Notices
2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}
Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?

Search this Thread

Old 12/1/10, 12:09 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by FordCustomerService
Hi SoFL05GT,

My name is Deysha from Ford Customer Service. I understand how frustrating it must be to wait on your 2011 Mustang. I would like to look into this for you. If you would like, you can send me your VIN via private message and I can check on the status of your order for you. I would like to help where I can.

Deysha
disregard.

See https://themustangsource.com/f726/20...9/#post5981386
Old 12/1/10, 12:23 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
wow.... i saw that user creeping around

interesting
Old 12/1/10, 12:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Yea, they've been on a couple other forums too.
Old 12/1/10, 12:35 PM
Bullitt Member

It's like the scam thread... If it seems to good to be true ,it usually is.
Old 12/1/10, 02:50 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Update: FordCustomerService is legit and is reaching out to other social medias (like our site) to help customers out.

Please welcome them and embrace this, as I think it is a great addition to the site and giving our feedback to Ford.

As always, please use your own discretion when sending information across the internet, both public and private.
Old 12/1/10, 03:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Scothew
Update: FordCustomerService is legit and is reaching out to other social medias (like our site) to help customers out.

Please welcome them and embrace this, as I think it is a great addition to the site and giving our feedback to Ford.

As always, please use your own discretion when sending information across the internet, both public and private.
In that case, since I am ordering a 2012 Mustang in Lava Red, and others here are either buying one or strongly considering it, could you folks at Ford, please see it in your hearts when you read this to send pictures of an actual mustang in Lava Red with the new seats?????? Since I am buying one, I consider it only fair to see what it looks like before I get too far in the ordering process. That would be very nice if you could post one. Or you could PM a picture to me and I would promise not to let anyone else see it .
Old 12/1/10, 03:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Do we have any idea when pricing is going to be announced?

Last edited by Captain Spadaro; 12/1/10 at 03:31 PM. Reason: how does I shift key
Old 12/1/10, 03:44 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
Thx Brian.my bad, I mean't Z. Just back from Autoway. Threw the details about the Glassroof construction in their face while their too :-) . They "Claim" however that the W code is "universal" and that it will / does, generate a "sub"-order based on configuration, and that it will produce Charcoal w/Lava Inserts on the seats. and that the "Z" will generate LAVA w/ Black Inserts. Both will generate the LAVA insterts in door panels. Anyway I called them yesterday in time to HOLD my order from the normal Tuesday Input to FORD They have a week to get it clarified now.

Thank you!!!!!!!
Again, allow me to help you get the right interior in your car. I would feel really bad if you received something other than what you want, so here it is explained another way. An interior code is 2 digits...

The first digit is the kind of seat. In 2012 Mustang V6/GT's...
  • 1 = cloth,
  • 4 = leather,
  • 5 = premier leather (with the thin stripe in the middle),
  • L = GT/CS (only available with the Carbon insert),
  • M = Boss Recaro,
  • T = Boss cloth.
The second digit is the color of the seat...
  • U = Medium Stone,
  • W = Charcoal Black (V6/GT) or,
  • W = Charcoal Black with Carbon inserts (only available with the GT/CS),
  • N = Saddle (only available in leather, and on Premium V6/GT arrays),
  • Z= Charcoal Black with Lava Red inserts (only available in leather, and on Premium V6/GT arrays),
  • P = Brick Red with Cashmere accents (only available with premier leather),
  • R = Charcoal Black with Grabber Blue accents (only available with premier leather),
  • Q = Charcoal Black with Cashmere accents (only available with premier leather).
Regardless of what your dealer told you, Ford is not offering a Lava interior with black inserts! If you order 4W, you will get a 100% Charcoal Black interior with 0% Lava Red anywhere inside the car - guaranteed.

If you want the Lava interior, there is only one option code possible, and that is 4Z. It will be a Charcoal Black interior with Lava Red door/seat inserts.

Last edited by Five Oh Brian; 12/2/10 at 03:36 PM.
Old 12/1/10, 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by Captain Spadaro
Do we have any idea when pricing is going to be announced?
Pricing was released a week ago and there are threads here in the forum on the topic.
Old 12/1/10, 06:31 PM
Bullitt Member

Well, since I am somewhat impatient and am tired of not having a picture of a Lava Red Mustang, I decided to make my own. This is just a quick Photoshop job, so if anyone else has a better photo, I would like to see it.

Old 12/1/10, 08:59 PM

Well,just got back from ordering my 2012 v6 premium ,pony package,interior upgrade.performance white,ordered the side scoops,side window louvres and pedestal rear spoiler which we will have painted black.Now the hard part waiting.
Old 12/2/10, 08:16 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
THANK YOU. Yet Again Brian!!! I really appreciate what you've been doing for me here. I haven't spec'd a car since 1969. Always have bought from Dealer Stock since. (Back then I ordered a killer car, only to find out I had not ordered interior lights..who'da thought).

I too would love to see one in LAVA, but I guess that is near impossible.. seeing as how they haven't been built yet.. LOL
Old 12/2/10, 08:47 AM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by FLAstangx3
I too would love to see one in LAVA, but I guess that is near impossible.. seeing as how they haven't been built yet.. LOL
Maybe Ford will show one in Lava Red at the Detroit Auto Show. I wouldn't count on it, but they might.
Old 12/2/10, 12:28 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian
Pricing was released a week ago and there are threads here in the forum on the topic.
US pricing too? I saw the sticky for Canadian pricing, but I didn't see one for US pricing, so I assumed that US pricing hadn't been released yet.
Old 12/2/10, 03:35 PM

Originally Posted by hslager
Well,just got back from ordering my 2012 v6 premium ,pony package,interior upgrade.performance white,ordered the side scoops,side window louvres and pedestal rear spoiler which we will have painted black.Now the hard part waiting.

Congrats on the order.

Just to clarify, you can't order a pedestal spoiler from the factory on a V6 model (assuming you're a US resident ordering a US spec Mustang). I'm assuming what you ordered was the V6 Coupe Accessory Package 1 – which consists of Quarter Window Louvers, Side Scoops, and Decklid Face Panel.

You can buy the pedestal spoiler after-the-fact over the parts counter, however, and install it after the car arrives.
Old 12/2/10, 03:39 PM

Did I mention that Ford started scheduling 2012 Mustang orders today? I had erroneously mentioned before that they weren't scheduling any Mustangs this week, but then I got a call from our zone office to let me know they were scheduling a couple of 12's for us today. Sorry for any confusion; I hate it when I get any facts wrong.
Old 12/2/10, 08:31 PM

Originally Posted by Five Oh Brian

Congrats on the order.

Just to clarify, you can't order a pedestal spoiler from the factory on a V6 model (assuming you're a US resident ordering a US spec Mustang). I'm assuming what you ordered was the V6 Coupe Accessory Package 1 – which consists of Quarter Window Louvers, Side Scoops, and Decklid Face Panel.

You can buy the pedestal spoiler after-the-fact over the parts counter, however, and install it after the car arrives.
Your right i got the accessory package 1 but you can order the pedestal spoiler separate and have it installed by the dealer.we are thinking of having everything in the accessory package painted flat black plus the spoiler to break up the white.One question on the accessory package 1---- what is the decklid face panel?
Old 12/2/10, 09:57 PM

Originally Posted by hslager
what is the decklid face panel?
It's a blackout panel between the taillights.

Old 12/2/10, 10:08 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Adam
When can I order a 2013? How about a 2016?
when is the last time you had anything useful to add to a topic?
Old 12/2/10, 11:04 PM
V6 Member

For planning purposes, if I wanted mine delivered say no earlier than late May or June when should I order by?

Last edited by DJ 88 FAN; 12/2/10 at 11:10 PM.

Quick Reply: 2012 Mustang GT ordering information - Any more updates?