05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Shifter Bezels?

Search this Thread

Old 12/19/06 | 02:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thats the best looking one i've seen yet ... to bad it's $200.
Old 12/20/06 | 06:44 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by FRITZ
Thats the best looking one i've seen yet ... to bad it's $200.
Agree - Like the clean lines of it, but $200! (WHEW!!!!!)
Old 12/20/06 | 09:29 PM

Any chance of being able to nab one of the automatic ones at the Silver Springs show in Ocala Jan6th & 7th? If your going that is.

*still dropping hints*
Old 12/20/06 | 10:16 PM
Team Mustang Source

Marcello, please put me down on the preorder list for your bezel. The one I bought for $19.95 isn't really getting the job done.
Old 12/21/06 | 06:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Rich

What was wrong with the Mustang Depot bezel? On earlier posts you seemed satisfied? Based on your response I told my secretary to get me one in our offices "Secret Santa" I don't know if thats what she got. Now I hope not!!!!
Old 12/21/06 | 08:41 AM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by GRAYPNY
Marcello, please put me down on the preorder list for your bezel. The one I bought for $19.95 isn't really getting the job done.

What issues do you have with the Mustang Depot bezel?

Thanks
Old 12/21/06 | 09:22 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Perry,

I won't be there - they don't allow "vendors" other than those that work with NPD and I just wrapped up the PRI show and really need a little break. If I have them before the show, I'll be happy to get you one priority mail or FedEx - it's only one day in the state delivery, and weighs next to nothing when it's all machined away.

Rich,

I'm curious too what was wrong with the other piece - want to make sure that we don't have any of the same problems on ours, as this is a relatively "quick to market" piece - it's basically just a rectangle with two arcs... and if I missed anything, now would be the time to catch it. I know we caught the chamfered edge that was going to cut the boot if left alone, and a few other minor things too, but if there is something "big" I'm not seeing, it would be good to know. We also used that piece as a price point for comaprison, and while I can't beat that price, I can at least beat just about everyone else's
Old 12/21/06 | 09:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Marcello

I'm going to our Xmas lunch now. If I didn't get the Mustang Depot Bezel put me down for yours in the "non polished" or satin finish. Does it match the cupholder bezel? If it does I'll take one of those too w/o the GT logo.

Neil
Old 12/21/06 | 07:06 PM
Team Mustang Source

The Mustang Depot piece is fine for $19.95 and from a distance looks good. It doesn't really fit that well and there is a gap between the bezel and the console that I personally don't like. I will get the SHR piece because my baby deserves nothing but the best! The Mustang Depot piece isn't junk but for $19.95 you can't expect perfection either.
Old 12/22/06 | 09:27 AM

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Perry,

I won't be there - they don't allow "vendors" other than those that work with NPD and I just wrapped up the PRI show and really need a little break. If I have them before the show, I'll be happy to get you one priority mail or FedEx - it's only one day in the state delivery, and weighs next to nothing when it's all machined away.

Rich,

I'm curious too what was wrong with the other piece - want to make sure that we don't have any of the same problems on ours, as this is a relatively "quick to market" piece - it's basically just a rectangle with two arcs... and if I missed anything, now would be the time to catch it. I know we caught the chamfered edge that was going to cut the boot if left alone, and a few other minor things too, but if there is something "big" I'm not seeing, it would be good to know. We also used that piece as a price point for comaprison, and while I can't beat that price, I can at least beat just about everyone else's

Man that sux that they wont let you in. Thats ok though sounds like you need the break.
I am deffinately interested and if they are ready before the Silver Springs show that would be great.
Old 12/22/06 | 10:04 AM
Bullitt Member

Alright!!! my secretary gave me $$$$$ to buy the bezel myself. She had too much trouble ordering through the internet. Let me know when the Silverhorse Bezel is ready and put me on the list for one.
Old 12/22/06 | 07:53 PM
Legacy Tms Member

5 speed piece being worked on, although I don't know how much will be done next week - most of the guys are off.

Auto - I received two back today in satin finish- they kind of messed up my directions on the modifications I wanted, but they actually look pretty good - I want you guys to take a look and see what you think - Perry want to come over to fit this thing and make sure we've got it right? Otherwise I need to find an automatic that I can play with for a few minutes...it should be a "drop in" installation.

Let me know your thoughts on this - I'm leaning toward the "elegant simplicity" of this thing the more I look at it, but I think it needs to be photographed on a car to really decide... any takers? BTW - this is the "satin" bead blasted finish - we will be playing around with depth of cuts and stuff for the side serration work to work with the polished and chrome finishes to see what works.
Attached Thumbnails Shifter Bezels?-auto-0.jpg   Shifter Bezels?-auto-1.jpg   Shifter Bezels?-auto-2.jpg   Shifter Bezels?-auto3.jpg  
Old 12/23/06 | 06:02 AM
Bullitt Member

That looks great I'd definatly be in for one.
Old 12/23/06 | 06:35 AM
Legacy TMS Member

I'm liking that alot!!!!
Old 12/23/06 | 07:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

that looks sweet man! wasn't there a GT logo on the prototype?
Old 12/23/06 | 08:04 AM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by HiRoller
that looks sweet man! wasn't there a GT logo on the prototype?
Yes, but it gets in the way of the "ring" around the top of the part on the auto piece, and when coupled with our cup holder bezel that says GT on it, it's like a GT fest all in one area - too many...

I know, what if you don't have the cup holder... let me see what we can do with the design, I just don't want it getting too "busy" which I think the other one was leaning towards. This one is a bit more "reserved" yet still ends up looking nice.
Old 12/23/06 | 08:10 AM
Mach 1 Member

When will the satin ones be available??
Old 12/23/06 | 08:41 AM

Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
5 speed piece being worked on, although I don't know how much will be done next week - most of the guys are off.

Auto - I received two back today in satin finish- they kind of messed up my directions on the modifications I wanted, but they actually look pretty good - I want you guys to take a look and see what you think - Perry want to come over to fit this thing and make sure we've got it right? Otherwise I need to find an automatic that I can play with for a few minutes...it should be a "drop in" installation.

Let me know your thoughts on this - I'm leaning toward the "elegant simplicity" of this thing the more I look at it, but I think it needs to be photographed on a car to really decide... any takers? BTW - this is the "satin" bead blasted finish - we will be playing around with depth of cuts and stuff for the side serration work to work with the polished and chrome finishes to see what works.
Crap I have to work today!!!
I would love to be one of the first to fit the automatic bezel.
I do like the looks of it and I also liked the "GT" logo but as you said I also have your cup bezel and it says GT on it and your right that would be to much.
I would deffinately like to get my hands on one before the Silver Springs show to show it off.
Old 12/23/06 | 09:17 AM
Team Mustang Source

As usual, your stuff looks great! Speaking strictly for myself, I have your satin type cupholder without the logo, and lean towards the "simplier is better" philsophy.
Old 12/23/06 | 11:33 AM
GT Member

Have you decided not to go with the slanted angle design or is this just one of a couple in the works?

Thanks

Quick Reply: Shifter Bezels?