Ford OEM Parts {Oem Ford Parts Information & Links} Get Ford Parts from Forum Member 05stangkc {Ebay Sales Link}

Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle

Search this Thread

Old 5/25/11, 09:08 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Glad to see you back in the house Kevin. We are here for you...
Old 7/5/11, 08:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by topbliss
Im tearing here reading this Kevin.. I don't know how you made it thru and I avoided reading your posts because I cannot bear to share your sadness. God bless you so much.. I cannot bear to read the whole thread.. yet.
Noooo!!!! Read it and read it often! There is a silver lining, find the silver lining!! It's beauty is that it is a sobering wake up call to what is important in life, it is a reminder to pay attention, to live in the moment, to never take for granted the people you love and who love you, to keep things in perspective and let the insignificant things go that can take our precious attention, love and energy away. Kevin and his family's pain is a tragedy, but it is also a gift given by them to anyone who takes the time to read it, and opens their heart and mind to absorb it. Somewhere in here Kevin mentions the very high price they paid to learn these lessons - they offer it here to us for nothing, through sharing their own pain they enable us to not have to pay the high price. Agape - they gave their love, the truest, most pure form, the highest level of love to humanity. Give them comfort by accepting their gift - read it, read it often, find the silver lining and rejoice in the beauty; to avoid it would be yet another tragedy.

I hope this thread stays here for eternity, as coming here will keep my mind and spirit healthy. And for that I thank you Kevin, Andrew, and Family.

Last edited by MustangLynda; 7/5/11 at 08:50 PM.
Old 7/15/11, 07:44 AM
Bullitt Member

Lynda is right.

I was reading each day live as it happened for months.. I remember sending Andrew some presents and getting the pictures from Kevin when Andrew opened them... We all felt like we were Caseys. For those that were around during it all, we were hit hard. For those that read through it now from start to finish, they too will be hit hard. Andrew's tale is tragic in it's end, however, the Casey family made every moment count up until the end. A great message to carry from this is to treat everone like now is the last time you'll see/talk to them. No one knows when a person may be taken from this world without warning. To have neglected or taken someone for granted only to have them lost forever before you can redeem that mistake.. That's a tragedy in life.
Old 9/6/11, 12:28 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,861 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Hello,

Today is 8 months to the day we lost Andrew. I came accross a ZIP Drive of Andrews recently and found a lot of pictures and wanted to share these two. The 72 Pic is very special as somewhere I have a Similar picture of myself in my 63 Dodge Cleaning from inside the engine bay.

I have been away recently due to personal medical Issues which came to a head shortly after my last post. I am again attempting to get back into the groove. I am currently still getting tests done to determine exactly whats going on.

I appreciate the continued support over Andrew and am happy he got to touch so many lives. Someday I will also re-read all the posts but for now the cut is still deep and too close to the surface.

I have often thought should I close this forum or not but after reading the last two posts I think leaving it open is a living memorial to {OUR} Son Andrew. Our as in{ All that Cared for him}!

Mgb,

KC
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew70.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-andrew72.jpg  

Last edited by 05stangkc; 9/6/11 at 12:33 PM.
Old 9/6/11, 12:56 PM
Team Mustang Source

Very touching photo's Kevin. For me I really like the first one. I have been wondering how you are doing.
I hope your test all came out fine and that everything else is going well.
Very nice to hear from you.
Old 9/6/11, 03:29 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

It is good to hear from you Kevin. You have been in my thoughts often and will continue there are you deal with your own health. I hope all turns out well. Thanks for sharing the pictures with us.
Old 9/6/11, 04:11 PM
GT Member

Glad to see you back . I have been thinking about you and your family and wondering how you were doing. I hope everything is going well. I have been checking to see if there were any new posts from you. I was thinking something must be wrong why we havent heard from you. Welcome back and god bless you and your family.
Old 9/6/11, 06:02 PM

Andrew Doing what he loved best. Shortly after becoming ill.
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-img_0295.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-img_0296.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-img_0299.jpg   Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-img_0301.jpg  
Old 9/6/11, 06:03 PM
FR500 Member

Kevin,

I'm glad to see that you're back. I have been thinking of you. I hope that your medical issues will get sorted out soon. I agree that you should keep this thread alive. It is a fitting tribute both to Andrew and to his family!
Old 9/7/11, 05:30 AM
GT Member

I hope everything is going well with your medical issues. I know the last time we talked you were saying something about you not feeling well. I hope everything is better. I agree you should keep this thread going, if you feel comfortable and it helps you. I personally think its great that you can share this with us and that any kind words in a time of sorrow and stress helps. You and your family are still in my familys prayers.
Old 9/7/11, 05:41 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Glad to see you're back Kev, thanks for sharing the pics!
Old 9/26/11, 02:16 PM

I started to ReRead The Forum Today from Page 1 I had to stop though. Just not Strong enough Yet. It's still just Surreal.

Mgb,

KC
Old 9/27/11, 07:42 AM
Bullitt Member

Kevin

I only hope that I can be as strong a person when faced with the adversity you've seen in the last year.

Your fight and attitude have been nothing short of inspirational to all of us....dont ever sell yourself short or ever doubt that. I can only imagine how difficult its been for you and I hope that if I am ever faced with the same difficulties I can somehow manage to produce half the stregnth you've displayed.

You take all the time you need and know that all of us are pulling for you.

We'll keep you in our prayers.

Andretti
Old 9/27/11, 08:50 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Kevin, I simply cannot wrap my mind around what you went thru. I cannot imagine life without our Son
Old 9/27/11, 09:01 AM
GT Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Kevin,

Sorry about what took place with your Son.
My hope for all of you is that as Time goes By things will get better for you all.

Terry
Old 9/27/11, 06:52 PM

Our TmS Friends have helped greatly in giving us strength. We share about it when talking to friends. I will leave this forum open as long as TMS will let me. There is too much evidence of the good people still out there in the world.

TMS has been a second Family to me since 2004. It's statement I don't make likely.

Thanks again for all the Kind words & Support

Mgb,

Kc &

The Casey's

Last edited by 05stangkc; 9/27/11 at 07:03 PM.
Old 9/28/11, 01:48 PM

As I was walking out the Door Today I had one of my Trigger Moments. That is something that triggers strong emotion in regards to my son. I am no poet by any means but felt compelled to write this. I hope you like it.

KC

The Coat Rack & The Hat

As I walk out my front door a work coat & hat catches my eye.
They hang on a coat rack that I always pass by.

A rack filled with memories of days that have past .
The fixture that held coats for Mom,Dad, Brother & Sister Last.

At one time coats so small & cute for the kids to stay warm.
Later to be fashionable & trendy as is the norm.

Two pegs for each to use and labeled with a name.
I am reminded instantly my life will never again be the same.

The tears well up and won't stop flowing.
As I realize my son's hat & coat will never again have anywhere to be going.

I will never forget my special guy.
and everyday I still wonder why.

Why o Why did I lose my son.
Surely at my age I should have been the one.

21 Years is just not enough in my mind
For a young man so sweet & kind.

I loved that he called me Dad.
He very seldom gave me reason to get mad.

He was such a Joy.
My Special Little boy.

I won't fight when it's my time to go.
I have a special boy to see I know.

So I live for today.
Even though my Heart is so far Away.

They say the star that is twice as bright burns half as long.
I now now that can't be wrong.

Son, I got your coat & hat
I wish I could bring to where your at.

But for now I will have to wait.
Until it's my turn to be at the pearly gate.

I Love You Son.
Dad
Attached Thumbnails Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle-hat.jpg  

Last edited by 05stangkc; 9/28/11 at 02:32 PM.
Old 9/29/11, 06:31 AM
Cobra Member

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
oh God, Kev. That made me cry.. God bless you, man.. I think of my 17 year old Son and how and what it would have done to me if I lost him like you did.
Old 9/29/11, 12:48 PM
Bullitt Member

Beautiful poem Kevin. Written through you to share with the world! Your son lives forever in memory. My cousin was taken from this world by leukemia in February and before he passed, he showed me this song... I still can't make it halfway through without tearing up. It was important to him and I thought I'd share it with you... It's helped me through some tough nights. God Bless

http://www.4shared.com/audio/CZ4bRB4...orld__Don.html
Old 9/29/11, 08:05 PM

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Kevin, I have never met you and Andrew, business over the phone yes and such, but I keep this thread open to me so I feel the power of Andrew. I know where he is and I know you want him here with you more than anything. I keep his picture next to my dads on this laptop and anytime I feel empty I go to that picture of both of them and know they are still with us and somehow, that feeling of grace comes back to me.

Thank you Andrew for who you were and what you are today, at least to me. I hope this is not selfish for me to feel this way...

DJ

Quick Reply: Andrew Casey's Cancer Battle