Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists

Search this Thread

Old 2/7/12, 10:40 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by dogiebitt
I see people aren't getting the electronic package on their orders often. Is the nav that bad? I'm considering it. Should I spend that $$ on recaros?
I wouldnt say it is good or bad. If this were say 5 years ago I would have jumped on any on-board nav stuff, but anymore, its in every ipod and smartphone in the universe. I can use that money anywhere else in the build and since the nav is stuck in the car there isnt a big use for it when I can just use my phone to do the exact same thing.
Old 2/8/12, 12:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Fridaze
I wouldnt say it is good or bad. If this were say 5 years ago I would have jumped on any on-board nav stuff, but anymore, its in every ipod and smartphone in the universe. I can use that money anywhere else in the build and since the nav is stuck in the car there isnt a big use for it when I can just use my phone to do the exact same thing.
So without the Electronic Package, you just get a single disk faceplate with the stereo right? I didn't realize that you don't get MyFordTouch on the Mustang, I thought it was standard with Navi packages across the Ford lineup. That plus the point about phones being used as navigation devices kinda makes me see why the electronic package isn't all that great. Recaro's it is then! My butt will be happy.

Kinda stupid how Ford lumps these two options into the same line
"• Dual-zone Automatic Temperature Control – with HD Radio™" <-- What? lol
Old 2/8/12, 05:34 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by 2 Go Snake
Kobrag, I was wondering what color interior you ordered. I have the red seats and red door inserts on my 2007 GT and really like how well the interior looks.
what Brian said recaros are only available in the dark charcoal color.

ya that is extremely stupid, doesn't all cars these day at or near 30-40k have dual-zone climate control (pretty sure the f150s do). also does that mean the normal radio is not an HD radio?

Last edited by Kobrag; 2/8/12 at 05:35 AM.
Old 2/8/12, 05:34 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yea what he said. Who needs to pay that much for nav when we have a pretty **** good app on our iphones for free. The update gives us different routes now too.

I wouldnt say the recaros are a must have for me. Probably the most expendable option of the 3. GT Track pack is a must have. When they look at this car at an auction 30 years from now, cars equipped with the track pack are gonna be highly sought after. Im sure its gonna completely change the entire feel of this car. Id also put the glass roof above recaros. There isnt a single mustang owner with a glass roof that regrets his decision. They rave about it and they ALWAYS say passengers are quick to compliment. I bought recaros for the name, ooooo ahhhh factor and to help keep my girlfriend planted in here seat when i get that stang sideways. But i feel i may have sacrificed a little comfort. Wont know till i take the long trip to OC MD this summer.
Old 2/8/12, 05:41 AM
Mach 1 Member

3 things i left out bout the glass roof: It adds head room and for a 6'3" dude like me thats a plus, creates a more open/bigger feeling cabin, and the 20 lbs added is negligible when it only ticks off a 0.02 second in your 1/4 mile.
Old 2/8/12, 06:30 AM
GT Member

I agree. Granted Im not a Ford Company Exec but I would think (at least for myself) rather than chunking some of these options into weird packs if they offered them all individually people would buy more smaller options than one large one.

The track pack makes perfect sense, its all about road performance.

The 401A is all about interior looks

In a perfect world I would like to be able to get a GT Prem w/cloth recaros, essentially being able to mix and match. Granted most dealerships prob wouldnt carry weird combos like that, but if you can order it, why not?
Old 2/8/12, 06:44 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Bolson1982
PM sent to Deysha for tracking info for my order
Cool, Bolson1982! I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Originally Posted by GTskillet
Hi 05FordGT,
Im new here and just ordered a GT. Could you check/track it for me?
Originally Posted by 05fordgt
Hey bud, welcome to the site. Lots of great great people on here!! In regards to tracking it, sadly, I cannot do this, as the only cars dealerships can track are their own orders. That is where Deysha comes in. If you PM her your order number, she can follow its progress and give you updates.
Thanks, 05fordgt!
PM me with your dealer's name and order number when you're ready, GTskillet.

PM that order number and the name of your dealership to Deysha and she will track it for you and update the status periodically.
+1 dogiebitt
Originally Posted by Kobrag
Just got back from dealer and ordered:

Black gt coupe, manual,track pack and recaros.
Congrats, Kobrag! Just call your dealer and ask him for the order number and PM me with it and your dealer's name.

Originally Posted by 1992chpb4c
I also put a deposit down today but on a Boss.
I guess this would make me number 3...
Ordered mine this evening!!!
Originally Posted by bpmurr
My Boss is scheduled for 3/5/12.
Woo Hoo!! Congrats, guys!! PM me so I can track your orders for you!

Originally Posted by pa93cobra
The DORA will have the order number that you can provide to Deysha to track your order.
+1 pa93cobra

Originally Posted by kcoTiger
The recaros, to me, are a must. I'm still waiting on a response from Deysha about the electronics package.
I sent you a PM, kcoTiger.

Originally Posted by RiceEatin2000GT
just confirmed my order today with jeff.
Awesome! Congrats, RiceEatin2000GT! PM me so I can track your order as well.

Deysha
Old 2/8/12, 06:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Anyone that know what the Priority number actually means care to chime in?
Originally Posted by RedCandy5.0
Im pretty sure you are the 10th car ordered. When i did my '11 mine was 2.
Originally Posted by erouch
Mine is priority 19. I don't know what that means though.
Originally Posted by VegasGold
The lower your number the better. Every dealer has different number they start at. Some start at 10, some at 15 etc. When Ford picks your dealer for an order, they look at the lowest number in the system for that dealership. The lower your number the sooner it will be pulled for build.

If you have a number of 50, you may never get it built. They usually start around 10. Not always. That is how I understand it...Hope it helps.
This Boss has a priority code of 01, so what does that mean?
Priority is when the cars are to be built in order. 01-09 is saved internally for Ford. 10 is the best you can be for a "retail" order. Stock units start at 20 and go up. If an order is 50 or more, it won't get pulled. Once a car is scheduled,the priority may change to a single digit number. That means its being built soon.
Old 2/8/12, 06:53 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
Im trying to understand what the order number in the top left corner of our vehicle order confirmation sheet means. I do not believe thats our actual order number for tracking. Mine is 1234. Any one know what this means?
The order number is just a number that the dealer used to put in for the car to be built. Its its tracking number too. Usually, we use a sequential number. I started this year's cars with 3450 and go up one # for each order.
Old 2/8/12, 06:57 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by nickt916
thank you for the info, i told my dealer/manager there is a $500 rebate after he said there is no $1000 anymore and he said he doesn't know where i saw that, can someone please provide a link to that please? i saw a lot of comments about the rebate but didn't see any links to it.

i asked him again if i can order it and said i was confused with his answer, and he said pretty much the same thing
"Stock orders are being built starting 02/27. Customer special orders are being built mid-March. They are input separately."

i don't quiet understand what he means, we know that date, but he's not saying if i can or can't order it right now, a bit confusing.

He gave ma a OTD price, can someone chime in and let me know if this is the best price i can possible get? i live in CA, so all taxes and dmv fees are applied at with the OTD price if I'm correct?

GT 6speed - OTD $32,093
with recaros - OTD $33,629

Invoice price is $27,952

is $4,141 a bit high above invoice with all of the CA taxes and fees, or can i benefit a bit more with the X-plan ?

thanks guys, this would be my very first new mustang purchase, i surely want to get a good deal so i can later start modding a bit as i save more $
Hey Nick, give me a call. Number is in my sig below. I'll be happy to answer your questions
Old 2/8/12, 07:09 AM
Team Mustang Source

The recaros, to me, are a must. I'm still waiting on a response from Deysha about the electronics package. I left her a PM about 4-5 days ago and still haven't heard anything. At this point I'm leaning towards forgoing it because it sounds like it doesn't really do a *whole* lot more than my iphone does already. If that's the case, I'd rather save the money. But again, I've not heard from Deysha so I don't really know what it includes. It might be worth it, I just don't know.
So without the Electronic Package, you just get a single disk faceplate with the stereo right? I didn't realize that you don't get MyFordTouch on the Mustang, I thought it was standard with Navi packages across the Ford lineup. That plus the point about phones being used as navigation devices kinda makes me see why the electronic package isn't all that great. Recaro's it is then! My butt will be happy.

what Brian said recaros are only available in the dark charcoal color.

ya that is extremely stupid, doesn't all cars these day at or near 30-40k have dual-zone climate control (pretty sure the f150s do). also does that mean the normal radio is not an HD radio?
The Electronics package is a conundrum for alot of people. If I was ordering a car, I would get it, as I like the screen and the dual zone climate. But it does things some people forget about. Its a jukebox and can store CDs. I know this is "old tech" but its still pretty cool. It holds 2,400+ songs, and it plays DVD!! I like the DVD function. If I'm out somewhere and I have time to kill, I'd put in a movie for a little while. Plus you get HD radio, which is nice. And the iTunes tagging feature is neat. The map, while antiquated, still works nice (but I'd rather use Google on my Nexus). Its a nice package, I just wish it was cheaper or that Ford put the dual-climate standard in premium cars now. :nce:
Old 2/8/12, 07:28 AM
Mach 1 Member

The order number is just a number that the dealer used to put in for the car to be built. Its its tracking number too. Usually, we use a sequential number. I started this year's cars with 3450 and go up one # for each order.
Thanks Jeff.
Old 2/8/12, 07:40 AM
Bullitt Member

PM sent Deysha, thanks.
Old 2/8/12, 07:44 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yea me too Deysha.
Old 2/8/12, 08:18 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by bpmurr
However, let's not pretend that hold back money is the only income that pays the bills. There are incentives for sales of a particular vehicle and other programs a dealer can earn money from. If it was just hold back money I'm not sure why a dealer would even sell new cars.
The reason they want to sell new cars, is credibility. Would you rather buy a used car from a franchised dealer or some corner used car store? Exactly!!! But if you can, please enlighten me on these "programs"!!! I can tell you right now, there are no "Incentive" programs, at least in my region, that Ford gives us money on right now after the fact. Years ago, yes, that "Blue Oval Certified" program did give money to dealers who met certain criterias in sales, service CSI, etc. But that program went away years ago and with it, the money. If you want to discuss this further call me, or PM me. This thead isn't going this way!!

Last edited by 05fordgt; 2/8/12 at 08:26 AM.
Old 2/8/12, 08:23 AM

Hi Deysha,
just PM'ed you.
You rock!!!
Old 2/8/12, 08:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
To Jeff and Deysha both, thanks for the info on the electronics package. Deysha, I sent you a pm.
Old 2/8/12, 08:47 AM
Team Mustang Source

Which one did you go with again?
I have a Regular GB Boss with the Recaro Seats. However, it's the backup in case the GT500 is crazy expensive. I'd much rather have the Shelby.
Old 2/8/12, 08:52 AM
Team Mustang Source

The Electronics package is a conundrum for alot of people. If I was ordering a car, I would get it, as I like the screen and the dual zone climate. But it does things some people forget about. Its a jukebox and can store CDs. I know this is "old tech" but its still pretty cool. It holds 2,400+ songs, and it plays DVD!! I like the DVD function. If I'm out somewhere and I have time to kill, I'd put in a movie for a little while. Plus you get HD radio, which is nice. And the iTunes tagging feature is neat. The map, while antiquated, still works nice (but I'd rather use Google on my Nexus). Its a nice package, I just wish it was cheaper or that Ford put the dual-climate standard in premium cars now. :nce:
It all depends on how much you drive the car and how long you plan to own it. My 2010 GT500 had the electronics package as well as my 2010 SHO. I decided against it in my 2011 GT500 and will be doing so again if I go 2013 GT500. The only thing I really liked was the climate control which honestly should be standard on a 2013 car in this price range. I think $2400 is just too much for what you're getting and if you plan on keeping the car a long time it will be very dated. Heck Google Maps on my phone outperforms the NAV system (MyFord Suxs I mean Touch as well). All the extra functionality of the factory NAV requires a Travel Link subscription which equals more money every month. Just another thing to think about for those who want to buy it.

Last edited by bpmurr; 2/8/12 at 08:56 AM.
Old 2/8/12, 08:58 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
PM sent Deysha, thanks.
Originally Posted by ThrustangFiveO
Yea me too Deysha.
Originally Posted by GTskillet
Hi Deysha,
just PM'ed you.
You rock!!!
To Jeff and Deysha both, thanks for the info on the electronics package. Deysha, I sent you a pm.
Thank you, guys!! I'll get back to you as soon as possible.

Deysha

Quick Reply: 2013 Mustang Order Guides (including GT500) & Price Lists