Sponsored By:
Sponsored By:

2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY

Search this Thread

Old 5/5/15, 09:00 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by FromZto5
Very nice setup man! I still need to drive or get a ride in a centri blown pony versus a roots blown one like mine. I wonder if there would be a diff if similarly tuned???
For street driving and traction reasons i'll take a centri over a roots or twin screw anyday. Although I do love the whine of the magnacharger and whipple!
Old 5/5/15, 10:51 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by SONICBOOST
For street driving and traction reasons i'll take a centri over a roots or twin screw anyday. Although I do love the whine of the magnacharger and whipple!
I am torn too can you elaborate why, it's my next purchase...
Old 5/6/15, 05:38 AM
I Have No Life

Received 172 Likes on 145 Posts
So more traction because, hp/torque doesn't hit till higher in the rpms? For streetability I prefer torque down low, instantly. True I spin more, but still. Need it down low
Old 5/6/15, 05:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 51 Likes on 47 Posts
For streetability I prefer torque down low, instantly.
I agree. Makes the car feel a lot faster around town.
Old 5/6/15, 06:04 AM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts

That is why I'm going centri....already too easy to break traction now. I do think the twin screw blowers look nicer in the engine bay.

Last edited by SpectreH; 5/6/15 at 06:05 AM.
Old 5/6/15, 06:34 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Just FYI...some good info on this site
http://www.superchargersonline.com/i...page=page&id=7
Old 5/6/15, 07:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Thanks buddy!
Old 5/6/15, 07:55 AM

FromZto5 - I'm running the torque booster so I'm a bit closer to PD type hp and torque numbers than a standard Paxton install. Torque comes on a bit later than a PD blower but I'm running 3.73's and traction is a major issue thru 4th gear.

GBStang13 - Right now the car it putting down 662whp and 507 torque.

I've driven both a PD and a centri car and really enjoy both. It was tough to decide on which one to go with and I made several pro and con lists, read tons of posts, and spoke to a lot of people.

Ultimately it came down to the following - I liked the concept of not having instant boost at low rpms. My logic was that instant boost would be harder on the engine and I'd like to go a year or so before I need to build a motor. To me it seemed that a more gradual building of boost would be easier on the motor. Interestingly enough I find myself shifting on the street at WOT between 4k and 5k rpms when I'm in the mood to play around. The car only sees about 5-6psi of boost in most cases versus 8-10 (depending on pulley size) it would see with a PD blower. Living in the SE it is hot in the summer and I felt lower IAT's would be better for the motor so that kinda ruled out a PD blower. I also tend to gravitate towards Steeda products and their philosophy towards building parts and how they should function. They have a good write up about superchargers and why they ultimately settled on the Vortech as being the best all around solution. I decided in favor the Paxton over the Vortech simply because Paxton kits seem a bit easier/faster to sell should I ever need to.

So that's my rationale behind why I went with a centri versus a PD blower. That said I prefer the look of a PD blower under the hood, and I love the whine!

It's hard to go wrong with either route and ultimately you need to evaluate your goals and figure out which one gets you closest to what you want. It's a big investment so take your time. If I were to do it over again I'd be all over the new 2.9 Whipple because they whine almost as much as the old Terminators, the IAT's aren't as bad (supposedly) as the VMP/Roush, and they look sexy as hell in my opinion.....Good luck.
Old 5/6/15, 08:36 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Buggywhips
FromZto5 - I'm running the torque booster so I'm a bit closer to PD type hp and torque numbers than a standard Paxton install. Torque comes on a bit later than a PD blower but I'm running 3.73's and traction is a major issue thru 4th gear.

GBStang13 - Right now the car it putting down 662whp and 507 torque.

I've driven both a PD and a centri car and really enjoy both. It was tough to decide on which one to go with and I made several pro and con lists, read tons of posts, and spoke to a lot of people.

Ultimately it came down to the following - I liked the concept of not having instant boost at low rpms. My logic was that instant boost would be harder on the engine and I'd like to go a year or so before I need to build a motor. To me it seemed that a more gradual building of boost would be easier on the motor. Interestingly enough I find myself shifting on the street at WOT between 4k and 5k rpms when I'm in the mood to play around. The car only sees about 5-6psi of boost in most cases versus 8-10 (depending on pulley size) it would see with a PD blower. Living in the SE it is hot in the summer and I felt lower IAT's would be better for the motor so that kinda ruled out a PD blower. I also tend to gravitate towards Steeda products and their philosophy towards building parts and how they should function. They have a good write up about superchargers and why they ultimately settled on the Vortech as being the best all around solution. I decided in favor the Paxton over the Vortech simply because Paxton kits seem a bit easier/faster to sell should I ever need to.

So that's my rationale behind why I went with a centri versus a PD blower. That said I prefer the look of a PD blower under the hood, and I love the whine!

It's hard to go wrong with either route and ultimately you need to evaluate your goals and figure out which one gets you closest to what you want. It's a big investment so take your time. If I were to do it over again I'd be all over the new 2.9 Whipple because they whine almost as much as the old Terminators, the IAT's aren't as bad (supposedly) as the VMP/Roush, and they look sexy as hell in my opinion.....Good luck.
Nice writeup and good explanation. Yeah, maybe next time I'll try the centri and either vortech or paxton or procharger. As of now, I'm very happy with my magna TVS

As far as your whp, dude, that's a lot. 662??? I mean that's great and all, but aren't you concerned about longevity of the engine and trans? From all the research I've done, ~600whp is about the limit our stock motors/trans can take. Maybe you had the internals upgraded? If so, then you're fine. If not, doesn't that concern you??? My tuner and I settled on "capping" mine at 550whp. I could have easily been over 600, but my tuner is very conservative and I am too. So....
Old 5/6/15, 09:00 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

My tuner and I settled on "capping" mine at 550whp. I could have easily been over 600, but my tuner is very conservative and I am too. So....
I wonder where 550whp and drag radials would put you at in the 1/4 mile. I'd like to be in the low 11's some day...

Last edited by Coyote5-0; 5/6/15 at 09:02 AM.
Old 5/6/15, 11:11 AM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Coyote5-0
I wonder where 550whp and drag radials would put you at in the 1/4 mile. I'd like to be in the low 11's some day...
Considering stock 5.0's hit 12's already (~360whp), I would think that in the hands of a very capable/good driver (not me obviously, I suck), I would hope my car would hit somewhere in the low to mid 11's. But I dunno, maybe someone with more experience can chime in.
Old 5/6/15, 11:23 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Considering stock 5.0's hit 12's already (~360whp), I would think that in the hands of a very capable/good driver (not me obviously, I suck), I would hope my car would hit somewhere in the low to mid 11's. But I dunno, maybe someone with more experience can chime in.

The best I could do on street tires was 12.9. And I was the fastest of new stock Mustangs out there. Most guys couldn't get below 13.1 or 13.0. I don't know how Motor Trend got one to go 12.7. Maybe the presser cars have some more power with a special Ford tune
Old 5/6/15, 12:17 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Originally Posted by GBStang13
I am torn too can you elaborate why, it's my next purchase...
I've always loved turbos and couldn't get one in California so I got a centri. I prefer a centri because I like the progressive/gradual power throughout the powerband vs the instant torque a twin screw gives. Both are fun but with a centri and street tires you don't have to worry so much about punching it and doing a 90 degree turn into the car next to you. Flame on!

Last edited by SONICBOOST; 5/6/15 at 12:19 PM.
Old 5/6/15, 12:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Both are fun but with a centri and street tires you don't have to worry so much about punching it and doing a 90 degree turn into the car next to you.
hmm....valid point.
Old 5/6/15, 01:23 PM

Nice writeup and good explanation. Yeah, maybe next time I'll try the centri and either vortech or paxton or procharger. As of now, I'm very happy with my magna TVS

As far as your whp, dude, that's a lot. 662??? I mean that's great and all, but aren't you concerned about longevity of the engine and trans? From all the research I've done, ~600whp is about the limit our stock motors/trans can take. Maybe you had the internals upgraded? If so, then you're fine. If not, doesn't that concern you??? My tuner and I settled on "capping" mine at 550whp. I could have easily been over 600, but my tuner is very conservative and I am too. So....
There's a lot of numbers thrown around when it comes to what these stock motors can handle. Some say 600 and some say 650 are the limits for a daily driver.

My car has all it's stock internals and my tuner and I are very happy where the timing and fuel are at the moment. So I'm not really worried but anytime I go WOT I do so with the thought that this might be the last time she'll handle it. That said she rarely sees WOT pulls and I'm usually out of the throttle with about 6-7 pounds of boost. I think I'm fairly "safe" but who knows.
Old 5/6/15, 01:47 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

In the words of Biggie Smalls: "break it, buy a new one."
Old 5/6/15, 02:44 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
some pics from last weekend car show

Old 5/6/15, 03:03 PM
I Have No Life

Originally Posted by Buggywhips
There's a lot of numbers thrown around when it comes to what these stock motors can handle. Some say 600 and some say 650 are the limits for a daily driver.

My car has all it's stock internals and my tuner and I are very happy where the timing and fuel are at the moment. So I'm not really worried but anytime I go WOT I do so with the thought that this might be the last time she'll handle it. That said she rarely sees WOT pulls and I'm usually out of the throttle with about 6-7 pounds of boost. I think I'm fairly "safe" but who knows.
You're last two sentences are what worry me lol. If you like it that way, that's your choice. For me, I want to be able to go wot anytime I want and not fear for anything
Old 5/6/15, 03:06 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 212 Likes on 145 Posts
Originally Posted by CiniZter
some pics from last weekend car show

Brilliant photography! I love both of those stangs!
Old 5/6/15, 03:55 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

That red Shelby tho

Quick Reply: 2010-2014 Ford Mustang S-197 Gen II Lets see your latest Pics PHOTO GALLERY