Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?

Search this Thread

Old 1/6/11, 03:07 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Relax my friend. Even with first week builds, we are most likely looking at end Feb, begin March for delivery. PLUS, I only posted this info, cause when Brian checks in, we'll get the Confirmed report on this. So, far, he has a perfect track record on his info, versus what my dealer tells me.
Old 1/6/11, 06:13 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
WHOTT - OHHHHHHHH!!

My dealer just called. Says ALL 2012 GT's are being HELD. Although serialized, will NOT go line as scheduled. BOSS, Shelby and V-6 2012's are being ALL BUMPED UP to the front of the line. Line starts 1/18/2011 with the new configuration. Says he has IN HAND memo from his regional rep.
Any idea why or for how long they are being held? What could be the problem with the GTs? I have ordered a GT and am a bit curious about this.
Old 1/6/11, 06:24 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Originally Posted by Itravelalot
Any idea why or for how long they are being held? What could be the problem with the GTs? I have ordered a GT and am a bit curious about this.
basically, its due to a parts shortage
Old 1/7/11, 10:58 AM

Originally Posted by stangfoeva
basically, its due to a parts shortage
About how long do these type of delays generally last?
Old 1/7/11, 08:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

probably just 2 weeks, time to restock part, and re-align the line of those pulled. In this case, it is a mere understocking of a part used on both the Mustang and F-150 V8's. Guess who wins........ Sooooo, we wait a tad longer, what the heck, we're waiting now anyway LOL
Old 1/8/11, 10:30 PM

Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
probably just 2 weeks, time to restock part, and re-align the line of those pulled. In this case, it is a mere understocking of a part used on both the Mustang and F-150 V8's. Guess who wins........ Sooooo, we wait a tad longer, what the heck, we're waiting now anyway LOL

Yeah the new f150 v8's use the same coyote engine right?? Maybe that's what were waiting on.. cant see many other parts being the same.
Old 1/9/11, 11:34 AM
GT Member

I apologize ladies and gents. I had to cancel my 2012 Mustang order for the F150. I thought one of the guys who stated that on the Mustang website was crazy for making such a switch. With the 5.0 and Eco boost engine as well as heated and cooled leather seats, I can't beat it now.

This way, I want miss the 50 year 2014 Mustang that should have auto shift for autos and and get rid of the live rear axle.

I am still hearing that the Mustang will have the upgraded Myford touch Navigation. We shall see.

Peace
Old 1/12/11, 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by pcanno167
I apologize ladies and gents. I had to cancel my 2012 Mustang order for the F150. I thought one of the guys who stated that on the Mustang website was crazy for making such a switch. With the 5.0 and Eco boost engine as well as heated and cooled leather seats, I can't beat it now.

This way, I want miss the 50 year 2014 Mustang that should have auto shift for autos and and get rid of the live rear axle.

I am still hearing that the Mustang will have the upgraded Myford touch Navigation. We shall see.

Peace

I don't understand why anyone would buy a new truck. If your going to use if for work why not buy used? If your going to use it as a DD then buy a car instead for less money and better mpg. Also dont but a auto mustang.. its like buying a minvan 5speed minivan. Ps they have almost perfected liverear axle why not buy your mustang now and enjoy it until 1214 then trade it in? screw the new truck buy a winter beater instead for a few grand.
Old 1/12/11, 10:07 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
My said dealer the Mustang plant be open next week all 2012 orders will go though next week.
Old 1/12/11, 11:54 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by CavalloNero
I don't understand why anyone would buy a new truck. If your going to use if for work why not buy used? If your going to use it as a DD then buy a car instead for less money and better mpg. Also dont but a auto mustang.. its like buying a minvan 5speed minivan. Ps they have almost perfected liverear axle why not buy your mustang now and enjoy it until 1214 then trade it in? screw the new truck buy a winter beater instead for a few grand.
What's practical about buying a Mustang GT? Not great for carrying passengers, no trunk room, not great on gas, you can only go so fast in North America, not great in the snow, and it isn't cheap.

Maybe we should all buy Camrys?

I don't understand people that knock others' vehicle purchases as "impractical" yet goes out and buys a Mustang.
Old 1/13/11, 06:39 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by CavalloNero
People buy the autos to go smoke the manuals a$$.
Old 1/13/11, 08:28 AM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by drewzx3
You're kidding right?

You must mean get smoked by the stick shift.
Old 1/13/11, 08:37 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by 05mach1
My said dealer the Mustang plant be open next week all 2012 orders will go though next week.
2012's start 1/18/2011. BOSS, V-6, and those headed over to SHELBY only, are being BUMPED to first week production. All other orders are back-lined. Module is not in yet.
Old 1/13/11, 09:52 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Interesting. There's thread in the BOSS forums where people have had their BOSS production date delayed. https://themustangsource.com/f813/bad-news-490496/
Old 1/13/11, 12:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by drewzx3
This is a very silly comment. Though it is true that the automatics are doing very well, the engineering truth behind it still means the automatic is sacrificing some power which is not lost by the direct connection a manual makes. The automatic is idiot proof performance and consistent though, so the stick driver better be quick and better not mess up.

Ultimately though this argument is old school anyway, as Dual Clutch beats them both.
Old 1/13/11, 05:30 PM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Lancel
This is a very silly comment. Though it is true that the automatics are doing very well, the engineering truth behind it still means the automatic is sacrificing some power which is not lost by the direct connection a manual makes. The automatic is idiot proof performance and consistent though, so the stick driver better be quick and better not mess up.

Ultimately though this argument is old school anyway, as Dual Clutch beats them both.
I was kidding. I went auto because I havent seen a single person post having a problem with the auto but alot of post about the manual. Also did not like the way thh manual felt when I drove it with the gear spacing.
Old 1/13/11, 11:14 PM
Bullitt Member

I hate waiting. I ordered my GT as soon as the prices were available on the '12s and I still do not even have a VIN# or a production date. Now if that Boss thread is right, it could be delayed 3 weeks to a month from whatever it would have been. Oh well, the wait will be worth it. I have driven 4 manual transmission cars/trucks and 2 motorcycles on a regular basis. Other than the motorcycles, they were all slower than slow. My biggest complaint about manual transmissions was that it was always a pain in the neck trying to keep the engine from stopping when idling at a light. Always having to keep cars running by either using 2 feet and 3 pedals or the hand brake and 2 pedals was a pain in the neck. It will be really nice using a manual transmission car that is not slow and old, and does not die when I let it idle. And I have also permanently decided against motorcycles. Now I like air conditioning too much.

Sorry about the rant, but this delay is not fun.

Edit: Almost forgot. Someone earlier said that buying a Mustang GT is not practical. I would differ.
1. There is no snow here ever, so it is a great car year round.
2. Kid (soon to be kids) in car seats need very little to no footroom.
3. Even though the trunk is sort of small, there are times when I would rather put stuff in a trunk where people cannot see it than in on the floor of the minivan.
4. Handling and traction control make this vehicle safer (in my hands, not my wife's) than the 2003 minivan we usually drive.
5. Available dual climate control means my wife does not have to drive me nuts with her odd temperature settings.
6. Stress is generally bad for your health. This will help me not be as stressed; Therefore it should help keep me healthy.
7. While not as good as a v6 or v4 on gas, it is as good as any minivan I drive, and only slightly worse than my Mazda, and it is more fun.
8. Reduces the need for me to have to go through the airport and get felt up,... I meant pat down by security, go through the see you naked machine, wait in endless lines, and not be able to take shampoo or liquids with me... all because the car is fast and fun enough that I can just drive to some of the places where I might have flown to 3 or 4 years ago.
9. There are many more reasons why the GT is not only practical, but much needed, but I do not want to bore everyone. Really though, why are those little toyota cars any more useful than a mustang to people who have 1 or 2 small kids? I have a minivan a car seat and a kid, and I was in heaven when I rented out a Mustang to try one before buying it.

Last edited by Itravelalot; 1/13/11 at 11:43 PM.
Old 1/14/11, 05:05 AM
Banned

Edit: Almost forgot. Someone earlier said that buying a Mustang GT is not practical. I would differ.
3. Even though the trunk is sort of small, there are times when I would rather put stuff in a trunk where people cannot see it than in on the floor of the minivan.
4. Handling and traction control make this vehicle safer (in my hands, not my wife's) than the 2003 minivan we usually drive.
5. Available dual climate control means my wife does not have to drive me nuts with her odd temperature settings.
6. Stress is generally bad for your health. This will help me not be as stressed; Therefore it should help keep me healthy.
7. While not as good as a v6 or v4 on gas, it is as good as any minivan I drive, and only slightly worse than my Mazda, and it is more fun.
8. Reduces the need for me to have to go through the airport and get felt up,... I meant pat down by security, go through the see you naked machine, wait in endless lines, and not be able to take shampoo or liquids with me... all because the car is fast and fun enough that I can just drive to some of the places where I might have flown to 3 or 4 years ago.
9. There are many more reasons why the GT is not only practical, but much needed, but I do not want to bore everyone. Really though, why are those little toyota cars any more useful than a mustang to people who have 1 or 2 small kids? I have a minivan a car seat and a kid, and I was in heaven when I rented out a Mustang to try one before buying it.
The point I was making was in response to someone criticising the impracticality of someone elses purchase. The Mustang is just as or more impractical as the person he was criticising.

But as a person with 4 children ages 20-12, given time you may regret buying the Mustang IF that is your only mode of transport and you have young children.

First, give it time, buckling a kid (or kids) bending way into your back seat is not fun, especially when you're trying to not let your door fly into the car next to you. Footspace isn't necessary now, but coupes tend to have less space between the seats which means your kids will end up kicking the back of your seat when they're in the carseat and stepping on the seatbelt when they're older. Not to mention spraying juice, cookie crumbs, gummy bears and puke all over the interior. And you may think "I won't let it happen" if you have kids, it'll happen.

As for your other points you're comparing a 2011 car with a 2003 minivan that was probably designed in 1999. The Edge or Flex have all these features and more.

I mean, do what you want, I'm not trying to dissuade you but you're going to (and more importantly, your wife is going to) have to put up with some compromises. There's a reason why someone that has a six-figure salary waits until he's 43 to get back into a sports coupe. This will be the first car in 20 years that I've not had to consider if carseats, dogs, toolboxes, the soccer team will fit in the back, how great it is on gas or how comfortable it is on long trips for 4-6 people.
Old 1/14/11, 06:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by OAC_Sparky
But as a person with 4 children ages 20-12, given time you may regret buying the Mustang IF that is your only mode of transport and you have young children.

First, give it time, buckling a kid (or kids) bending way into your back seat is not fun, especially when you're trying to not let your door fly into the car next to you. Footspace isn't necessary now, but coupes tend to have less space between the seats which means your kids will end up kicking the back of your seat when they're in the carseat and stepping on the seatbelt when they're older. Not to mention spraying juice, cookie crumbs, gummy bears and puke all over the interior. And you may think "I won't let it happen" if you have kids, it'll happen.

As for your other points you're comparing a 2011 car with a 2003 minivan that was probably designed in 1999. The Edge or Flex have all these features and more.

I mean, do what you want, I'm not trying to dissuade you but you're going to (and more importantly, your wife is going to) have to put up with some compromises. There's a reason why someone that has a six-figure salary waits until he's 43 to get back into a sports coupe. This will be the first car in 20 years that I've not had to consider if carseats, dogs, toolboxes, the soccer team will fit in the back, how great it is on gas or how comfortable it is on long trips for 4-6 people.
I know it might not be practical if you have 4 kids, and I am not trying to say anything about the original point you were making, but there really are a lot of people around here that use mustangs as daily drivers. Granted most or all of the mustangs are anywhere between 3 and 20 years old, but small families and individuals here do use them a lot.

My son already kicks the back of my seat in the minivan, so this is not really that different except that there is no sliding door. I have already dealt with puke and crubs of all sorts, but I would rather clean them off of leather because it does not soak in to the fibers like cloth does. Small cars can do a lot more than many people think. When we were visiting some family members of my wife's in Peru, we actually fit 8 or 9 people into a car not much bigger than a Mustang. I actually also have several other cars/minavans/conversion van, so I probably should not be the one saying that buying a Mustang is practical. Having said that though, since I am the one that always has to put my son in the car seat, I do not mind putting him in in a smaller car. Having other cars and minivans/conversion van I can say though that while there are some things that I have to take a bigger vehicle for, smaller cars do just as well on most things as bigger ones, and are more fun to drive.
Old 1/14/11, 06:19 AM
GT Member

I hate waiting. I ordered my GT as soon as the prices were available on the '12s and I still do not even have a VIN# or a production date. Now if that Boss thread is right, it could be delayed 3 weeks to a month from whatever it would have been. Oh well, the wait will be worth it. I have driven 4 manual transmission cars/trucks and 2 motorcycles on a regular basis. Other than the motorcycles, they were all slower than slow. My biggest complaint about manual transmissions was that it was always a pain in the neck trying to keep the engine from stopping when idling at a light. Always having to keep cars running by either using 2 feet and 3 pedals or the hand brake and 2 pedals was a pain in the neck. It will be really nice using a manual transmission car that is not slow and old, and does not die when I let it idle. And I have also permanently decided against motorcycles. Now I like air conditioning too much.

Sorry about the rant, but this delay is not fun.

Same here I ordered Dec 23 and I have not gotten any info from my dealer.

Quick Reply: 2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?