Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?

Search this Thread

Old 1/14/11, 07:15 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by Itravelalot
5. Available dual climate control means my wife does not have to drive me nuts with her odd temperature settings.
You know, I thought the same thing but wives have a knack for messing with your mind. Sure, she can set her own temperature but now she still wants to control fan speed and direction (dash vents or floor) and whether the A/C is on or not. All of those affect both sides. Besides, she doesn't seem to realize that she can set a temperature and let the system do its thing - she thinks it has to be set at 60 for cooling and 80 for heating.

So I really didn't gain what I was hoping.

But we're happily married - she told me so this morning.
Old 1/14/11, 08:25 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I like the practicality of a Mustang. All my kids are grown and I like having something that does not use much gas and has good pickup and a trunk. Please don't make fun, but getting on a freeway with cars going 80mph+ can be a little scary if you are in a slow car. The v6 mustang is the perfect fit for me now. I like the roadside assistance, too.
Old 1/15/11, 01:06 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hmm. Practical....... Never entered my mind at all. My MUSTANG is for ME. Fun, American Muscle, Tunes, Shiftin, and Rubber!! Not every Need nor want, has to be practical. Sometimes....enjoyment has to be pushed ahead of other things in life. This world today is just to full of stress..... EVERYONE.......NEEDS A BREAK FROM THAT. Give me an American Icon and an Open Road. The wifie has her car, and I will soon have mine.
Old 1/15/11, 08:29 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by WhiteBird00
You know, I thought the same thing but wives have a knack for messing with your mind. Sure, she can set her own temperature but now she still wants to control fan speed and direction (dash vents or floor) and whether the A/C is on or not. All of those affect both sides. Besides, she doesn't seem to realize that she can set a temperature and let the system do its thing - she thinks it has to be set at 60 for cooling and 80 for heating.

So I really didn't gain what I was hoping.

But we're happily married - she told me so this morning.
This is sweet !!
Old 1/15/11, 09:00 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by drewzx3
Same here I ordered Dec 23 and I have not gotten any info from my dealer.
Maybe someone can confirm this but I believe many Ford operations were closed over the holidays and as soon as they came back a 3-4 week delay in 2012 Mustang production was announced. So Ford may not have serialized any 2012 Mustangs over the past 3-4 weeks so there would be no new info for your dealer to give to you. Search around as this has been discussed in several threads on TMS.

Practicality is a relative thing. Relative to a Corvette the Mustang is very practical if you have to haul up to four people for short to medium distances. Much more room in the trunk for baseball, soccer, and golf gear too!
Old 1/15/11, 11:05 AM
Banned

As far as "practicality" goes, you can make arguments for practicality for any vehicle. Just to remind everyone where this thread got derailed:

Originally Posted by pcanno167
I apologize ladies and gents. I had to cancel my 2012 Mustang order for the F150. I thought one of the guys who stated that on the Mustang website was crazy for making such a switch. With the 5.0 and Eco boost engine as well as heated and cooled leather seats, I can't beat it now.
Originally Posted by CavalloNero
I don't understand why anyone would buy a new truck. If your going to use if for work why not buy used? If your going to use it as a DD then buy a car instead for less money and better mpg. Also dont but a auto mustang.. its like buying a minvan 5speed minivan. Ps they have almost perfected liverear axle why not buy your mustang now and enjoy it until 1214 then trade it in? screw the new truck buy a winter beater instead for a few grand.
Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
What's practical about buying a Mustang GT? Not great for carrying passengers, no trunk room, not great on gas, you can only go so fast in North America, not great in the snow, and it isn't cheap.

Maybe we should all buy Camrys?

I don't understand people that knock others' vehicle purchases as "impractical" yet goes out and buys a Mustang.
I'm not saying that there are absolutely no practical points to a Mustang (even a GT) but if the guy needs a truck he needs a truck.

I'm buying my Mustang as a "toy" with no regard for practicality, it'll be my summer DD shared with my Focus ST that I'll have the year around.
Old 1/16/11, 07:19 PM
Bullitt Member

I hear ya sparky! I bought a mustang for joy rides on nice sunny days! I have a 4 cylinder small Awd SUV for practicality!
Old 1/19/11, 10:14 PM

I too ordered a 2012 GT premium on 3 Jan and haven't heard anything from the dealer. Excited for any info on the future black w/ brick red interior, Brembo, HID security, comfort pkg, 3.73 rear axle, rear camera GT.
Old 1/20/11, 03:50 PM

I just got info that my 2012 mustang GT premium (lava Red) has a build date for February 21st and delivery by March 21st
Old 1/20/11, 07:25 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by firebottle
I just got info that my 2012 mustang GT premium (lava Red) has a build date for February 21st and delivery by March 21st
When did you order?
Old 1/25/11, 05:49 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by drewzx3
When did you order?
Still no build date on my GT/CS and ordered on nov. 30th.
Since I told the salesman that I wanted an around march delivery maybe they didn't put the order in to Ford at that moment and that gives me a 2012 now... (Snow, up here in Québec) so, no need for the car to arrive too early.
Old 2/1/11, 08:01 PM

Just got info from the dealer my car will arive on 3/10/11!!! eleven days before I thought it would come. I Will take pics as soon as i get it so everyone can see the Lava Red
Old 2/1/11, 08:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by firebottle
Just got info from the dealer my car will arive on 3/10/11!!! eleven days before I thought it would come. I Will take pics as soon as i get it so everyone can see the Lava Red
Did you get the Lava Red seats, too??? I would love to see those. If no one else has those color seats before mine arrives, I will post pics. Since I don't have a vin yet, I don't think I will be the first to get one.
Old 2/2/11, 02:15 PM

Hello all, this is my first time posting here, though I frequent the Motor Trend forums.

Anyway, I ordered my '12 GT back on December 27th and still haven't heard a word from my dealer, but I call him every Thursday to see if they have a VIN for it. I was wondering if anyone who ordered around this date has received a build date yet?

Thanks!!
Old 2/2/11, 02:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by bellanca5.0
Hello all, this is my first time posting here, though I frequent the Motor Trend forums.

Anyway, I ordered my '12 GT back on December 27th and still haven't heard a word from my dealer, but I call him every Thursday to see if they have a VIN for it. I was wondering if anyone who ordered around this date has received a build date yet?

Thanks!!
There are several people on this forum that do have a vin and build date, but also many that do not. The delay at the factory has also caused a delay in vins being assigned and cars scheduled. I ordered mine on 11/22/10 and updated the order in mid December and have neither a vin or a build date. I am having a problem with my dealer not telling me what is going on with the car, but when I bugged them, they at least gave me the VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation). If you can either get that, or preferably the DORA from them, you can find the order number and dealer number. If you have that, then you will not need your dealer as much. Search for Deysha from Ford Customer Service on this forum and if your order actually has been ordered and put in the system then she will be able to keep you informed on the status. I would not expect that many to be scheduled until later in February when the factory starts building them. They should have already started, but they are a little late.
Old 2/2/11, 02:38 PM

Originally Posted by Itravelalot
There are several people on this forum that do have a vin and build date, but also many that do not. The delay at the factory has also caused a delay in vins being assigned and cars scheduled. I ordered mine on 11/22/10 and updated the order in mid December and have neither a vin or a build date. I am having a problem with my dealer not telling me what is going on with the car, but when I bugged them, they at least gave me the VOC (Vehicle Order Confirmation). If you can either get that, or preferably the DORA from them, you can find the order number and dealer number. If you have that, then you will not need your dealer as much. Search for Deysha from Ford Customer Service on this forum and if your order actually has been ordered and put in the system then she will be able to keep you informed on the status. I would not expect that many to be scheduled until later in February when the factory starts building them. They should have already started, but they are a little late.

Yeah, my dealer doesn't seem to be very helpful, but they were more than happy to take my deposit. Thanks for the tip, though, I'll stop by this weekend and hound them for more information...and if nothing else at least get the VOC. Thank you once again. I'm just antsy to know when it's being built, even though this weather is nasty!
Old 2/5/11, 07:50 PM
Bullitt Member

Congrats firebottle! I am glad to see they are moving forward with production,,cant wait to see the pics!
Old 2/11/11, 05:09 AM
GT Member

No word on anything yet... Still COLD up here so I'll wait.
Old 2/12/11, 06:40 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
AAI reopened Monday 2/7. FULL Production was up on Tuesday 2/8. Give 'em 2 days of "Error Free" production, and the "Okay-To-Buy" orders will hit the floor. We're back on schedule :-)

Last edited by FLAstangx3; 2/12/11 at 06:52 AM. Reason: spillchuck
Old 2/12/11, 07:16 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
AAI reopened Monday 2/7. FULL Production was up on Tuesday 2/8. Give 'em 2 days of "Error Free" production, and the "Okay-To-Buy" orders will hit the floor. We're back on schedule :-)
Best news I've heard all week!

Quick Reply: 2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?