticker and in them it had the brembos and 3.73s included, i thought that meant it was ordered like that
Old 2/15/12, 07:20 PM
Mach 1 Member

It might have been and I could be wrong but when I tried to order my CSGT the brembo option was not available with that package.
I ordered my 2011 CSGT, HID, 3:73, shaker 1000. Wanted Brembos but according to the order guide it wasn't available.
Of course it could have changed for 2013 as well. If you can get it, it would be an amazing looking ride.

Last edited by Kpd3014; 2/15/12 at 07:21 PM.
Old 2/15/12, 10:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Thumbs up

Once your dealer submits the order, the next day they should receive a Dealer Order Receipt Acknowledgement (DORA). This means Ford has received your order and it the next step is formation of a VIN and scheduling. Have them email this to you. The DORA contains your car and all its options with prices. It also has your order number on it which you will need to give Deysha so she can track it. It's gonna be a week or 2 before our retail orders get scheduled so sit tight.
Thanks!
Old 2/16/12, 04:25 AM
V6 Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
A couple of quick notes. Ford is still not scheduling retail orders this week (just stock orders), nor are they scheduling any Mustangs with the GT Track Package (retail or stock orders). This info comes straight from this week's commodities constraint report.
What is the difference between a retail and stock order, and how do I find out which one my order is. Also, one dealer's build sheet showed a priority of 99 and the other one was 20. Which of these is better?
Old 2/16/12, 05:24 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 50_lover
What is the difference between a retail and stock order, and how do I find out which one my order is. Also, one dealer's build sheet showed a priority of 99 and the other one was 20. Which of these is better?
a stock order is order type 1 and a retail order is order type 2 (not to sure on those numbers might be backwards someone will chip in)

a stock order is what the dealer would but in some options are not allowed, a retail order for is for customers when a new car comes out ford goes through and pulls stock orders first for QC and such and to make sure everyone gets some to start off with.

priority goes from 1-99, dealers can only assign 10-99 I believe 50 and up means that the car is on hold and will not be build so that mean you would want as close to 10 as you can get, 20 is not to bad i got 15 on mine.
Old 2/16/12, 08:10 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by 50_lover
A retail order is a special order for a specific customer. It is denoted as Order Type 1 on an order sheet and on the window sticker. Other retail orders can be Order Type X and Order Type A for plan buyers who special order.

A stock order is just for dealer inventory. It is shown as Order Type 2. Most cars in dealer inventory for sale started life as a stock order.

Priority Codes are assigned by the dealer so that Ford knows what order to build them in, if possible. 10 means 'build it first.' Then 11, 12, 13, etc. Retail Orders must be 10 through 19. Stock Orders must be 20 through 80. Priority Code 99 means 'do not schedule.' 99's won't be scheduled until the Priority Code gets changed by the dealer.
Old 2/16/12, 08:27 AM

Speaking of the difference between orders.... will you still get dealer incentives/discounts on a retail order? This is going to potentially be the first time I will ever order a car because I think I want the glass roof which most dealers do not stock. Just wondering if I should expect to pay close to msrp on a retail order.
Old 2/16/12, 08:31 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by jagowar
Speaking of the difference between orders.... will you still get dealer incentives/discounts on a retail order? This is going to potentially be the first time I will ever order a car because I think I want the glass roof which most dealers do not stock. Just wondering if I should expect to pay close to msrp on a retail order.
I think you should try to get near invoice. I got my retail for invoice plus $200 plus what ever rebates are available at delivery time.

Last edited by erouch; 2/16/12 at 08:32 AM.
Old 2/16/12, 08:34 AM
GT Member

I got preapproved for an interest rate of 2.66 from my bank. I think this is pretty good. I was just wondering if you guys think ford will have a better interest rate or another bank maybe? This is for a 2013 mustang already ordered.
Old 2/16/12, 08:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
A retail order is a special order for a specific customer. It is denoted as Order Type 1 on an order sheet and on the window sticker. Other retail orders can be Order Type X and Order Type A for plan buyers who special order.

A stock order is just for dealer inventory. It is shown as Order Type 2. Most cars in dealer inventory for sale started life as a stock order.

Priority Codes are assigned by the dealer so that Ford knows what order to build them in, if possible. 10 means 'build it first.' Then 11, 12, 13, etc. Retail Orders must be 10 through 19. Stock Orders must be 20 through 80. Priority Code 99 means 'do not schedule.' 99's won't be scheduled until the Priority Code gets changed by the dealer.
So retail order has high priority than stock orders and will be built first?
Old 2/16/12, 08:48 AM
GT Member

So retail order has high priority than stock orders and will be built first?
I think stock orders go first unfortunatly. Ford probably doesn't want people driving around in new mustangs when everybody else can't go buy one at a dealership since they wouldn't have any yet. Thats my thought.

Last edited by erouch; 2/16/12 at 09:01 AM.
Old 2/16/12, 08:54 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by erouch
I think stock orders go first unfortunatly.
my order says Order Type 2, Priority 80.

is that a stock order or retail order? according to Five Oh Brian it's a stock order. but i dont understand why they have it set up so that Retail order gets priority 10-19, and stock order gets priority 20-80. cos i thought smaller priority numbers are higher priorities.

priority 20 is higher priority than priority 80, or the other way around?

sorry this is all confusing to me.

Last edited by airoscar; 2/16/12 at 08:55 AM.
Old 2/16/12, 08:59 AM
GT Member

my order says Order Type 2, Priority 80.

is that a stock order or retail order? according to Five Oh Brian it's a stock order. but i dont understand why they have it set up so that Retail order gets priority 10-19, and stock order gets priority 20-80. cos i thought smaller priority numbers are higher priorities.

priority 20 is higher priority than priority 80, or the other way around?

sorry this is all confusing to me.
I think order type 2 is stock. Mine is 1. My priority is 19. I would think 80 is bad. But if yours is ordered as a stock order type maybe it will be faster even if it is number 80.
Old 2/16/12, 09:22 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by erouch
I got preapproved for an interest rate of 2.66 from my bank. I think this is pretty good. I was just wondering if you guys think ford will have a better interest rate or another bank maybe? This is for a 2013 mustang already ordered.
Fords interest rates arent that great and if you take em you forfeit your $500 rebate.

What bank gave you a 2.66 interest rate? The best i can get in my area is Chase with a 3.45 and i have a 838 credit score which is near perfect.
Old 2/16/12, 09:30 AM
GT Member

Fords interest rates arent that great and if you take em you forfeit your $500 rebate.

What bank gave you a 2.66 interest rate? The best i can get in my area is Chase with a 3.45 and i have a 838 credit score which is near perfect.
Chase gave me the 2.66 rate. I don't know what my credit score is. They gave me a 1/4 percent for direct withdrawl each month. I have been with them for a long time maybe that helped?

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists