05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

05stangkc Customers GT-500 & Gt/CS FINAL Conversion PICS! PLEASE POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 4/5/07, 08:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nevermind, I have solved my own riddle.

http://www.shelbyautos.com/galleries/gt3/gt304-800.jpg

Still interested in seeing an owned car though, I don't think Ive ever seen a pic of one...
Old 4/5/07, 08:30 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,580 Likes on 1,909 Posts
AS I Thought! Production is Different than all Those Teaser Pics!
Old 4/5/07, 09:06 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
AS I Thought! Production is Different than all Those Teaser Pics!
Something I now really wish I would have known before I spent the cash and ordered mine....

Oh well, live and learn. It should still look good...
Old 4/5/07, 09:43 PM

I thought I'd post a few pic's of my conversion on this site as well. I didn't get my parts from KC but he did help me out with a few part number and with the idea for the swap. Thanks again for the inspiration.

Old 4/5/07, 10:34 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by futuresvt
OK, so I bought the GT/CS front fascia and asked the dealer to paint the lower portion body colored, a la the Shelby GT.

I get the call today from my salesman saying that the body guys could not paint the lower portion due to the texture, they even called ford and asked and were told not to paint it because it will not work and the paint will come off, etc. Supposedly, my salesman is even saying that he thinks it is a different part than on the shelby b/c the shelby is painted and this one cannot be painted. I think the salesman is wrong about this, but what do I do now...

WTF

Is this legit, has anyone else had the bar painted similar to the Shelby, and if so, how???

Shelby does, why can't my dealer's body shop, i am not buying that it is a different part when it is just an upfitter package??????
I'd find a better body shop. The texturing is across the entire lower portion of the GT/CS front fascia. I had mine painted. I liked the look of the Pre-Production Shelby GT. It is not painted on Production Shelby GT's. Here is a pic of my Mustang.

Also, thanks to Kevin for the rear spoiler, pony emblems, and assistance on the front fascia!!
Attached Images    
Old 4/9/07, 10:04 PM

These were before painting. No pics since painted.
Razor knife required.
Grinder on Saleen charger flange (at throttle body location) required.

JC
Attached Thumbnails 05stangkc Customers GT-500 & Gt/CS FINAL Conversion PICS! PLEASE POST HERE!-shelbyhood1.jpg   05stangkc Customers GT-500 & Gt/CS FINAL Conversion PICS! PLEASE POST HERE!-shelbyhood2.jpg  
Old 4/12/07, 05:10 AM

Would the GT500 front have any problems fitting on a V6???? I had an accident and looks like the whole front bumper and one side pannel will have to be replaced, so I thought why not got for the GT500 front
Old 4/12/07, 10:07 PM
Mach 1 Member

...and hell, let insurance pay for it!
Old 4/12/07, 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by Smok
Would the GT500 front have any problems fitting on a V6???? I had an accident and looks like the whole front bumper and one side pannel will have to be replaced, so I thought why not got for the GT500 front
There have been a Rash of Accidents Lately and the End Result is a Lot of GT-500 Nose Jobs on the Insurance Companies Dime! That is a heck of a way to turn a bad deal around!

KC
Old 4/12/07, 10:39 PM

You Know if a Guy Just wanted a Shelby hood it would not take much to make a Filler out of Metal and do as My Crude Chop Shows.
Old 4/14/07, 07:32 PM
Bullitt Member

No problems at all man! I have a v6 that I did a GT500 front swap (as well as a GT/CS rear swap) after my rendeavous with one of Bambi's friends about a month ago. I got most of the parts from KC and he was a real help. I recommend anyone who is considering doing this conversion to go with KC, he's earned my business. Be warned however, this "kit" is a real looker and if your area doesn't have a bunch of GT500 or GT500 lookalikes on the road, you will be in for some real attention when you put this kit on. I can tell you from personal experience, I'm getting tons of attention for my Mustang just due to the simple modifications I made. Here are two pics (attached below) that I snapped today after I got her from the shop to have her exhaust aligned (not perfect...but will do for now) and after I washed her and installed the Mustang GT sideskirts.

Go for it man...just don't tell your insurance company what you are planning. Not sure if it makes a difference but the reason I decided to put something other than OEM v6 parts back on my Mustang (and subsequently get a loan from the bank to start modifications) was because I felt my insurance company cheaped out on the cost to repair my car. Most places said it was about $2,000 worth of damage and my insurance only wanted to give me $1,000...but they were using several used/refurbished parts that didn't sit well with me, especially when my car was less than six months old in ownership...so they () pushed me into going the modification route and I don't regret it.

You won't either.
Attached Thumbnails 05stangkc Customers GT-500 & Gt/CS FINAL Conversion PICS! PLEASE POST HERE!-mustang-003.jpg   05stangkc Customers GT-500 & Gt/CS FINAL Conversion PICS! PLEASE POST HERE!-mustang-007.jpg  
Old 4/16/07, 10:51 AM

Well looks like I'd have to pay about $1000 even more for the conversion,the insurance took a really leniant estimate on my damages....
Old 4/16/07, 12:48 PM
Cobra R Member

Well looks like I'd have to pay about $1000 even more for the conversion,the insurance took a really leniant estimate on my damages....
dont just take the insurances offer, go to your body shop and work with the techs to find more money in it. it always happens, if you take the insurances initial estimate, there isnt going to be enough money to do the work properly.
Old 4/17/07, 12:29 PM
Bullitt Member

Well if his insurance company is doing like mine did and using refurbished parts in areas to save money, he may be stuck. Like I said earlier, other places I went to said the damage to my car was near $2,000 but my insurance ended up only cutting me a check for $1,100 ($500 less deductible). They also largely ignored what other estimaters had quoted my car for repairs and had one of their own do one as well.

Don't know **shrugs** don't know much about the automotive insurance business...however if they are using refurbished parts on your car (fascia, lights, grille, .etc) you may be able to demand that only new parts be used on your car when being repaired, depending on your state of residence.

There's a chance I may be wrong, I'm just going off personal experience and stuff I've been told by other people recently.
Old 4/17/07, 02:45 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I say find a different insurance company if that's the way they treat you. I hit a deer with my 2000 mustang a while back (the reason I now have a 2006), and my insurance company was great the entire time. I got an good estimate from a repair shop and then the insurance company cut me a check and handed it to me. Nothing better than being treated well.
Old 4/17/07, 04:44 PM

When it Comes to Insurance Companies the Squeeky Wheel Gets the Grease. The Great Majority of people will let it Slide and take what is offered.

KC
Old 4/17/07, 08:42 PM
V6 Member

Wow. Just.... Wow I have a new desktop wallpaper.

IMO you toss a KR hood (or a Cali Dream hood) on that puppy and its the body kit Shelby should have made. This is now my new second favorite S197 -and thats only cuz I'm afraid mine might get tempermental if she wasnt "the one".

Originally Posted by 2006GT500
Here's mine
Old 4/18/07, 07:06 AM

Well the Ford Dealership I asked around at just called me and told me that the bumper will not fit and that it cannot be done on my V6.......................
Old 4/18/07, 07:43 AM

Well the Ford Dealership I asked around at just called me and told me that the bumper will not fit and that it cannot be done on my V6.......................
I guess I will have to Recall all those Kits that were Installed on the Six Cylinder Cars! LOL!

KC
Old 4/18/07, 07:45 AM
Bullitt Member

Your dealership either does not want to be bothered or they aren't sharp enough to figure it out. I believe if you look through this thread, you will see V-6's with the GT-500 bumper!! KC can get you everything you need. Give him a call.

Quick Reply: 05stangkc Customers GT-500 & Gt/CS FINAL Conversion PICS! PLEASE POST HERE!