05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

Shifter Bezels?

Search this Thread

Old 11/26/06, 07:23 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Yep, the same.Just different venders. I like mine for the price. Beats paying the inflated Ford price.
Old 11/29/06, 08:02 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Just finished fitting the prototype today - I haven't got an automatic car nearby to test with, guess I need to go to the dealer...

A few more weeks and they will be ready to show off to everyone, and we'll be the best priced billet one available. Promise. And the same quality that we put into everything else too.
Old 11/29/06, 09:28 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hurry and get some proto pics up, I was about to order the ford one
Old 11/29/06, 09:46 PM
Mach 1 Member

go to shelbyautos.com and shopping section they have one looks nice cheap only like 80 i think
Old 11/30/06, 05:24 AM
Legacy Tms Member

We'll be below that price too.

As to pictures, it's just an engineering prototype, to check for proper fit, so all the detail work isn't on it - it's a rectangle with a hole in it and some arcs cut out right now

I still have to test it on an auto before we start running production - to see if there are any issues we need to address. Otherwise, it won't be long with that piece.
Old 11/30/06, 05:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing

As to pictures, it's just an engineering prototype, to check for proper fit, so all the detail work isn't on it - it's a rectangle with a hole in it and some arcs cut out right now

I still have to test it on an auto before we start running production - to see if there are any issues we need to address. Otherwise, it won't be long with that piece.
So will this piece fit the manual trans?
Old 11/30/06, 07:08 PM

Woohoo maybe I can be the first to get one of these like the cup bezel.
Old 11/30/06, 11:42 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Ha - if you do I'll have to take a picture before I give it to you... I know how that goes!

To answer the question, yes it already fits the manual trans, we need to check auto trans fit. I may or may not get time to do that tomorrow, as I'm busy with a "black" project for the 05+ car right now that I think everyone is going to like besides the window louver project Let's just say I'm not happy with something that's available in the aftermarket again, and think I can do one better - actually already am, just not to finished piece yet, although I have top NASA engineers working on it. (No kidding) - Billet aluminum meets art - that's the goal anyway.
Old 12/1/06, 10:27 AM

LOL
Hey I took pictures.
Cant wait to see this I have been looking for a shifter bezel for some time now.
Old 12/2/06, 12:01 AM
Legacy Tms Member

I know you did - I was just busting your chops!

I checked the fit on an 07 auto today, it's a bit too high for my liking, so while it *would* fit an auto car, I think we'll end up making two versions for better fitment to the cars - of course that just doubled our inventory, again....

Oh, and the next two billet projects in the works:

1) Deluxe door handles (we already make our "standard" one )
2) Window switch plates.

Note that neither of these pieces will be particularly cheap - especially given the size and run time of both parts, but they will be nice, that I'll promise. I'd post some preliminary pictures, but don't want the cat out of the bag just yet, gotta make the copycats be at least a few days behind our release !

Oh, I guess I should have posted a picture of the "standard" handles... in stock now for 119.00-139.00 depending upon finish. Oh heck - here's a couple more shots of our 94-04 handles and instrument bezel, etc.. just so you can get an idea what the chrome handle finish is looking like.
Attached Images     
Old 12/2/06, 01:20 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
How does the bezel from Mustang Depot match with the IUP bright dash??
Old 12/2/06, 01:56 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know you did - I was just busting your chops!

I checked the fit on an 07 auto today, it's a bit too high for my liking, so while it *would* fit an auto car, I think we'll end up making two versions for better fitment to the cars - of course that just doubled our inventory, again....

Oh, and the next two billet projects in the works:

1) Deluxe door handles (we already make our "standard" one )
2) Window switch plates.

Note that neither of these pieces will be particularly cheap - especially given the size and run time of both parts, but they will be nice, that I'll promise. I'd post some preliminary pictures, but don't want the cat out of the bag just yet, gotta make the copycats be at least a few days behind our release !

Oh, I guess I should have posted a picture of the "standard" handles... in stock now for 119.00-139.00 depending upon finish. Oh heck - here's a couple more shots of our 94-04 handles and instrument bezel, etc.. just so you can get an idea what the chrome handle finish is looking like.
just saw these on ss inserts
http://www.ssinserts.com/Merchant2/m...gory_Code=111a
Old 12/3/06, 02:48 PM
Cobra Member

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
How does the bezel from Mustang Depot match with the IUP bright dash??
I've got the dark charcoal IUP dash, so can't comment on that, it does match well with the rest of the brushed aluminum trim on the interior.
Old 12/3/06, 08:56 PM
Cobra R Member

Well looks like youve done it too me silverhorse, LOL, I just ordered just about everything you make. I guess I ll have to wait for the new upcoming stuff to go broke again. Cant wait for the stuff. Wonder when the louvers will be done?
Old 12/3/06, 10:20 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Originally Posted by Boltzman
Yep, one in the same - SS Inserts is a good dealer of ours, he's just a little faster sometimes with the listing of stuff while I'm busy here running the machines and working on designs I'll get them up on the website this week I hope, just spent the weekend with the family for a change, and now have to catch up everything and kick into high gear our prep for the PRI show.

Originally Posted by sodaman
Well looks like youve done it too me silverhorse, LOL, I just ordered just about everything you make. I guess I ll have to wait for the new upcoming stuff to go broke again. Cant wait for the stuff. Wonder when the louvers will be done?
Man, if I didn't catch the email address when I saw that I was going to call and confirm that it wasn't a hoax order! Thanks! Everything except the windows is in stock and will go out to you tomorrow - would you like a free windshield banner for your car like we have on the #05? We did them in the same white / silver reflective that we did our car in, so you can even see it at night when the headlights bounce off it. Oh, and I just got in a new run of our toolbox / window decals that are like 1x6" size, we used to put them in the packages, then gave it up when we didn't think anyone was using them - come to find out people were wanting them and started asking us for them, so I had another run done.

As to the windows - I have to add you to our email update list and put out another update this week - more pictures of the molds getting close, along with like 2 tons of steel that just showed up for the backing plates - 300 tons of force needs to be held in there somehow! Soon though, we should have samples of the driver side in a week or so, and the passenger side will be "completely finished" as soon as we are sure there are no modifications required when we run the driver's side. So the answer to the question is early January if nothing else slows us down.
Old 12/4/06, 05:21 PM
Cobra R Member

Awesome thanks marcello, got your tracking number right away, now that's customer service. I would love one of the windshield banners if you still got one, thanks a bunch. Well hopefully have some new pics for the weekend. Later
Old 12/4/06, 06:51 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Smile

Yeah, unfortunately you saw the tracking info because I had it packed up and out on schedule... before I saw your reply No problem though, I did put a couple of our new toolbox / underhood decals in the box for you, and I'll put a note on the quarter-louver order to make sure you get a windshield banner in that box.

Thanks again.
Old 12/7/06, 02:08 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Shifter bezel is coming along nice A couple more modifications and I'll have some pictures for everyone once I approve the final part for production. Let's just say I wasn't happy with it being a rectangular chunk of aluminum just sitting there... The additional operations we are doing to it really make it stand out nice, and I only have one fitment issue left to address before they are 100% (I think)
Old 12/7/06, 05:03 PM

*cant wait to see the shifter bezel*
Old 12/8/06, 08:28 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
I held off on ordering the Mustang Depot bezel....I'll see what Marcello comes up with....

Quick Reply: Shifter Bezels?