05-09 Interior and Audio Mods Enhancing Your Mustang's Interior and Sound System

New Tru-Billet Products coming SOON

Search this Thread

Old 12/14/09, 11:33 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Marcello,

I want you to know that every time you announce a new product that fits my car, I get giddy with anticipation of it. I know I have to have it. Your product exudes the passion that you feel for the quality of your product, Your competitor's product does not. I have several times looked at thier product at major events...and walked away dissappointed with what could have been. Never the case when I recieve a shipment from you.

I look forward to placing an order for the new lock pockets and what you come up with in the future.
Old 12/15/09, 08:51 AM
Bullitt Member

Its actually funny, I was looking at the SHR billet plates and the UPR plates on their own websites. The UPR plates have visible machine marks in the website photos. For what less than 20bux difference? ROFL, I find it funny they didn't even bother to finish one set for the pics... Atention to detail it seems......
Old 12/15/09, 02:22 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
You know I'm always up for the focus group.

I've hated UPR for years now. Ever since I first read one (of many) stories of a guy who bought a UPR suspension product, it failed, and he was injured. UPR tried to tell him there was nothing wrong, then said it was a powder-coating issue, when any moron could clearly see from the pictures that it was a weld issue. Then when I realized they were ripping off other's products like SHR, I was furious. I can't stand for this type of thing and will never give UPR a dime. I don't see how you can live with yourself stealing others' products and putting lives at risk. What does UPR stand for, anyway? Ultimate Products Ripperoffers? Boooo

What's even worse, is their descriptions sound exactly like Marcello's. It's like they sit down and say "Ok, time to write this product description. What would Marcello say?". And they're calling them the "first and only". How are you gonna have the nerve and call out your competition, when you stole the design from them?

Last edited by DarkFireGT; 12/15/09 at 02:25 PM.
Old 12/24/09, 01:41 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Merry Christmas to everyone

We're planning on releasing the lock pockets soon after the first of the New Year, a lot of them are at finishing right now (that pesky thing that some of our friends don't even bother doing). There will be a nice special available, details when they are back here and ready to go out. Satin was delayed a few days behind chrome due to the Ford order having to ship before one of our guys could get on the media blast cabinet to do them.

And...

It has come to our attention that some of our products have competition from the "stacked depot discount muscle extreme designer" guys, so since we're the dog and not the tail in this pony show, we're going to keep it interesting for them...

Coming soon (and as in soon I mean one is already done and another is finishing prototyping TODAY for production next week not a year from now) we're going to be re-releasing some of our more popular products with updated designs and visual looks to keep our friends wondering which version they would like to offer next As they move through production and finishing they will be replacing our current generation of some of our more classic pieces, and I expect that near the end of January the first of these will start popping up in public view. This might mean a short backorder on a couple of pieces as they run out until the new generation comes into stock, but it's not going to be long. The upshoot will be it will be very obvious even to casual observers that the pieces are ours, without having to resort to things like putting our logo on every piece in plain view.

Suffice it to say since we make the parts in-house, we can do whatever we want, we don't have to worry about cycle times as if we were subcontracting the work out, and we don't have to wait for another container from overseas to arrive before making our design changes. Just sayin'

Oh, and we've got "the other guys" pieces here to compare to, when you see the pictures of ours vs. theirs, I think most people would agree that the difference in price (if any) is not worth it when you see what you are, or more precisely, are not getting. We'll post them all up to the site one of these days soon as we get through the software changes we're still (yeah I know) still working on.

In the meantime, have a safe and Merry Christmas !
Old 12/24/09, 07:55 PM

Merry X-mas, can not wait, I plan to order the pockets with the Pins!!!!!!!!!!
Old 12/24/09, 09:28 PM
Cobra R Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Great update! But now I'm gonna have to swap my stuff out, cuz I'm sure the new stuff will be even more awesome!
Old 12/24/09, 10:45 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 34 Likes on 26 Posts
^I second that...
Old 12/25/09, 07:13 AM
Cobra Member

Great update Marcello.... can't wait to see your updated products along with those lock pin pockets!
Old 12/26/09, 12:23 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Looking forward to seeing the new/revised stuff, just don't make it so good that I HAVE to replace all the SHR stuff I already have

And thank you for avoiding going the Steeda route with logos stamped everywhere

Last edited by Torch_Vert; 12/26/09 at 12:25 PM.
Old 12/27/09, 10:03 AM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Nice !
Old 1/16/10, 12:18 PM
Legacy Tms Member

No problem on avoiding logo everywhere...

Update - anodized pieces are here, but we are holding release until next week when *hopefully* our chrome ones will be back from finishing, and we can open it up on all fronts. In the meantime, since ours have an O-ring to keep noise down from the lock pin (those pesky details ) we're assembling them and geting them all ready. Right behind this we have like 4 more products either brand new or 2nd generation coming, this should be an exciting winter / spring for us as we roll out more new products than we have in quite some time. Of course, we have to keep a lot "under wraps" right now, but expect to see results sooner rather than later!

More next week as it becomes available. Oh, and for the record, we do NOT supply Billet Depot with products, they are a "shell" company for another well-known company in S. Florida, hence why they have no physical address other than the one that matches their parent company. We had a couple people ask thinking that they already were being supplied with our pieces, and this is ABSOLUTELY not the case.
Old 1/19/10, 06:02 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Just teasin'

Here, to keep you guys satisfied for a little longer until some of these start coming in from finishing. This is "in the raw" off the machine, obviously not showing much of what it is or where it goes, but I figured you'd like to see a little something...
Attached Images  
Old 1/19/10, 06:25 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

Tasty, new door handles I guess?
Old 1/20/10, 01:59 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Something like that...
Old 1/20/10, 02:04 PM
I don't do trannies
or rear-ends anymore!

I'm glad I waited now
Old 1/20/10, 02:17 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Just the tip of the iceberg my friend... by Spring pretty much anything we make that has been knocked off exactly will be replaced with new products - let them try and keep up
Old 1/20/10, 05:40 PM
Cobra Member

Old 1/20/10, 08:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by SilverHorseRacing
Here, to keep you guys satisfied for a little longer until some of these start coming in from finishing. This is "in the raw" off the machine, obviously not showing much of what it is or where it goes, but I figured you'd like to see a little something...
Nice I like & will always support you Sir ! knock off's never beat the caring quality that you & your team always put into your work, Loyal forever !
Old 1/20/10, 09:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

Marcello, Have you ever looked into producing billet equivalents for those S197 plastic seatback release handles that break so easy? -Steve
Old 1/21/10, 05:15 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 20 Likes on 16 Posts
Marcello , this may have been asked before , it seems like it might have been ? Have you thought about making a billet piece to replace the plastic piece the door handles are in to match your window switch plates ? I have your chrome handles and think they would look great inside a billet piece. Also what about a billet trim piece for the door subwoofers ...

Last edited by 05YellowGT; 1/21/10 at 07:05 AM.

Quick Reply: New Tru-Billet Products coming SOON