05-09 Exterior Modifications Making Your '05 Stand Out from the Crowd

05stangkc Customers GT-500 & Gt/CS FINAL Conversion PICS! PLEASE POST HERE!

Search this Thread

Old 10/3/07, 03:49 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 05stangkc
Good Time For a GT-500 Front Conversion as The Prices Have Not Changed for Quite Some Time! They are Bound to go up Sooner or Later!

KC
Hi am interested in converting my 06 gt to the shelby look.can you send me a hotsheet please
Old 10/3/07, 03:59 PM

Well $hit I want my tails done like that.
Old 10/3/07, 04:46 PM
Bullitt Member

Centurion-well in extreme heat the 3m tape can peel off, but i recommend prepping the surface carefully that will strip any chemicals. perhaps i didn't prep the surface well enough the first time.

i'm putting my spoiler back on today with new 3m auto tape. i use a car cover everyday which cools everything down so i don't see the tape breaking down anymore.

2006gt500-ask some performance auto body shops in your area and discuss what i had done to my car. i'm sure they can figure it out, but i'm not exactly sure what the mixture is. it's put on just like paint and the surface has to be prepped.

if not i can ask my shop if you can send your taillights down to be tinted. it's in california though. if you want it, my shop can do mail order service.

Yes they do add a great look to the rear of the car.

Originally Posted by Centurion96
Ghettobooty:

Is that the Street Scene Ducktail and if so have you had any problems with it?

TIA

BB
Semper Fi
Old 10/5/07, 11:39 AM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,620 Likes on 1,939 Posts
Back in the Day I believe VHT had a Tail light Blackout Paint. Maybe Somebody Makes it Still. It was a Semi Popular Mod Thanks to the Blacked out Rear Lamps on 79-81 Trans-Ams!

KC
Old 10/7/07, 02:53 AM
Bullitt Member

it will definitely look great savio
Old 10/8/07, 11:01 AM
V6 Member

Hi Kevin, would you please post me Hotsheets on a GT500 front fascia. I live in UK. eduardodesousa@yahoo.com

Thanks Eduardo.
Old 10/9/07, 11:27 AM
Bullitt Member

GTS Rear Fascia

So after ghetoo booty posted his conversion i realized i jumped the gun and should ve waited on the KR Replica hood ... now tis too late i already spent too much money on paintjob and stock gt500 hood...

HOWEVER although GT500 rear fascia is better than stock gt it isn't as hot as the gt500 front fascia so i wanted something really good...

I go to Borders a lot on my luch break and look at Mustang Magz
I found this AWSOME rear fascia that is not out yet but will be by January
I think it's worh taking a look at as i thing it's the best one i've seen out there so far for mustangs!

I cant wait to get it!
Old 10/9/07, 10:57 PM
Bullitt Member

i hope it works out because that's what bash was saying. their end product looked really nothing like the gtr. that rear end looks good, but i'll have to see it close up. not really too fond of the rear vents.

Originally Posted by anteyeiabazele
So after ghetoo booty posted his conversion i realized i jumped the gun and should ve waited on the KR Replica hood ... now tis too late i already spent too much money on paintjob and stock gt500 hood...

HOWEVER although GT500 rear fascia is better than stock gt it isn't as hot as the gt500 front fascia so i wanted something really good...

I go to Borders a lot on my luch break and look at Mustang Magz
I found this AWSOME rear fascia that is not out yet but will be by January
I think it's worh taking a look at as i thing it's the best one i've seen out there so far for mustangs!

http://img408.imageshack.us/img408/7...eringtsrx6.jpg

I cant wait to get it!
Old 10/10/07, 08:10 AM
Bullitt Member

I agree it looks nothing like the gtr, it is a gts more like a replica gtr...
Obviously the side skirts with side exhaust are really ugly on this one ...
Also major differences are the front lower lip and the rear spoiler...
HOWEVER the rear end on this car i can safely say looks better than the original gtr concept and if indeed it looks the same i wont even think a second more in buying it!
Old 10/10/07, 12:40 PM

Just an FYI. For those doing the GT-500 Conversions. The Upper Sight Shield which Covers the Radiator and Has the A/C Fill Decal on it has Been Backordered From Ford For Months. You Can Trim your Stock Shield to Get by in the Meantime if you Got Your Conversion Pieces Elsewhere. I saw this coming and Have Stock for Five Kits. I will Not Sell the Shield Seperately as it would Negate the Whole Purpose of Overstocking on these so I would be Able To Sell Complete Kits. BTW I have Seen Some of the Other Guys Kits and Some are Not as Complete as Mine, be warned. Also Ford Has NO eta on the Sight Shield coming off of B/O.

KC
Old 10/10/07, 03:38 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for this info.
Old 10/26/07, 05:50 PM
Mach 1 Member

Question on conversion

All of these cars are great looking . I saw my first GT 500 two days ago at my dealer (it was used though) and my heart just skipped a beat! My wife fell in love with it also. Anyway, I had planning on doing this conversion, probably by this spring. For those of you who installed the parts yourself did you paint the parts first (if thats possible on parts that size) then install them, or did you install the primed parts on the car and have them painted while they were on the car??? Thanks.
Old 10/26/07, 06:14 PM
Bullitt Member

get them painted first.

Originally Posted by GTMark052
All of these cars are great looking . I saw my first GT 500 two days ago at my dealer (it was used though) and my heart just skipped a beat! My wife fell in love with it also. Anyway, I had planning on doing this conversion, probably by this spring. For those of you who installed the parts yourself did you paint the parts first (if thats possible on parts that size) then install them, or did you install the primed parts on the car and have them painted while they were on the car??? Thanks.
Old 11/1/07, 11:20 AM
Bullitt Member

to Ghetobooty

Hey man what's the finish on ur wheels its a weird color it look like theres a dark grey in between the weel star what color are they?
Old 11/8/07, 11:49 AM
Bullitt Member

and ur wheels dude are those 20' saleen wheels ?
Old 11/10/07, 03:48 PM
Bullitt Member

i just noticed u also have the gtr fenders with the side vents ... pretty cool.... they weren't that clear with al the blackness lol
Old 11/11/07, 05:58 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Well, I ordered my GT500 nose conversion kit from Kevin. With the Trufiber GT500KR style hood close to release, I couldn't hold out any longer....

I'm not going to do a full-on clone. My car will retain it's Roush rear spoiler, and the badging will remain Mustang tribars.
Old 11/14/07, 03:12 PM
Cobra Member

All these conversions are AWESOME!
Old 11/19/07, 02:41 PM

FYI, I am Getting Hammered on GT-500 Conversion Requests! Don't Get Caught Short with B/O Parts and Price Increases Come Next Year! Ford Usually Raises a Bunch o Parts Prices Come the First! Also as Demand Increases Look for Critical Components to get Back Ordered. It took Ford 6 Months to Finally Start Shipping The Upper Sight Shields. Who Knows What will be Next! If My Demand Is Up So are Others so we might Get Caught Short!

KC
Old 11/20/07, 04:45 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
FYI, I am Getting Hammered on GT-500 Conversion Requests! Don't Get Caught Short with B/O Parts and Price Increases Come Next Year! Ford Usually Raises a Bunch o Parts Prices Come the First! Also as Demand Increases Look for Critical Components to get Back Ordered. It took Ford 6 Months to Finally Start Shipping The Upper Sight Shields. Who Knows What will be Next! If My Demand Is Up So are Others so we might Get Caught Short!

KC
I was afraid that was going to happen before the spring when I planned to purchase those parts for my conversion

Quick Reply: 05stangkc Customers GT-500 & Gt/CS FINAL Conversion PICS! PLEASE POST HERE!