2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY

Search this Thread

Old 5/8/15, 01:27 PM
Cobra Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by FromZto5
I bow to Shiaz for his photos!

Then again, it's actually not hard to take rolling shots, it's just that I don't trust anyone to drive my car so I can take the photo, nor do I trust someone to use my camera to take the photo while I drive LOL

that's why they invented selfie sticks. Go buy a really long one
Old 5/8/15, 03:30 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
A day in the country today. Must have put 100+ miles driving through Sussex and Warren Counties, NJ. With a full tank, plenty of smokes, and my new camera, it was a perfect opportunity to work on my convertible tan. The Mustang got dirtier and bug-ier with each stop. Needs another wash and detailing. Ask me if I care.

I had no specific route or destination....if an intersection looked interesting, that's where I turned. When you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-c007-copy.jpg   2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-c027-copy.jpg   2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-c039-copy.jpg   2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-c046-copy.jpg   2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-c052-copy.jpg  

2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-c058-copy.jpg  
Old 5/8/15, 03:35 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by TripleBlack14
A day in the country today. Must have put 100+ miles driving through Sussex and Warren Counties, NJ. With a full tank, plenty of smokes, and my new camera, it was a perfect opportunity to work on my convertible tan. The Mustang got dirtier and bug-ier with each stop. Needs another wash and detailing. Ask me if I care.

I had no specific route or destination....if an intersection looked interesting, that's where I turned. When you don't know where you're going, any road will take you there.
That's an awesome way to spend a day!

here's one of my new rear tires. HUGE

Name:  20150508_132458_zpstechwkt7.jpg
Views: 108
Size:  282.6 KB

Last edited by DarrenGT; 5/8/15 at 03:42 PM.
Old 5/8/15, 03:47 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by DarrenGT
That's an awesome way to spend a day!
Now that you have posted those photos, what do you like about them and what do you not like?

Holy Crap!!! You can make some cash on the side steamrolling driveways.

The biggest problem I have is that on a very sunny day, like today, it's difficult to compose a shot looking through the viewfinder or flip out screen. It's hard to see telephone lines, my own shadow, and reflections. I also have a tendency to miss the obvious, like poles appearing as if they're coming through the car, or junk images inside shots that can't be cropped out.

I took almost 80 shots. Many were crap, and I kept about 30 decent pics. The ones I posted are the most acceptable.

Do you spot anything that I could have done better or differently? I'm open to criticism and have thick skin. Just don't say anything dirty about my mother.

I love my polarizing filter...it's a great equalizer.
Old 5/8/15, 03:53 PM
FR500 Member

I kinda like this view better than the first one I posted. I probably could have pulled a little closer to that old Esso pump. Wish those wires weren't there. Otherwise it would have been a pretty good pic.

By the way, that place is called The Stillwater Garage. It's a functioning custom body shop. Inside were chopped Mercs, in-progress muscle car restos, and hot rods. The place is a time machine. Across the road is an little general store with a ratty, rusted Texaco pump on the outside, and an equally ratty Texaco sign on an old pole. New Jersey ain't just highway refineries and potholes. If we can rid of them and the Democrats, this could be heaven.
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-c009-copy.jpg  

Last edited by TripleBlack14; 5/8/15 at 03:59 PM.
Old 5/8/15, 04:15 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
Originally Posted by CiniZter
just basic dslr got from criaglist fro 250 buck. nikon d3100. yes i touch up with lightroom, my pics as they are taken out of the camera are no good. it takes a great pro to make unedited pic look this awesome. mine is all edited and adulterated.
Thanks man. The photos look great!

Originally Posted by 427R Torch
Just got this a couple of months ago. Loving it so far.
Killer car! Very nice sir.

Good for you Tom. Car and photos look really good!

Awesome sir. I hear good things about the Mickey Thompson's.
Steamrolling for sure!
Old 5/8/15, 08:05 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Lets see your latest Pics

Originally Posted by JoeMidnight
that's why they invented selfie sticks. Go buy a really long one
They make those.
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-fb_img_1431137092995.jpg  
Old 5/8/15, 08:13 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

I like the white picket fence shot alot. I would have stayed low like you did but got closer to the rear corner of the car and eliminated the house from the picture. The mustang rear lends itself really well to diminishing perspectove shots, especially with the bigger spoiler
Old 5/8/15, 08:24 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Lets see your latest Pics

I like the white picket fence shot alot. I would have stayed low like you did but got closer to the rear corner of the car and eliminated the house from the picture. The mustang rear lends itself really well to diminishing perspectove shots, especially with the bigger spoiler
^This. Would you believe there's a Prius parked in front of my mustang in my avatar?
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-fb_img_1431138385358.jpg   2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-fb_img_1431138370982.jpg  

Last edited by Blue Notch; 5/8/15 at 08:27 PM.
Old 5/8/15, 08:50 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
^This. Would you believe there's a Prius parked in front of my mustang in my avatar?
Lol too funny
Old 5/8/15, 09:31 PM
Cobra Member

Received 44 Likes on 30 Posts
I kinda like this view better than the first one I posted. I probably could have pulled a little closer to that old Esso pump. Wish those wires weren't there. Otherwise it would have been a pretty good pic.
You might have been able to position yourself more to the right so the Esso pump and the flag were still visible and frame the photo to eliminate the lines - if you had noticed them before taking the shot. On the other hand, the sky color is even enough that you could probably PhotoShop out the lines.

Great looking car. We went for a drive today but I didn't take any photos. It was sunny and near 80 in Western Washington. We had lunch on an outdoor deck at a restaurant in Gig Harbor and saw a Sea Otter walking up out of the water dragging a flounder. Pretty cool, unless you were the flounder.
Old 5/9/15, 02:32 AM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Lol too funny
Thats super bad *** man. How wide is the rim? 10 inch?
Old 5/9/15, 05:31 AM
FR500 Member

I have a complicated Photoshop type program that came with my camera but haven't learned it yet. Instead I used a basic Windows editing program which allowed me to replace the offending telephone lines by copying the surrounding color of the sky. I also manipulated colors and saturation just a bit for an artsy-fartsy look. I like this one much better.
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-c1-adjusted.jpg  

Last edited by TripleBlack14; 5/9/15 at 05:32 AM.
Old 5/9/15, 06:30 AM
FR500 Member

Here ya go, Darren. Same deal as the new Esso pump shot...the house and some poles were eliminated. A wide angle shot sure makes my a$$ look fat.
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-c3-house-poles-removed-copy-2-.jpg   2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-c2-house-poles-removed-copy.jpg  
Old 5/9/15, 10:07 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by xtc.inc
Thats super bad *** man. How wide is the rim? 10 inch?
yes sir, 10" rear, 9" front. Hoping the front tires arrive within a week or 2.

I have a complicated Photoshop type program that came with my camera but haven't learned it yet. Instead I used a basic Windows editing program which allowed me to replace the offending telephone lines by copying the surrounding color of the sky. I also manipulated colors and saturation just a bit for an artsy-fartsy look. I like this one much better.
That looks awesome! A little color helps alot depending on the camera i find.

Here ya go, Darren. Same deal as the new Esso pump shot...the house and some poles were eliminated. A wide angle shot sure makes my a$$ look fat.
That's what i do, take a bunch of shots within the same theme and see which one looks best. Back in the days of film, this was a REALLY expensive hobby LOL
Old 5/9/15, 12:32 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts
That looks good Tom.
Old 5/9/15, 02:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Rolling shot of the GF's car as we were heading out on a lengthy cruise this morning:

Name:  2015-05-09_rolling_zpstv91b5p0.jpg
Views: 140
Size:  262.4 KB

And when we got back home, cooling off the superchargers

Name:  2015-05-09_StallionSNAKB1T_zpspdsktbr5.jpg
Views: 126
Size:  520.6 KB
Old 5/9/15, 04:47 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Those are beautiful pics TripleBlack, love how your car looks. I also can't believe those are pics from New Jersey, I live right across the river in NYC, and I never knew Jersey can be that pretty.
Old 5/9/15, 05:22 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 100 Likes on 61 Posts
I kinda like this view better than the first one I posted. I probably could have pulled a little closer to that old Esso pump. Wish those wires weren't there. Otherwise it would have been a pretty good pic. By the way, that place is called The Stillwater Garage. It's a functioning custom body shop. Inside were chopped Mercs, in-progress muscle car restos, and hot rods. The place is a time machine. Across the road is an little general store with a ratty, rusted Texaco pump on the outside, and an equally ratty Texaco sign on an old pole. New Jersey ain't just highway refineries and potholes. If we can rid of them and the Democrats, this could be heaven.
Um that pic should be framed. Very nice! Those can be easily photoshopped out.

Last edited by VidPro; 5/9/15 at 05:23 PM.
Old 5/9/15, 06:11 PM
FR500 Member

Originally Posted by kanine
Those are beautiful pics TripleBlack, love how your car looks. I also can't believe those are pics from New Jersey, I live right across the river in NYC, and I never knew Jersey can be that pretty.
Thanks...compliments much appreciated.

Much of NJ is just like that. The areas that surround NYC and Philly are what many outsiders see or think about when you mention this state....that and the refineries and industry along the NJ Turnpike.

Northwestern NJ, where those photos were taken, can be breathtaking, especially in the Fall. It also borders the Delaware Water Gap and the Appalachian trail runs through Warren County. A little more south towards the western central part of the state is Hunterdown and Somerset Counties....farms and horse country. The Jersey Shore, depending on your perspective can be good or bad, but there's no denying that it's legendary.

A huge portion of this state is covered in the Pine Barrens. At one time, perhaps in the last 25 years, South Jersey provided the largest number of rodeo horses in the country, and it was, maybe still is, the second or third largest producer of cranberries. NJ is steeped in Revolutionary War history, and part of Southern NJ is below the Mason-Dixon line.

Best of all, you can find the most awsome, coolest. triple black Mustang GT convertible in the country right here in the heart of Morris County.

All in all, not a bad place....but I still plan on moving to eastern Pennslytucky soon.

Quick Reply: 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY