Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?

Search this Thread

Old 2/18/11, 05:32 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stang-Par
So the Steeda hood strut is a decent piece?
I haven't seen the Steeda piece in person to say it's better or worse than any of the other offerings -- but in general I am pleased with the Steeda parts I've had in the past and I'm somewhat confident it's a decent piece. The choice of Steeda for me over any of the others has more to do with the fact that I'm already planning to buy the CAI and shifter so in the end it would work out cheaper rather than shipping multiple pieces. I usually pick the parts up at the Steeda shop in Milton.
Also interested in the speakers. Are they a direct bolt in or is there some fab work involved for the connectors.
The rear 5x7s are a direct bolt in. The doors are going to need adapter plates as components are seperate round speakers (a 5.25" speaker and a tweeter). All 4 speakers will need pigtails if you want to avoid cutting the factory harness. Generally speaking, coaxials and oval speakers are a compromise. Round, seperate speakers are generally better. Since the front door speakers are more or less in your face I opted for better speakers.
Haven't heard of Hertz before. I figured something like Boston Acoustic or Bose would be the choice.
They are a high-end speaker; they're made by the same company as Audison; Their site is here: http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/ All the feedback I've heard about them has been great, and they sounded great in the demo. They are very sensitive so I can get decent sound and volume from the factory unit. BUT the downside is they're NOT cheap. I got them at East Hamilton Radio (they have their anniversary sale on this weekend) so I saved about $100 on them. Even still for the 2 sets (2-5x7 coaxial rears plus 2-5.25 speakers,2-tweeters,2-crossovers for the front) ran 450 with the tax; not including the plates or pigtails.
You'll have to share your wisdom with me on how the door panels come off for the speaker change.
There are a few how-tos on the net (and on this forum) for the speaker replacement procedure. I'm familiar with how most of these cars come apart but even I will still be following the online guides too.
I'd imagine the rears are easy (flop the seat backs down and squeeze your a$$ into the back).
Actually from what I've heard from others, the rears are more of a PITA; you have to remove the back seat and remove the parcel tray because the speakers screw in from the top.
So what kind of music do you intend to blare?
"Blare" is relative, I work in a noisy factory all night so I'm not into the excruciating bass-pounding thing; my music tastes are pretty wide. I'll listen to anything except (most) rap and (most) country. I have Sirius in my cars and the channels rotate between Alternative/Classic Rock/80s/90s and Modern Rock.
I figure if you're an old fart like me some Pink Floyd, Genesis, or dare I say Rush might find it's way on to the hard drive.
Depends on my mood. Going to Rush at Copps in April, it'll be 11- and 12-year old's first concert. I've already seen them twice in the past 2 years.
Old 2/18/11, 08:57 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
I haven't seen the Steeda piece in person to say it's better or worse than any of the other offerings -- but in general I am pleased with the Steeda parts I've had in the past and I'm somewhat confident it's a decent piece. The choice of Steeda for me over any of the others has more to do with the fact that I'm already planning to buy the CAI and shifter so in the end it would work out cheaper rather than shipping multiple pieces. I usually pick the parts up at the Steeda shop in Milton.
The rear 5x7s are a direct bolt in. The doors are going to need adapter plates as components are seperate round speakers (a 5.25" speaker and a tweeter). All 4 speakers will need pigtails if you want to avoid cutting the factory harness. Generally speaking, coaxials and oval speakers are a compromise. Round, seperate speakers are generally better. Since the front door speakers are more or less in your face I opted for better speakers. They are a high-end speaker; they're made by the same company as Audison; Their site is here: http://www.hertzaudiovideo.com/ All the feedback I've heard about them has been great, and they sounded great in the demo. They are very sensitive so I can get decent sound and volume from the factory unit. BUT the downside is they're NOT cheap. I got them at East Hamilton Radio (they have their anniversary sale on this weekend) so I saved about $100 on them. Even still for the 2 sets (2-5x7 coaxial rears plus 2-5.25 speakers,2-tweeters,2-crossovers for the front) ran 450 with the tax; not including the plates or pigtails.
There are a few how-tos on the net (and on this forum) for the speaker replacement procedure. I'm familiar with how most of these cars come apart but even I will still be following the online guides too.
Actually from what I've heard from others, the rears are more of a PITA; you have to remove the back seat and remove the parcel tray because the speakers screw in from the top.
"Blare" is relative, I work in a noisy factory all night so I'm not into the excruciating bass-pounding thing; my music tastes are pretty wide. I'll listen to anything except (most) rap and (most) country. I have Sirius in my cars and the channels rotate between Alternative/Classic Rock/80s/90s and Modern Rock.
Depends on my mood. Going to Rush at Copps in April, it'll be 11- and 12-year old's first concert. I've already seen them twice in the past 2 years.
They put on a great show. I saw them twice in Toronto at the Amphitheater. Funny thing is I saw them at Macmaster University back in the 70's when they were starting out. I brained washed my kids early so I wouldnt have to listen to the rap crap.

Saw Roger Waters at the ACC in September. That was an awsome show. Brought back a lot of memories.

By the way, I might go Redline on the hood struts. They look a little cleaner even if there is some drilling involved.
Old 2/19/11, 12:04 AM

Here is the first official picture of the lava red 2012 mustang that i'm aware of. I dont think this picture does it 100% justice, but no more guessing on how it's going to look. Here you go.
Old 2/19/11, 12:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by firebottle

Here is the first official picture of the lava red 2012 mustang that i'm aware of. I dont think this picture does it 100% justice, but no more guessing on how it's going to look. Here you go.
It might be the first official picture, but it is a photoshop.That is just a stock photo that changes colors as fast as they want it to. It is better than nothing though. See how the car is all in shadow? That gives it much less dynamic contrast, and shows much less detail. The metallic flakes would not show in such lighting. Reflections can be hard to photoshop well, and conveniently this has very few reflections. When they take a picture of a car that actually has real Lava Red paint on it, I am sure they will set up the shot much differently. All that setup does is give them a much better picture to change like crazy and still have it look good. It is a nice teaser, but we still wait for the real deal.
Old 2/19/11, 07:44 AM
Bullitt Member

I agree Travel,,,It shouldnt be much longer before some pics hit the net of Lava
Old 2/19/11, 08:33 AM

I hear ya ITRAVELALOT. I was just excited to actually see a picture. The actual car with metalic flake will look much better. Anyways if anyones good with photoshop they should switch the wheels on the car to the brembo wheels
Old 2/19/11, 08:56 AM
GT Member

Already bought the MRT hood struts, since I went for the GT/CS (yes I got the shirts and baseball cap too) I opted for the MRT carbon fiber colored kit, now if I can get the car, the BORLA exhaust and carbon fiber colored lightbar could be a reality sooner...
Old 2/19/11, 03:11 PM

2012 ordering

New to the forum. I had a 2011 on order with delivery date date of late DEC. 30 days after I gave my deposit my dealer told me they had missed the cutoff for 2011. Now they are still not accepting orders nor seem to have pricing info for the 2012's. How is it that some here have been able to place orders ?

Thanks...
Old 2/19/11, 03:14 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by smokeater1
New to the forum. I had a 2011 on order with delivery date date of late DEC. 30 days after I gave my deposit my dealer told me they had missed the cutoff for 2011. Now they are still not accepting orders nor seem to have pricing info for the 2012's. How is it that some here have been able to place orders ?

Thanks...
Your dealer is BSing you. Get your deposit back and go somewhere where they know what there talking about.
Old 2/19/11, 03:18 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Thanks...
Not sure of the exact dates but the 2012 order guide came out on Nov. 19th. I do not believe you could order a 2011 after that date. You could start ordering 2012's on Nov. 19th. Find another dealer.
Old 2/19/11, 03:26 PM

OK, thanks for the info ! Gee, you would think they would want to sell cars !
Old 2/19/11, 03:40 PM
Banned

OK, thanks for the info ! Gee, you would think they would want to sell cars !
The dealer is either not knowledgeable or is trying to move his lot stock. Some salesmen, like people in general, don't do extra legwork to improve their knowledgebase, the end of the '11s and the start of the '12s has been common knowledge for the Ford dealers internally since last summer.
Old 2/19/11, 03:45 PM
Bullitt Member

The dealer is either not knowledgeable or is trying to move his lot stock. Some salesmen, like people in general, don't do extra legwork to improve their knowledgebase, the end of the '11s and the start of the '12s has been common knowledge for the Ford dealers internally since last summer.
sometimes it is not so common ..
When we were shopping for a car in Sept we asked the dealer if MY2011 would be a long one or if the 2012 would come out early do to the Boss 302 being a 2012. He had no clue so he made something up to give us a answer . And guess what he said .... Oh the 2011's will run till later 3rd quarter of 2011 dont worry about buying a car that is a yr old before you get 500 miles on it LOL good thing i buy these to drive and not for "resale" LOL
Old 2/19/11, 03:59 PM
Banned

The closing of the 2011 order bank and the opening of the 2012 order bank in November was communicated in late May Dealer News Bulletin (DNB)

Like I said, some people work hard to be good at their job, some people like to chat up the secretary and drink coffee.

I graduated high school in 1984 and I'm just shy of 44 now. Apart from the last year, there hadn't been more than a handful of college semesters that I haven't been enrolled in some form of post-secondary. Because my field is always changing. Industrial general machinist, red seal licensed electrician, PLC and robotics technician.

That's what it takes to be good at what you do.

I like my salesman, he's a great guy. But I come into the dealership fully informed and knowing exactly what I want, he doesn't even question it. I'm the easiest sale the guy makes.
Old 2/19/11, 04:26 PM
Bullitt Member

The dealer is either not knowledgeable or is trying to move his lot stock. Some salesmen, like people in general, don't do extra legwork to improve their knowledgebase, .
....and some salesmen are just like politcians....do anything/say anything to make the sale. And when they get caught BSing, the spin begins. I repeat, some, but not all are like this.

I've bought Chrysler products for years from the same salesmen.Whether he got complacent figuring I was an easy sale, or not, I'm not sure, but I eventually ended up at another dealership, and being treated much better.

I have a bit of an edge with my 2012 order. Being green to Mustangs, I did a lot of research before ordering. And because of many of you I had a lot knowledge other buyers might not have had. I did most of my dealing over the phone and only spend an hour at the dealership. It also helped that I've been friends with the sales manager at the dealership for a long time. I bought my 89 LX 5.0 from him new when he was in sales. He has been very forth coming with any documents I have request and about his allocations. I'm sure there are times when there are things they just don't know (production hold ups, weather delays) etc.

Hell, I've worked in robotics for the past 20 years, and sometimes there is information from the factory in Japan that just doesn't reach us in a timely manner because the information is not 100% complete. But we do know what models of machines are available and when new ones will be available.

I would think with a car dealer this would be basic knowledge that should they should know.
Old 2/19/11, 04:30 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Stang-Par
Hell, I've worked in robotics for the past 20 years, and sometimes there is information from the factory in Japan that just doesn't reach us in a timely manner...
Hey, it takes time to translate all that info into "Engrish".
Old 2/19/11, 05:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Hey, it takes time to translate all that info into "Engrish".
You mean "Jinglish"
Old 2/20/11, 08:31 AM
V6 Member

my salesman lied to me when he said he felt the 2011s could still be ordered (only Shelbys couldnt). this was beginning of Feb. I then went on here to confirm he was wrong.
he said why don't you buy from what's on the lot?
When I came back a few days later to order a 2012 with him ..he had already been fired..
Old 2/20/11, 04:57 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by knightrdrx
my salesman lied to me when he said he felt the 2011s could still be ordered (only Shelbys couldnt). this was beginning of Feb. I then went on here to confirm he was wrong.
he said why don't you buy from what's on the lot?
When I came back a few days later to order a 2012 with him ..he had already been fired..

My salesman got fired too because he screws up orders. The manager is working on his sales and he lies to me too! Why can't they just tell the truth?!
Old 2/20/11, 06:16 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by unas2k5
My salesman got fired too because he screws up orders. The manager is working on his sales and he lies to me too! Why can't they just tell the truth?!
Almost the same as the old saying "its easier to beg for forgiveness than ask for permission". Sometimes these guys like to play dice. Tell the customer a nice story so they cough up the deposit and place the order and then hope it all works out. In the mean time keep the customer tranquilized by telling them partial truths and hope they don't get any smarter. Too bad for them, the internet makes this almost impossible.

I've bought numerous cars in the past from some really awesome salesman and some really bad ones too. Again, it's a crap shoot. But when you find a good one, hang on to him (or her).

Quick Reply: 2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?