2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?

Search this Thread

Old 11/28/10 | 07:35 AM

HI guys, new member here.I went in to order a 2012 v6 premium yesterday and the dealer looked at me like i am crazy ,they didn't even have access to the 2012 ordering guide,didn't know anything on the changes for 2012 and the salesman i talked to flipped thru the 2011 brochure like it was the first time he saw it. kinda ticked me off! as i had my heart set on ordering my first mustang and i knew more about them than they did. i had figured that the salesmen would be right up to date on things like that as it is their job to know. Anyway i told them i had the 2012 ordering guide downloaded on my computer and they didn't believe me so i printed it off and will drop it off next week.Now on that note is U.S ordering guide different from the canadian,i would think they would be very close other than the fact canadians need daytime running lights?
Old 11/28/10 | 10:50 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Originally Posted by hslager
HI guys, new member here.I went in to order a 2012 v6 premium yesterday and the dealer looked at me like i am crazy ,they didn't even have access to the 2012 ordering guide,didn't know anything on the changes for 2012 and the salesman i talked to flipped thru the 2011 brochure like it was the first time he saw it. kinda ticked me off! as i had my heart set on ordering my first mustang and i knew more about them than they did. i had figured that the salesmen would be right up to date on things like that as it is their job to know. Anyway i told them i had the 2012 ordering guide downloaded on my computer and they didn't believe me so i printed it off and will drop it off next week.Now on that note is U.S ordering guide different from the canadian,i would think they would be very close other than the fact canadians need daytime running lights?
Canadian will be close, but they usually have some different pkgs. and availability.
As for the salesmen, it is their job to sell cars and they seem to be attempting to sell you one. Most do not study the guides like you might hope. they quite often spend more time discussing sports or the weekend activities.
Sometimes it takes a while to find a salesperson or manager who actually reads the order guide at all. "Sell what you can see, if it ain't on the lot it doesn't exist". "You can't deliver an ordered car today".
Just don't be discouraged if you know more than they do.
Continue to use it to your advantage.
Old 11/28/10 | 02:05 PM

Originally Posted by 12GTBLK
Brian, I am looking to place my order right after the Holidays (Early Jan). Is it still looking like production will start for Job#1 on 1/18? Are the incentives the same for the new model or will they hold off since it is a new model year? Is the GT Premium coup starting at $33k? Thanks, i cant wait to get the order in and hope she is done by early spring. I heard the prices will be released around Dec 9th
As far as I know, 1/18/11 is still when 2012 Mustang production starts, unless Ford pushed it back (as they did with '12 pricing and ordering by a few weeks). The order banks are already open, though, so you can order any time you're ready.

2011 incentives will be better than the 2012 incentives (kinda like buying day old bread at the bakery - the stale stuff is always cheaper to get rid of it).

2012 Mustang GT Premium Coupe (with no additional options) is:

$33,895 = MSRP
$31,841 = Factory Invoice Total

The dealer I work for special orders new Mustang GT's for just $99 over the factory invoice total, so that car would be $31,940 where I work. Any rebates available upon delivery are yours to keep. I would imagine you could get this kind of deal at most any Ford dealership w/o much trouble.
Old 11/28/10 | 02:41 PM
Banned

Now on that note is U.S ordering guide different from the canadian,i would think they would be very close other than the fact canadians need daytime running lights?
The Canadian order guide is up on the CANADIAN dealer site; and no, the Canadian order guide is substantially different in many ways than the US one although they are closer this year than last year.

For one, there is no base GT in Canada as the US customer knows it -- our "bottom of the line" GT is where their Premium GT starts. In Canada, things like heated seats are standard in the leather seat package where in the US these are optional upgrades.

At any rate, the order guide is out but not the pricing guide (yet), you can order one but you can't get the pricing. So don't bother walking into a Canadian dealership with US order guides -- but they can access them.
Old 11/28/10 | 04:38 PM
Bullitt Member

Thanks for the info,,I have a friend of a friend so hopefuly I will find someone to put my order in in Jan here in VA. Thanks for the info,,I will be happy if I can get a deal around factory invoice. I truely hope I dont find one with ignorance as hslager did!
Old 11/28/10 | 05:34 PM

Thanks for the info,just ticked me off that the salesmen aren't current on their cars.I was mentioning that i kinda liked the yellow blaze and the saleman was flipping thru the 2011 brochure and said that it didn't list that color and was wondering where i got that info,give me a break! I am going elsewhere to buy.also the salesmen couldn't bring up the ordering guide on their computers.

Last edited by hslager; 11/28/10 at 05:36 PM.
Old 11/28/10 | 07:03 PM
Team Mustang Source

Hehe.. Ordered mine yesterday!!! But I too, had to educate the salesguy. Matter of fact, I used HIS computer and logged in HERE to show him. Then all was well. My order No: 1203 (3rd guy to order a 2012 from them...but FIRST for a Mustang). Scheduled build date 1/18/11 IF I make the first batch!!

Went for the new color Lava Red Metalic (UZ). Saw it on a 2011 Harley Truck while at the MCA Directors Meeting in Dallas. Also went for the Glass roof (59G), but alas. it's going to tack 2 more weeks onto delivery, cause they ship em out to a can opener factory for the install. Soooooo, 10 weeks from Mid January.......tick tock, tick tock...
.. and I ain't a guy use to waiting.........

Soooooo, other than dealer stock landing here early, I should have one of the first in the area.. :-)
Old 11/28/10 | 09:36 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
Went for the new color Lava Red Metalic (UZ). Saw it on a 2011 Harley Truck while at the MCA Directors Meeting in Dallas. Also went for the Glass roof (59G), but alas. it's going to tack 2 more weeks onto delivery, cause they ship em out to a can opener factory for the install.
I was under the impression they assembled the glass roof in the Flat Rock plant. Perhaps it is different now than when they first announced this option for the 2009 model year.

Whatever happens, good luck with the new color and car!

EDIT: Perhaps it is the "personalization shop" that is mentioned in this article.

Last edited by Tony Alonso; 11/28/10 at 09:48 PM. Reason: Add another link
Old 11/28/10 | 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
....went for the Glass roof (59G), but alas. it's going to tack 2 more weeks onto delivery, cause they ship em out to a can opener factory for the install....
Tony is correct; they're installed at Flat Rock. I had emailed the Mustang Marketing Manager several months ago about glass roofs. I was informed that there are two different roof stampings; one for a standard coupe and one for the glass roof, so they are done in house. Same is true for Vista Roofs in all the Ford/Lincoln crossovers.

Last edited by Five Oh Brian; 11/28/10 at 09:48 PM.
Old 11/29/10 | 06:53 AM

I ordered a sold Shelby on Saturday and have priced some others. Boss 302 is the only one that doesn't seem to work (Leguna Seca does, just not regular).

One thing you may be running into is the time in advance might be more than some dealers will want to do on an order. For example, I sold a Shelby with a 65 Falcon on trade and that doesn't bother me since the value won't change. However, I'd be hesitant to take an order trading in a 2008 Shelby right now due to possible market changes in the extended time the car COULD take to get.
Old 11/29/10 | 09:31 AM
Bullitt Member

my build date for my 11 is december 6th

the dealer also told me that the 2 week shut down is happening, so it may get pushed back a bit
Old 11/29/10 | 10:09 AM
Cobra Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
I've order four 2012 Mustangs successfully so far. Order Banks are open, pricing is complete, etc.
Thanks Brian!!
Old 11/29/10 | 10:26 AM
GTR Member

I'm currently trying to find out more info on how the EPAS is configured. If it's a program, it may be a simple PCM upgrade. On the other hand, it may be a cluster swap and PCM replacement, which would be big money.

Good news, it sounds like the visors might be plug and play.
Old 11/29/10 | 10:28 AM
Team Mustang Source

Our 2011 V6 Premium was odered on 10/26/2010 and for some reason is scheduled to be built the week of 1/10/2011, which is a major disappointment since the salesperson and his GSM were advised by the Ford Zone Rep that if ordered by end of October that it would only take 6-8 weeks to arrive.
Old 11/29/10 | 10:56 AM

I contacted another dealer today and it is like night and day between this dealer and the last one.the salesman is current on the mustangs,they have the ordering guide but not the pricing guide.He is going to price it out using the 2011 pricing guide. we are going in wed night to order ,i got a good feeling with this dealership.
Old 11/29/10 | 03:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Thank you Brian, and all the other dealers that have contributed. Now my dealership says that they were able to place my 2012 GT Premium Lava Red order successfully today. I can tell you that it would not have gone so quickly and easily without the help of the forums. He made no apologies for not knowing anything about the 2012s, but instead said that he is like a mushroom; He is kept in the dark and out of the way of knowing anything important about new upcoming models because selling existing inventory can be more important than selling the newest and latest thing. He was happy to work with me on getting my order placed, and seemed to really be able to use the info I gave him from this forum.

Also, does Lava red, and/or the Lava Red/Plum and Charcoal seats seem to be very popular with the early orders everyone has seen. I know that from what I have seen, I think it looks good, and I am glad that I was able to order it.
Old 11/29/10 | 06:12 PM

Originally Posted by Itravelalot
Also, does Lava red, and/or the Lava Red/Plum and Charcoal seats seem to be very popular with the early orders everyone has seen. I know that from what I have seen, I think it looks good, and I am glad that I was able to order it.
I ordered a 2012 GT Premium Coupe for myself in Lava Red with the Lava Interior, so I may be biased in saying that it'll be a popular color. Haven't had a single customer order a 2012 Mustang GT here (other than me), so it's too soon to see what the take rate will be for this new color from my vantage point.
Old 11/29/10 | 06:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
I ordered a 2012 GT Premium Coupe for myself in Lava Red with the Lava Interior, so I may be biased in saying that it'll be a popular color. Haven't had a single customer order a 2012 Mustang GT here (other than me), so it's too soon to see what the take rate will be for this new color from my vantage point.
Replacing the '07 or adding to the fleet? Congrats!
Old 11/29/10 | 06:28 PM

we were thinking of ordering lave red but changed our mind to performance white just because we live in the country and have 3/4 mile of gravel road before we hit pavement. lava red would be hard to keep clean at our place.
Old 11/29/10 | 11:13 PM

Originally Posted by Tony Alonso
Replacing the '07 or adding to the fleet? Congrats!
Probably not time for congrats yet, as I haven't decided just yet, but thank you.

My '07 is nearly paid off now, and I think the Lava Red is gonna look awesome. But, my '07 only has 27K miles on it, it's very reliable/streetable (it's my daily driver), and runs high 11's in the 1/4 mile, so it would be tough to part with it. One of my daughters is in college now and the other daughter starts college in two years, so I probably shouldn't buy a new car, so there's only about a 50/50 chance that I'll take delivery.

But, do I want a '12 GT? Hell ya!

Quick Reply: 2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?