05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Shifter Bezels?

Search this Thread

Old 8/7/07, 03:39 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Richard,

Just been busy today and haven't had a chance to respond - the short answer is no, I don't have any plain black ones in stock - we only have satin brushed and chrome in stock in that piece at the moment. I have a lot of emails to dig through and get everyone up to speed, please just bear with us...

On the shifter / cup holder thing... the website is now updated, so you can order directly off of it, here's one of the links:

http://www.silverhorseracing.com/web...ategory_id=254
Old 8/7/07, 05:13 PM
Cobra Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
No problem Marecello. Just figured you might see this first. Just let me know. Just a note if you can make one that is completely flat on the door that would be sweet. Just a thought is all. Something like this one below. I know you have plenty on your plate now so do not take this wrong. I am just asking is all. As soon as you have a Black Anodized door for the truck i will buy it.

I do however have a question for you regarding the Musatng Door handles. Any plans to make them wihtout the holes in them in the satin finish?

Richard
Old 8/9/07, 07:00 PM
Legacy Tms Member

You need to look at our new catalog - we've got pictures of our new prototypes in there

No holes, but lots of very nice machine work, almost like a sculpture in aluminum... they eventually will get their own thread when we get time to finish them, but this is the direction they are headed in right now (realize this is a raw piece, and not the final production design, but close)

How's that?
Attached Images  
Old 8/9/07, 09:55 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Marcello, I just paid my Visa off! Thanks alot, LOL ..........................
Old 8/10/07, 05:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Marcello, I just received my shifter bezel in black and it looks great.

Earl
Old 8/10/07, 06:50 PM
Cobra Member

Pictures?

Pictures?

Richard
Old 8/11/07, 01:40 PM
Legacy Tms Member

LOL - what he said We got them in and started shipping them the same day, never even had a chance to do a photo shoot on the shifter bezels - first good shots posted get put on our website too!

BTW Earl, thanks, glad you like it.
Old 8/11/07, 07:58 PM
Bullitt Member

I'll post pics when I get it installed.

Earl
Old 9/14/07, 01:39 PM
Bullitt Member

I forgot to post this pic as I promised I would, the install isn't finished, it also shows the mods to the cup holder. The flash made it look much darker than it is, it actually looks great.

Earl
Attached Images  
Old 9/20/07, 08:04 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What is the Premium Trim Shifter Bezel? Does it come automatically with the Premium mustang? What does it look like?

I ordered an 08 Premium mustang with IUP, but my bezel is just black. Is there something wrong?

Thanks.
Old 9/20/07, 09:08 AM
Cobra Member

@ Marcello

LOVE those door handles, please keep us updated!

@krnpimpsta
If I understand your question correctly:
If you have a automatic then your shifter bezel will be black plastic, only the manual GT has the option for a silver bezel from the factory.
Old 9/20/07, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by vistablue mustang
@ Marcello

LOVE those door handles, please keep us updated!

@krnpimpsta
If I understand your question correctly:
If you have a automatic then your shifter bezel will be black plastic, only the manual GT has the option for a silver bezel from the factory.
I have a manual Premium GT. I don't remember adding any silver bezels. Do they come with the IUP or just with the Premium GT? Either way, mine is black...
Old 9/20/07, 11:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Steve,
I believe the silver shifter bezel you're talking about is part of the "premier trip package" which comes with the phallus for a shift ****. This is something you have to order on top of the IUP. See pic:
http://bradbarnett.net/mustangs/time...07/0702-19.jpg

I ordered my shifter bezel (and pedals) separate from KC (05stangkc). I think it looks better with the regular shift ****:
http://forums.bradbarnett.net/attach...9&d=1179617788
Old 9/20/07, 11:52 AM

Wow, that's discomfortingly phallic. Thanks, I think I understand how it works now.

So the PRemier Trim is a FREE option that you can get with IUP if you have a Premium mustang??? (It's listed as $0 on fordvehicles.com)

Arghhh... so did I just miss out on free aluminum pedals and a wrapped/stitched goodies??? ARGHHH! Can someone confirm?
Old 9/20/07, 12:17 PM
Bullitt Member

According to edmunds, the premier trim package is an extra $395.
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/ford....html?action=1

If you really really want those pieces you can get all of the premier pieces from KC (05stangkc) for you to do the install yourself. Just e-mail him and he'll get you a price list for the parts. If you want to save a little money you can get the pedals at cdc for an affordable price or even cheaper on ebay.
Old 9/20/07, 12:44 PM

Originally Posted by spike
According to edmunds, the premier trim package is an extra $395.
http://www.edmunds.com/new/2008/ford....html?action=1

If you really really want those pieces you can get all of the premier pieces from KC (05stangkc) for you to do the install yourself. Just e-mail him and he'll get you a price list for the parts. If you want to save a little money you can get the pedals at cdc for an affordable price or even cheaper on ebay.
Ahh, thank you very much. I was under the impression that I maxed out my interior, but I guess I didn't. I'll e-mail KC.

Do you imagine that it would be cheaper than the $395 ford price? (I know I'll find out as soon as I e-mail him, but I want to know! )
Old 9/20/07, 02:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by krnpimpsta
Do you imagine that it would be cheaper than the $395 ford price? (I know I'll find out as soon as I e-mail him, but I want to know! )
I'm not sure but if I were to guess I'd say it will be a little more than $395 to do the entire premier trim package just because you're ordering each part separately rather then getting it that way from the factory. But not that much more I suspect. I will say that KCs prices will beat the prices from your local ford dealer's parts department (if they'll even let you order the parts).

KC's pretty good about getting you his hotsheets within 24 hours though so you'll know soon.
Old 9/20/07, 08:22 PM

ARGHHH, so I went to my dealer to see how much a retrofit would cost. Turns out, you cannot just get the leather-wrapped parts. They're all integrated into really big pieces. As in, to get the leather instrument panel hood cover, you have to replace the ENTIRE DASH. Dealer quoted me $2000. For the stitched door arm rests, you have to replace the ENTIRE DOOR panel. I didn't even ask how much that was.

KC was cheaper for sure, but it's definately not something you can just retrofit for any reasonable price... argh, I'm hating myself for not paying the $395 extra to go with the Premium Trim Group. Seriously. I hate myself.

Thanks for all the help spike.
Old 9/21/07, 07:53 AM
Bullitt Member

Don't beat yourself up, man. If you ask me, I think the leather parts are overrated. Sure they're nice, but I wouldn't put them in the "must have" category. You bought a sports car not a luxury vehicle. Now upgraded pedals and shifter bezel are different.. I see those as must haves.

Plus, think how much harder it would've been to take care of all those extra leather parts. As it is I'm dousing my seats and steering wheel with leather treatment to keep it looking nice while the dash seem to looks great all the time with very little attention.

I'd say just order the pedals from CDC and get the bezel from KC and that's all the upgrade you need to put a smile on your face. Or you could get bezel from SilverHorseRacing which is super nice. OEM aside, there is not a better quality bezel out there right now.
Old 9/21/07, 08:23 AM

Thanks, I'll add those to my list of things to buy. I feel better. Quick question, what product are you dousing all your leather surfaces with? (You seem pretty knowledgeable, I'll just use whatever you're using, haha)

Quick Reply: Shifter Bezels?