2010-2014 Mustang Information on The S197 {GenII}

2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY

Search this Thread

Old 4/20/15, 02:19 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
Originally Posted by Stage_3
Gabe,.....that is the money shot right there bro!
Car looks and sounds killer.
dat front plate tho
Old 4/20/15, 02:25 PM
Cobra Member

Received 9 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by GoTime
Some new pics for 2015 ...
Unreal ride as usual. We all like seeing it. Dont hesitate to post more, AFM forum is basically dead now anyway.
Old 4/20/15, 02:28 PM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
dat front plate tho
I agree. Gabe, just take the darn thing off. It distracts from the front
Old 4/20/15, 04:34 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 545 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Gabe. Car's looking good. Sorry to hear about the numbers. Love the whine though I can actually hear my whine lately. I love it.

But back to your numbers...why are you leaning out? I can't imagine JDM would have given you a tune where you are leaning out. Did you change something? And the large rear tires aren't helping out the #'s either. With my latest tune, I should be around 540-550rwhp with the extra timing they gave me (now at 10 degrees). You should be way higher than me...maybe close to 600.
Thanks Burton ... I don't think it's something that JDM is responsible for.
My boost has pretty much always maxed out around 8-9 psi on my in-car gauge.
During the run I posted the video of (with the lower numbers), it was mostly around 7, peaking at 8 briefly.
The guy that installed my blower was there, he was able to tighten the fitting that the boost sensor goes into, another full turn.
I took it for a blast up the road and was seeing 7-8 psi constant, with brief 9 psi peaks.
On the way home I think I even saw a brief 10 psi readout, while pulling away from a toll booth
The tuner dude thought I left with about 560-570 rwhp on Saturday, accounting for the bigger tires and warmer/more humid air.
So the boost issue might be gone, but I may have caused some of the loss since I had the factory exhaust mid-pipe modified to remove some restrictive piping.
A freer-flowing exhaust usually means lower boost numbers, resulting in the "need" for a smaller pulley.
Good thing there ARE smaller pulleys available

The lean condition at idle is thought (by the tuner and the guy that installed my blower) to be because of a somewhat loose-fitting PCV connector going from the pass-side catch can to the blower nipple.
I ordered the JLT Whipple/Roush conversion kit to cure this.

One thing's for sure, the way the car is now, winding out the gears quickly causes blurred vision and the need to pay attention to everything in front and around you.
Car flies, regardless of what Saturday's numbers might say

I plan on a new H-pipe, possibly the Lethal over-axle pipes, and a smaller pulley, along with a boost-a-pump, soon.

Gabe,.....that is the money shot right there bro!
Car looks and sounds killer.
Thanks Tony ... you should've come up on Saturday ... run that Hemi truck on the dyno, lol ...

dat front plate tho
I agree. Gabe, just take the darn thing off. It distracts from the front
Now that would be illegal, and NH cops are sticklers for this kinda crap ... I hear it's something like $170 ticket for no front plate ... don't want that kind of unnecessary expense in my life right now ...

Last edited by Gabe; 4/20/15 at 05:02 PM. Reason: Spelling
Old 4/21/15, 05:16 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Gabe
Now that would be illegal, and NH cops are sticklers for this kinda crap ... I hear it's something like $170 ticket for no front plate ... don't want that kind of unnecessary expense in my life right now ...
http://www.americanmuscle.com/flipdo...te-manual.html
whammy!!

But anyway, the car looks great!! And I bet it is a fun ride too. I need to get a blower on mine someday
Old 4/21/15, 07:02 AM
Legacy TMS Member

http://www.americanmuscle.com/flipdo...te-manual.html
whammy!!

But anyway, the car looks great!! And I bet it is a fun ride too. I need to get a blower on mine someday
Thanks!

As far as the flip-down plate holder, I already have it, just didn't fold it down for the pics above.

here it is folded:

Name:  2015-03-29_new-wheels5_zpsb1l4t99k.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  509.1 KB
Old 4/21/15, 07:32 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Thanks!

As far as the flip-down plate holder, I already have it, just didn't fold it down for the pics above.

here it is folded:

yes yes, much better!!
Old 4/21/15, 07:55 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts
Thanks!

here it is folded:

Car is looking good Gabe. The new shoes really pull it together.

I'd like to install a hideaway plate holder to my car too. I've not done it yet because I questioned if I could get it to fit up well enough with the Roush splitter? Was it a PITA to install? Like you, I don't need any tickets right now.

Thanks,
John
Old 4/21/15, 09:30 AM
I Have No Life

Thanks Burton ... I don't think it's something that JDM is responsible for.
My boost has pretty much always maxed out around 8-9 psi on my in-car gauge.
During the run I posted the video of (with the lower numbers), it was mostly around 7, peaking at 8 briefly.
The guy that installed my blower was there, he was able to tighten the fitting that the boost sensor goes into, another full turn.
I took it for a blast up the road and was seeing 7-8 psi constant, with brief 9 psi peaks.
On the way home I think I even saw a brief 10 psi readout, while pulling away from a toll booth
The tuner dude thought I left with about 560-570 rwhp on Saturday, accounting for the bigger tires and warmer/more humid air.
So the boost issue might be gone, but I may have caused some of the loss since I had the factory exhaust mid-pipe modified to remove some restrictive piping.
A freer-flowing exhaust usually means lower boost numbers, resulting in the "need" for a smaller pulley.
Good thing there ARE smaller pulleys available

The lean condition at idle is thought (by the tuner and the guy that installed my blower) to be because of a somewhat loose-fitting PCV connector going from the pass-side catch can to the blower nipple.
I ordered the JLT Whipple/Roush conversion kit to cure this.

One thing's for sure, the way the car is now, winding out the gears quickly causes blurred vision and the need to pay attention to everything in front and around you.
Car flies, regardless of what Saturday's numbers might say

I plan on a new H-pipe, possibly the Lethal over-axle pipes, and a smaller pulley, along with a boost-a-pump, soon.

Interesting Gabe. So that should be a lesson to me and all of us who run Oil Separators. Make sure the PCV connections are tight/secure, etc. Causing lean if not. Luckily all my numbers show just right, etc...for now.

As for the front plate, yes of course it's illegal Live on the edge, Gabe! haha
Old 4/21/15, 02:35 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,749 Likes on 1,240 Posts

Thanks Tony ... you should've come up on Saturday ... run that Hemi truck on the dyno, lol ...
Exactly.
I was actually saying that to myself when I read your post. The humidity and larger tires will play a big part in that reading. Also, that was 2 different dyno's, correct? One may have more calibrated than the other.
I should have brought the Hemi up for a couple of pulls!! lol
Old 4/21/15, 02:46 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Originally Posted by Horspla
Car is looking good Gabe. The new shoes really pull it together.

I'd like to install a hideaway plate holder to my car too. I've not done it yet because I questioned if I could get it to fit up well enough with the Roush splitter? Was it a PITA to install? Like you, I don't need any tickets right now.

Thanks,
John
Thanks John .... not a huge pain, but much easier with the bumper cover off the car. I installed it originally with the bumper on the car, just drove the car onto ramps and got under it on my back.
Recently I had the bumper cover off to work on the grilles and re-did the way the plate holder was mounted, so now it sits more level and is more secure.

Interesting Gabe. So that should be a lesson to me and all of us who run Oil Separators. Make sure the PCV connections are tight/secure, etc. Causing lean if not. Luckily all my numbers show just right, etc...for now.

As for the front plate, yes of course it's illegal Live on the edge, Gabe! haha
Lol, yeah ...

Exactly.
I was actually saying that to myself when I read your post. The humidity and larger tires will play a big part in that reading. Also, that was 2 different dyno's, correct? One may have more calibrated than the other.
I should have brought the Hemi up for a couple of pulls!! lol
Same dyno, same shop, just a warmer day, more humid, and 305/35/20 tires on 20x10 wheels instead of (I think) 275/40/18 tires on 18x9.5 rims
Old 4/21/15, 03:05 PM
TMS Editor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Front Page News!

so much awesomeness in this thread, had to share some of it with the front page: https://themustangsource.com/10-cool...-forums-13882/
Old 4/21/15, 03:23 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by C Moe
so much awesomeness in this thread, had to share some of it with the front page: https://themustangsource.com/10-cool...-forums-13882/
wow... thanks Chris. I'm humbled that you picked mine as one of the 10.

Question is, why is Gabe's there????? HAHAHAAHAHARHAHARHARHAR. Kidding Gabe. Much deserved. Beautiful cars here. Keep em coming. My favorite thread.
Old 4/21/15, 04:26 PM
Legacy TMS Member

wow... thanks Chris. I'm humbled that you picked mine as one of the 10.

Question is, why is Gabe's there????? HAHAHAAHAHARHAHARHARHAR. Kidding Gabe. Much deserved. Beautiful cars here. Keep em coming. My favorite thread.
LOL ...... happy to be considered for the article, that's awesome!
Old 4/21/15, 05:22 PM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
Thank you so much for selecting my engine bay as one of your Top 10, Chris. I can think of at least a dozen fellow members whose cars are more deserving of recognition than mine, but I am none the less flattered and grateful.
Old 4/22/15, 06:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow haha this made my day! Thank you so much!
Old 4/22/15, 11:28 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Tom, it's like your car and my car had a baby!
Attached Thumbnails 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY-image.jpg  
Old 4/23/15, 04:03 AM
FR500 Member

Received 118 Likes on 101 Posts
That is really beautiful in Ingot Silver, Patrick. Love the CS40's with that color, but it does look a little naked without a spoiler.
Old 4/23/15, 08:21 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by laserred38
Tom, it's like your car and my car had a baby!
Where can I see more pictures of this car?
Old 4/23/15, 08:23 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 166 Likes on 141 Posts
Where can I see more pictures of this car?

Instagram..

Quick Reply: 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY